| Name: Kyle Shirley
Weight: 215 lbs
[ Q ] Tell us a little about yourself. What is your position at Bodybuilding.com? How long have you worked here?
I have worked for Bodybuilding.com for 1 year now, and I'm a Floor Supervisor for the Bodybuilding.com Customer Service.
[ Q ] What was your workout/fitness/nutrition level before working at Bodybuilding.com?
I had always been active in sports and loved working out before I worked for Bodybuilding.com, however, this was more recreational and my diet was way too inconsistent to put on any really good size. To add further insult to injury, I never really had any goals or anyone to help push me so I never had that extra push I have now!
Click To Enlarge.
I Never Really Had Any Goals Or Anyone To Help Push
Me So I Never Had That Extra Push I Have Now!
[ Q ] What does your workout routine consist of now (please give detailed weekly workout)?
I use a lot of HIT principles in my training, really focusing on TUT. The weight should be heavy enough that by the end of the rep range I'm at or near failure.
|TERMS YOU'LL NEED TO KNOW|
- Incline Dumbbell Press: 4 sets 6-8 reps
- Flat Dumbbell Press: 4 sets to 6-8 reps
- Cable Flyes: 3 sets to 6-8 reps
- Decline Barbell Press: 4 sets to 6-8 reps
- Narrow Grip Bench: 4 Sets to 10-14 reps
- Triceps Extensions: 4 Sets to 10-12 reps
- Dips: 3 sets to failure
- Cable Lat Pulldowns: 4 sets to 6-8 reps
- Cable Rows: 4 sets to 8-12 reps
- Bent Over Barbell Rows: 3 sets to 6-8 reps
- T-Bar Rows: 4 sets to 6-10 reps
- Deadlifts: 5 sets of 5 reps
- Barbell Curls: 4 sets to 6-10 reps
- Preacher Bench Curls: 4 sets to 6-12 reps
- Concentration Curls: 3 sets to 6-10 reps
- Barbell Shrugs: 4 sets to 6-10 reps
- Dumbbell Shrugs: 3 sets to 8-15 reps
- Upright Barbell Rows: 4 sets to 6-10 reps
- Reverse Dumbbell Flyes: 4 sets to 10-12 reps
- Single Arm Side Laterals: 4 sets to 10-12 reps
- Arnold Press: 3 sets to 6-8 reps
- Squats: 4 sets to 8-12 reps
- Hack Squats: 4 sets to 8-12 reps
- Leg Extensions: 3 sets to 8-14 reps
- Standing Leg Curls: 4 sets to 8-12 reps
- Romanian Deadlifts: 5 sets to 8-12 reps
[ Q ] What does your diet consist of now (please give detailed daily diet)?
- 1 Serving Optimum Nutrition Serious Mass
Protein = 50g. Carbs = 252 g. Fats = 4.5g.
- 1 Serving Optimum Nutrition Pro Complex Gainer
Protein = 60g. Carbs = 85g. Fats = 8g.
- 1 Serving Universal Milk & Egg Protein
Protein = 24g. Carbs = 3g. Fats = 2g.
[ Q ] What supplements have helped you reach your goals (please give daily supplement program)?
Supplements During Bulking Cycle
- Orange Triad - Multivitamin
- Super Cissus - Joint Support
- Jack3d/SuperPump250 - Pre-Workout
- Serious Mass - Heavy Weight Gainer
- Pro Complex Gainer - Lean Weight Gainer
- Xtend - Amino Acid
- Dark Matter/Torrent - Post Workout Protein/Carb Blend
- MethoxyisoFlavone (Stand Alone) - Protein Synthesis
- Animal M-Stak - Sleep Rehab And Protein Synthesis
- Universal Milk & Egg Protein - Night Time Protein
[ Q ] What is it like working at Bodybuilding.com? Does it create a helpful fitness environment?
Working at Bodybuilding.com is the greatest opportunity I have ever been given! Everyone here is treated like family and it's great going to work every day with all your friends! It's also a great motivator when everyone is asking how your training is going or when they compliment you on how much progress you have made in your current Bulk/Cut cycle.
[ Q ] How does the Bodybuilding.com environment influence your health, fitness and appearance goals?
People are products of their environment and working at Bodybuilding.com is no exception. Everyone here truly practices what they preach, and it's great having that friendly competitiveness with one another. No matter what stage of training I am in, whether it is a bulk or cut, there is always someone I can reach out to for alternative methods for better results! On top of that, we're always trying, swapping, and trading products and our opinions with one another which adds a greater understanding of our products.
Click To Enlarge.
People Are Products Of Their Environment And
Working At Bodybuilding.com Is No Exception.
[ Q ] What are your co-workers like?
The people who work at Bodybuilding.com are a breed all their own! I'm not sure if it's the nature of the business or the values that define our company but I have never met such a diverse and awesome blend of people!
[ Q ] Did someone from Bodybuilding.com inspire you to reach your goals?
It's hard to attribute my inspiration to one single person as so many have influenced me in their own way. Everyone from Brad Martinez, Tyson Barnes, and Myke Plank in CS to the likes of Matt Biss and even Ryan DeLuca at the corporate office have all had a significant impact on the way I train, eat, and think.
[ Q ] Have you inspired others with your new look and attitude?
I'm not sure if I have inspired anyone really but I try to give my coworkers and friends everything I can offer them whether it is from knowledge and supplements or personal advice and moral support.
[ Q ] What is your favorite feature on the Bodybuilding.com website?
My favorite feature is hands down the Exercise Page. Whenever I am looking for new ideas and movements for my workout routines, I will look no further than this highly customizable guide we offer!
[ Q ] How does Bodybuilding.com help to motivate/support you?
Bodybuilding.com gives me everything I need to stay motivated in the gym and in life. A lot of people may think it's a sweet job from all the supplements and free samples we get to try, but the real perks are from the people we work with.
[ Q ] Does practicing the bodybuilding lifestyle improve the productivity of Bodybuilding.com? If so, how?
It's hard to tell someone how to build a house if you have never done it before. Same goes with working out. Living the lifestyle greatly enhances the overall understanding of why and how things work and with all the people we have contact us, it's basically a must for any CS rep!
[ Q ] What are your future goals? Do you think working for Bodybuilding.com will help you reach them?
My future goal is simple, achievement. Regardless of what it deals with, I have been focusing on achieving the best I possibly can.
Want To Work For Bodybuilding.com?
Company Info, Career Opportunities And More!
Ever wonder if we actually practice what we preach? Well, look no further. We are proud to announce "The Bodybuilding.com Fit Profile Of The Month". This new monthly feature has been created to share the successes and determination of each employee selected.
Nominate A Bodybuilding.com Employee Here.
Check Out Career Opportunities Here.
Learn More About Bodybuilding.com Here.
|Share This Article: