Name: Tracy Fenske
Weight: 218 lbs
Body Fat: 34%
Weight: 135 lbs Stage Weight
Body Fat: Around 10-11%
Weight: ~ 150lbs
Body Fat: 16%
Why I Got Started
In 2000, I was at one of my friend's weddings and ran into an ex-boyfriend's father. I went over to say "Hi." He gave me a hug and said "Wow, packed on a couple pounds." At that time I was at my heaviest: 218 pounds.
The next day I joined a gym and started working out. I had always been a chubby kid (weighing 150 pounds by the time I was 13) and my family did not make healthy choices. I worked out and did a lot of cardio and dropped down to 170 pounds for my wedding in 2002.
How I Did It
I continued to workout because I fell in love with heavy lifting and started to clean up my diet. In 2006, I decided I was ready to take my training to the next level and hired a personal trainer and nutritionist. I began working with Cathy Savage from Boston through her SOS program.
I wanted to lose 20 pounds to look great on our upcoming trip to Negril, Jamaica to celebrate our 5-year anniversary. Under her staff's guidance I lost the weight in 3 months and decided, "Why not try to compete."
I followed the diet and exercise program to the letter and did not cheat, not even through the holidays. On March 31st I did my first show in Ottawa, Illinois and placed 5th in my class. I was hooked!
I continued to do 3 more shows in 2007 and then took time off to rebuild and relax. Currently I am working with Kristi Tauti in Portland, Oregon and will start my precontest for fall shows the beginning of July 2008.
I placed 3rd at the 2008 Washington State Championships in Olympia Washington.
- I workout everyday at 4:30am
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Brown Rice
- Large salad
Meal 2: Post Workout
|TERMS YOU'LL NEED TO KNOW|
I do mostly drop sets - set of 8, drop weight, set of 10 for upper body and higher reps lower body.
Sunday - Shoulders:
- Military Press - 2 drop sets of 8, 10 reps
- Lateral Raises - 2 drop sets of 8, 10 reps
- Rear Delts - 2 drop sets of 8, 10 reps
- Front Raises - 2 drop sets of 8, 10 reps
- Arnold Presses - 2 drop sets of 8, 10 reps
- Upright Rows - 2 drop sets of 8, 10 reps
- AM - Cardio
This is an example. I never do the same workout twice.
Monday - Cardio
I usually do a mixture of cardio machines, I like to mix it up. 15 min each, stepper eliptical and stationary bike.
Tuesday - Chest & Triceps:
- Warm Up 100 Pushups
- Bench Press - 2 drop sets of 8, 10 reps
- Dumbbell Incline Flyes - 2 drop sets of 8, 10 reps
- Bench Dips - 2 drop sets of 8, 10 reps
- Rope Pushdowns - 2 drop sets of 8, 10 reps
- Close Grip Bench - 2 drop sets of 8, 10 reps
Wednesday - Legs:
- Front Squat - 2 drop sets of 12, 15 reps
Leg Extensions - 2 sets of 12, 15 reps
Hamstring Curls - 2 sets of 12, 15 reps
Stiff Legged Deadlifts - 2 sets of 12, 15 reps
Calf Raises - 2 sets of 12, 15 reps
- Lunges or Step Ups - 2 drop sets of 12, 15 reps
Thursday - Cardio:
Easy cardio for 45-60 minutes or Off Day
Friday - Back & Biceps:
- Warm Up 100 Assisted Pullups
- Straight Arm Pulldowns - 2 drop sets of 8, 10 reps
- Cable Rows - 2 drop sets of 8, 10 reps
- Reverse Grip Pulldowns - 2 drop sets of 8, 10 reps
- Hammer Curls - 2 drop sets of 8, 10 reps
- Barbell Curls - 2 drop sets of 8, 10 reps
- Dumbbell or Barbell Rows - 2 drop sets of 8, 10 reps
- Back Extensions - 2 drop sets of 8, 10 reps
- PM - Cardio
Saturday Morning - Track Workout with Kristi and the team
Saturday Afternoon - 500 lunges
This is my building program. When I lean for show I weight train less and increase my cardio.
Suggestions For Others
Eat consistently healthy but allow yourself to indulge once in a while. Don't be so hard yourself, and realize that we all have different goals in fitness but the most important thing is that we stay healthy and find something we love to do. Find a great group of friends with common goals who will be honest with you and motivate you.
I have been blessed to find a great network in this industry who have taught me to stop being so hard on myself and sit back and enjoy the ride so I would like to thank my girls, (in alphabetical order) Amber, Dana, Heather, Jill, Jen, Liz & Shianne for coming to my shows and supporting me. My coaches past and present Cathy Savage Fitness, Christine Bongiovanni, and Kristi Tauti for kicking my butt on a daily basis, and of course my loving devoted husband, Mark, who gets up every morning with me to train and is my greatest cheerleader. Love you babe!