Today's Transformed nutrition tip from Chef Patrick Stark is all about eggs. Here's what he shares in today's video:
- How to tell if an egg has gone bad
- How to cook perfect hard-boiled eggs
- Two ways to easily remove shells from hard-boiled eggs
Patrick Stark Egg-Cooking Tips
Watch the video - 3:54
You'll find the details for boiling the eggs below. As for his ninja-level tricks for how to remove an egg from it shell, well, that must be seen to believed!
Perfect Boiled Eggs Every Time
Eggs as many as desired
Water sufficient to cover eggs by an inch
Baking soda 1 tsp
- Put eggs and baking soda in cold water and turn on heat to high.
- Once it starts boiling, cover the eggs, turn the heat off, cover the pan, and let it sit until egg is cooked.
- For small eggs, let sit 9 minutes; for large eggs, 12 minutes; and for extra-large eggs, 15 minutes.
- Remove eggs, "shock" them by placing them in a bowl of ice water until they are completely cooled.
* Ratings as of article's date of publication