Oriental-Honey Chicken Kabobs
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2-3 zucchini or yellow squash, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 lb. fresh mushrooms
- 1 lb. cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup red, yellow and green bell pepper pieces
- 2 large green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Cut chicken into bit size pieces (approx. 1 1/2 inches), then place into a large plastic bag.
- Place zucchini, mushrooms, tomatoes and peppers into another large plastic bag.
- Combine together soy, sherry, honey, oil and garlic; mix well and pour half the mixture over the chicken and the other half over the vegetables.
- Seal bags securely; turn to coat; refrigerate and marinate for 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Soak six (12-inch) skewers in water for 20 minutes, (this allows for easy threading).
- Preheat broiler or grill.
- Drain chicken and vegetables; reserve marinade. Alternately thread chicken, vegetables and onions on skewers.
- Place skewers on rack of broiler pan or fire up the grill. Brush with half of the reserved marinade.
- Broil or grill 5 to 6 inches from heat for 5 minutes.
- Turn kabobs over then brush with remaining marinade then broil another 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Enjoy!
Amount per serving
Total Colories 145
Fat 3 g
Carbs 8 g
Protein 21 g
Oriental Honey Chicken Kabobs PDF (113 KB)