| Name: Joshua Nalder
Weight: 190 lbs
[ Q ] Tell us a little about yourself. What is your position at BB.com? How long have you worked here?
I am an amateur bodybuilder, personal trainer, husband and father. I currently work in fraud prevention and have been with Bodybuilding.com since April 2010.
[ Q ] What was your workout/fitness/nutrition level before working at BB.com?
I have always been active since I was a kid; playing baseball, football, wrestling, and skateboarding. I got into bodybuilding around 2004 because I was tired of being small. Since I started lifting weights I have learned so much about nutrition and supplementation.
Click To Enlarge.
I Have Always Been Active since I Was A Kid; Playing Baseball,
Football, Wrestling, And Skateboarding.
[ Q ] What does your workout routine consist of now?
Day 1: Biceps/Hamstrings
- Barbell Curl: 5 sets of 12,10,10,8,5 reps
- Seated Incline Dumbbell Curl: 4 sets of 10,10,6-8,5-8 reps
- Seated Leg Curls: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Romanian Deadlifts: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Glute Ham Raise: 3 sets of 12 reps, bodyweight
- Standing Leg Curls: 3-4 sets of 10 reps
Day 2: Chest/Traps/Calves/Abs
- Reverse-Grip Barbell Chest Press: 5 sets of 10,10,10,6-8,6-8 reps
- Barbell Bench Press: 4 sets of 10,10,8,5 reps
- Incline Dumbbell Flyes: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Cable Crossovers: 3 sets 10-12 reps
- Barbell Shrugs: 4 sets of 15,12,5-8,5-8 reps
- Dumbbell Shrugs: 3 sets 15 reps
- Standing Calf Raise: 4 sets of 15,12,10,10 reps
- Seated Calf Raise: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Sit Ups: 3 sets of 25 reps
- Leg Raises: 3 sets of 25 reps
Day 3: Rest
Day 4: Quads/Shoulders
- Squats: 5 sets of 10,10,10,5,5 reps
- Front Squats: 3 sets of 10,10,5-8 reps
- Incline Leg Extensions: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Leg Press (feet high to hit more Hamstrings): 3 sets of 15,12,12 reps
- Seated Barbell Shoulder Press (behind the head) 4 sets of 10,10,10,5-8 reps
- Bent Over Rear Delt Dumbbell Raise: 4 sets of 12,10,10,10 reps
- One-Arm Leaning Side Laterals: 3-4 sets 10 reps
- Barbell Front Raise: 3 sets of 10,10,8-10 reps
Day 5: Back/Triceps
- Deadlifts: 5 sets of 10,10,10,5,3 reps
- Weighted Pull-ups: 4 sets of 10,6,6,6 reps, 1 dropset of 4-6 reps, bodyweight
- Seated Wide-Grip Cable Row: 4 sets of 12,12,10,8 reps
- Close-Grip Bench Press: 5 sets of 10,10,10,10,3-5 reps
- Overhead Dumbbell Extension: 3 sets of 10,10,8-10 reps
- Skull Crushers: 2 sets of 10 reps
- Reverse Grip One Arm Pushdown: 3 sets 10-12 reps
Day 6 And 7: Rest
[ Q ] Lifting Schedule?
- Wednesday: Biceps/Hamstrings
- Thursday: Chest/Traps/Calves/Abs
- Friday: Rest
- Saturday: Quads/Shoulders
- Sunday: Back/Triceps
Lifting schedule changes depending on my work schedule
[ Q ] What does your diet consist of now?
This is my day to day meal plan. Every 6 days I will have a cheat day where I eat pretty much whatever I want, since I am in a bulking phase of my training.
- 4-6 Whole Eggs
- ½ cup Oatmeal
- 1 tbsp Natural Peanut Butter
- 3 tabs Orange Triad
- 2 soft gel Fish Oils
Meal 2: Post Workout
- 167 grams Serious Mass
- 167 grams Serious Mass
[ Q ] What supplements have helped you reach your goals?
- Noxpump: for a Pre Workout
- Hgh Complete and TestoRx: Before bed
- Orange Triad
- Optimum Nutrition Casein, Whey, and Serious Mass
- Fish Oil
[ Q ] What is it like working at BB.com? Does it create a helpful fitness environment?
Working at BB.com is a-mazing! I love this place. Everyone I work with is great and is involved with fitness in some way or another which helps keep you accountable with your fitness goals.
Click To Enlarge.
Everyone I Work With Is Great And Is Involved
With Fitness In Some Way Or Another.
[ Q ] How does the Bodybuilding.com environment influence your health, fitness and appearance goals?
I am surrounded by people that are always talking about their workouts and asking you how your goals are coming along. Everyone here strives to make themself better. Whether that be improving their physiques, gaining muscle, dropping body fat or going to school. I don't ever dread going to work, I actually look forward to it.
[ Q ] What are your co-workers like?
My co-workers are truly amazing! There is never a dull moment.
[ Q ] Did someone from Bodybuilding.com inspire you to reach your goals?
I can't say any one individual has inspired me. Everyone here will inspire me in some way or another.
[ Q ] Have you inspired others with your new look and attitude?
I have never been told that I have inspired someone. I just hope my actions in and out of the gym will inspire someone. I do know that I inspire my kids to live a fit and healthy lifestyle, my daughter thinks I am a superhero.
[ Q ] What is your favorite feature on the BB.com website?
I think the website as a whole is awesome. I don't have a favorite, but BodySpace is great, just seeing the transformations people have made can be extremely motivating.
[ Q ] How does BB.com help to motivate/support you?
I am surrounded by fitness. It's very hard not to be motivated.
[ Q ] Does practicing the bodybuilding lifestyle improve the productivity of Bodybuilding.com? If so, how?
Most definitely. I was told a few years ago when I got into bodybuilding "Once you start body building you will never be content with the way you look again." How true that has been. I am always striving to improve and be the best in everything I do.
[ Q ] What are your future goals? Do you think working for BB.com will help you reach them?
My future goals are to compete in the 2011 Northwest Natural Pro-Atlas Bodybuilding and Figure Championships on April 29-30, 2011 and take first place in my weight class and the overall, and be a great role model, inspiration and example for my kids, improve my strengths, and to continue living the bodybuilding lifestyle.
Want To Work For Bodybuilding.com?
Company Info, Career Opportunities And More!
Ever wonder if we actually practice what we preach? Well, look no further. We are proud to announce "The Bodybuilding.com Fit Profile Of The Month". This new monthly feature has been created to share the successes and determination of each employee selected.
Nominate A Bodybuilding.com Employee Here.
Check Out Career Opportunities Here.
Learn More About Bodybuilding.com Here.
|Share This Article: