| Article Summary:
Carmen Garcia's Health And Fitness Tips
Healthy living via nutrition, exercise and sports activities is a lifestyle commitment that keeps me fit all year round. An active lifestyle prevents drastic fluctuation in weight. Motivation, discipline and commitment is prime key to stay on track with your fitness goals. It is important to be in tune with your own body. I'd like to share a few tips and facts on how to stay on track with weight management for a healthy, disease-free and lean physique.
- You can kill brain cells if you do not consume enough water. The average person should consume close to 1 gallon of water per day. This is 8 glasses of water total. The athletic active type person may consume more. Drinking plenty of water will also aid in the detoxification process of your body's toxic wastes by eliminating them.
- Did you know that your brain is 90% water and your heart is 85% water? This is why it's so important to guzzle up some H20.
- Try sipping water with electrolytes such as light coconut water that contains potassium during your cardiovascular workouts to avoid dehydration and produce more energy.
- Stretch for at least 5-8 minutes before, during AND after each work out to avoid cramping, torn muscles or injury. Allow at least 4 days for your muscles to repair themselves before you train again. I only work out one muscle group once a week if I go heavy.
- Train every muscle group at least once a week. Make sure you train each muscle with at least 4 different motions with a variety of different exercises. Your form is extremely important when you train your muscles in order to attain maximum results.
- Diet is nearly 90% of how your body responds to any work out program for faster results. Eat leaner, smaller meals more frequently throughout the day. Increase your fiber intake and protein grams in order to achieve a stronger leaner body. Eat carbs in the morning and throughout the day for more energy. For dinner, stick with lean proteins and green leafy vegetables.
- You need 132 degrees of heat for food to be fully cooked. However, after 118 degrees, heat kills all the foods digestive enzymes. Only 20% is what your body digests if you are healthy. Find a good brand of digestive enzymes to ingest with your food for maximum digestive results.
- The more protein you include in your diet, the more water you need to consume.
- When you deprive yourself of carbohydrates, it can be very dangerous for your health. People are doing it with the Atkins Diet and it's really more important to have a low carb, low fat, high protein meal. During carb deprivation, you are not losing fat, you're losing water and muscle. So, if you think you're 'shrinking'... you are, but you're not losing fat permanently. You will gain weight faster, next time you begin to eat "normal" again. The effects are only temporary.
- Beware of thermogenics and other 'quick fixes' to burn fat: Ephedrine opens capillaries, speeds heart rate. This drug is created for asthmatics and is ironically taken to "lose weight". Ephedrine also causes little vessels in the brain to "burst" causing dark circles around the eyes. The "bursted" blood from the vessels around your eyes is the "dark circles".
- Aspirin thins blood, kills red blood cells, which carry oxygen plasma into the blood. It is very common for bodybuilders to drink a cup of coffee (caffeine) in the morning and take a couple of aspirins in order to attain the same effects as a "thermogenic". It's the "cheaper way", but in the long run, it will cost their health. What's more important to you? Money or health?
- Protein is composed of carbon, hydrogen, oxygen and nitrogen. It is because of nitrogen that protein can repair and build the body tissue.
- How much protein should you take? Break down how much you weigh into kilos. For example, 220 lbs = 100 kilos = 100 grams of protein per day.
- Every living source is coated with protein physiology.
(Quote of the Day)
- Don't go with "trendy" brands of supplementation just because you see a "ripped" man or woman on an ad. Most companies today in the health and fitness industry don't even last a year on the shelf. Believe in your product and take the necessary steps to research before you invest your money in a product that has absolutely no benefits.
- If you find yourself being "clueless" at the gym with equipment machines, hire a certified personal trainer during several visits to the facility until you familiarize yourself with all exercise equipment. Then find a workout buddy to train with and help motivate each other. You may also post an ad in your local newspaper or an internet fitness forum so you and your workout buddy can motivate each other in a successful exercise routine.
- Set a weekly diet and exercise schedule and stick with it. Hire professional help or seek a professional before starting any health and fitness program. Never assume that you know what you are doing if you are not sure.
- Make sure you wear proper shoes to the gym, especially when doing squats. You will need flat shoes in order to be balanced and avoid any kind of injury.
- Eat nutritious and balanced meals. Check out Carmen's recipes at: http://www.carmengarcia.onsugar.com
The information contained in this article is strictly for informational purposes. You should consult a physician before beginning any new nutrition, exercise, or dietary supplement program. The information contained in this article is not meant to provide medical advice. Specific medical advice should be obtained from a licensed health-care practitioner. Carmen Garcia and/or her likeness will not assume any liability, nor be held responsible for any injury, illness or personal loss due to the utilization of any information contained herein.