Video Article: Dorian Yates - Blood And Guts, Chest & Biceps
It's time to saddle up and blast your chest and biceps. 6-time Mr. Olympia, Dorian Yates has 5 muscle-pounding exercises that you can use to build fully automatic guns and a shirt-shredding chest. Get ready to teach your chest and biceps what BUILDING MUSCLE really means.
Find Blood And Guts, Chest & Biceps on the Video Network where you can leave comments, rate the video and download your own copy!
Dorian Yates' Blood And Guts Episode 1: Chest/Biceps Workout
- 10 min Warm Up on Treadmill
Injury Prevention tip: Rotater Cuff Warm Up - 2 sets of 12 reps, rest elbow on surface to keep form tight
- Decline Bench Press: 2 warm up sets of 10-12 reps, 1 working set of 6-8 reps to failure, desired weight (1 min rest between sets, increase weight)
Dorian's Tips: The Decline Bench Press is the most effective pec exercise.
- Incline Dumbbell Press (45 degree incline): 1 warm up set of 10-12 reps, 1 working set of 6-8 reps to failure, desired weight (1 min rest between sets, increase weight)
Dorian's Tips: Lower weight slowly, explode up.
- Flat Bench Dumbbell Flyes: 1 warm up set of 10-12 reps, 1 working set of 6-8 reps to failure, desired weight (1 min rest between sets)
5 min rest
- Dumbbell Concentration Curl: 1 warm up set of 10-12 reps, 1 working set of 6-8 reps to failure, desired weight (1 min rest between sets
Dorian's Tips: Squeeze at top.
- Straight Bar Curl: 1 set of 6-8 reps to failure, desired weight
Dorian's Tips: Write down your progress.
- Follow This Discussion by:
This hurts just by looking at the video, but I will incorporate it into my workout tomorrow. I am training myself and helping another plate buddy in the gym from my chem class. I'll let you know what happens if I am able to write again after these nuclear chest and arms workout.
Hi, i'm beginner, my big aim is getting muscle volume to become bigger and bigger, is this workout good for me , or i should look for something else
because i found this when i was looking for teen workout
yes its a great beginner workout, ive gained 30 pounds so far and my bodyfat is still below 6 percent. its a mass and size workout so you cant be eating like a little girl while you do it, eat big to get big diet is most important , 6 meals a day with a high quality protein serving in each meal. but when you add this workout to a good diet plan its an unbeatable combination. i went from 120 to 150 and i plan to go to 180
I would have to disagree. This programs requires really heavy weights. If you don't have your joints and form on point, you WILL injure yourself. The only way to improve those is through repetition. I would recommend Shortcut to Size to get started. The workouts are broken down Barney style.
The question is a year old, but I strongly agree with tranimalmode - Shortcut to Size is a better program especially for a beginner. It covers all the bases for nutrition and supplements, and increases the weights slowly over several weeks, so you learn your own limits. I did this workout, then Shortcut & then Gethin's DTP. Conclusion: Shortcut was best overall by far, esp for beginner. Must disagree on the Barney comment though, unless Barney is a T-rex that will completely shred all the meat in your body.
I was wondering the same thing, I am guessing that it is 6 to 8 reps minimum or going until muscle failure.