Chocolate protein pancakes
A 12-week transformation is all about planning ahead. Why would you make just enough of something for one meal when you could easily make a few days' worth? Protein pancakes are perfect for this approach! You can either make a big batch and freeze some of them, or do like Chef Patrick Stark does and freeze the extra batter.
Here's his recipe for perfect protein pancakes, complete with a protein-rich whipped topping!
Dymatize Kitchen Hack High-Protein Chocolate Pancakes
Watch the video - 2:51
Protein Pancakes With Protein Whipped-Cream Topping
- Whisk together milk and eggs. Mix in baking soda and salt. Add protein and mix until incorporated. Add flour and fold into liquid until it takes on a batter consistency.
- Heat coconut oil in a frying pan until it melts and is hot.
- Scoop in batter to desired size. (Chef Stark prefers a 2-tablespoon pancake.) Flip once, and cook until dough is spongy or slightly firm to touch.
- To make the sauce, pour cream and protein powder into a blender. Stir lightly with a spoon, then add lid and blend until it has a whipped-cream consistency. Add a spoonful to a pair of pancakes, and add a few fresh berries for garnish.
* Ratings as of article's date of publication