Weight: 131 lbs
Body Fat: 26.4%
Weight: 109 lbs
Body Fat: 14%
Why I Got Started
I am a personal trainer. I know it's probably weird to think that trainers hire trainers, but I did. I had a real issue with the fact that I didn't look like a trainer. I "thought" I ate pretty healthy. I worked out pretty hard. I did triathlons and ran a couple marathons, but still nothing!
If I can talk the talk I needed to walk the walk of all of my clients. I wanted to give them someone to look up to. If I could overcome my issues, so could they. I have such a passion for the health and fitness field that it killed me that I could never get to that fitness level I so wanted to achieve.
I had gone to watch figure shows time and time again. All of my friends would always ask me when it was my turn to get up there. I always answered with "it's just not the right time." Well, I finally had a revelation that there would never be the perfect time.
I was about to turn 35 and wasn't happy with the way I looked and the way I felt about myself. I wasn't going to celebrate another birthday feeling like I fell short of another dream.
How I Did It
I called on a pro for help, Nicole Wilkins Lee. She was exactly what I needed. She saw potential in me I could have never seen in myself. She stripped my eating habits to only whole, clean foods. She set me up on a full strength training and cardio routine.
I thought I worked out hard until I did a few sessions with her. She brought my ego back down quicker than I could do a jump squat. She was always available to me for questions, concerns and a little motivational push when I needed it.
She also gave me the confidence I needed in order to step outside of my comfort zone and finally feel happy with the person that stared back at me every morning.
I am a modest, shy person. But there I was 4 months later, on stage in a bikini posing in front of a few hundred people. I had never felt so beautiful and proud in one shining moment.
- MRM Digest-ALL
- CytoSport Complete Whey
- MRM Smart Blend
- BSN Lean Dessert
- Betancourt Nutrition Glutamine High-C
I do 60-90 minutes of cardio 6-7 days a week.
Day 1: Legs
- Sumo Squats: 3 sets of 15-20 reps
- Dumbbell Lunges: 3 sets of 15-20 reps
- Leg Press: 3 sets of 15-20 reps
- Leg Extensions: 3 sets of 15-20 reps
- Dumbbell Flyes: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Incline Dumbbell Flyes: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Pushups: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Incline Bench Press: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Hammer Curls: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Skullcrushers: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Preacher Curls: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Dumbbell Kickbacks: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Overhead Triceps Extensions: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Cable Curls: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Pullups: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Dumbbell Shoulder Press: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Reverse Flyes: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Lateral Raises: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Lat Pulldowns: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Front Dumbbell Raises: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Seated Cable Row: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
Day 2: Chest
Day 3: Arms
Day 4: Shoulders And Back
Suggestions For Others
Have a dream! If you aren't sure how to achieve that dream, ask for help. Seek out the guidance of a fitness professional. Never sell yourself short of what you would like to achieve. I realized if you want something bad enough then you will make the sacrifices to get there.
It's a not a matter of wanting something, it's how bad you want it! It's that motivation burns like a fire within you that nobody can put out! Yes, I did transform my body, but it was inevitable that my mind was going to follow in those same footsteps. "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams" - Eleanor Roosevelt (A quote I live by).