"Cupcake" doesn't have to be a dirty word. Indulge in the clean version of an all-time-favorite dessert by whipping up this protein-fueled recipe. Complete with a cake-based bottom, creamy-icing top, and sprinkles of cinnamon for that extra touch, it'll leave you stunned—and it actually fits your macros.
Large eggs: 2
Vanilla protein powder: 2 scoops
Rolled oats (or coconut flour): 1-1/2 cups
Unsweetened almond milk (or milk substitute): 1/2 cup
Sweetener: 1-1/2 tbsp.
Fat-free vanilla Greek yogurt: 5 oz.
Vanilla extract: 2 tsp
Ground cinnamon: 2-1/2 tsp
Baking powder: 2 tsp
- Blend rolled oats into oat flour.
- Combine all ingredients into a bowl and mix.
- Place silicone cups on a baking sheet and coat them with nonstick cooking spray.
- Evenly distribute mix into the cups, filling them only about 3/4 of the way.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-15 minutes.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool, then top with fat-free vanilla Greek yogurt.
Serving size: 1 cupcake
Recipe yields: 5 servings