Machine Rear Delt Rows
1. In correct posture, sit on a rowing machine. During the exercise, a natural arch in your spine should be maintained.
2. Keep your abdominal muscles tight, shoulders back and chest up.
3. Under control, pull the weight back while focusing on bringing your shoulder blades together. While pulling the weight back, brings your elbows up and in line with your shoulders
4. Stop were you feel comfortable and reverse the motion back.
5. Under control, lower the weight, stop just before your elbow joints are straight and reverse the motion back.
Muscles Benefited: Deltoids and Upper Back (latisimus dorsi, rhomboids).
Dumbbell Shoulder Shrugs
1. In correct posture, stand with your legs and grip spaced shoulder width apart.
2. Keep your abdominal muscles tight, knees bent and chest up.
3. Under control, lift your shoulders up to the back of your head.
4. Stop just before your shoulder joints are all the way up and reverse the motion down.
5. Under control, lower the weight, stop right before your shoulder joints are all the way down and reverse the motion back up.
Muscles Benefitted: Trapezuis.
Exercising in proper postural alignment will increase your workout's effectiveness and substantially decrease your likelihood of injury. Therefore, correct posture should be maintained at all times during your exercise program. Follow the simple guidelines below to improve your posture.
1. Make sure your head is parallel to the ground and centered over your shoulders.
2. Bring your chest up.
3. As you bring your chest up, your shoulders must relax and not go up. Therefore, relax your shoulders down and back.
4. Tighten your abs by pulling your belly button to your spine.
5. Align your knees with your second and third toes.
6. Make sure your knees are not locked. There must always be a slight bend in them.
7. Stand with your feet spaced comfortably apart (usually hip width).
8. Stand with your body weight placed at the mid points of your feet.