| Article Summary:
Debt seems to be a common theme these days. The economy has its ups and downs and unfortunately now it's in one of those downturns. So what can you do if you have debt and how can you get out?
What Leads To Debt?
There are a number of factors that lead to debt including poor money management, job loss, divorce, overspending, medical expenses, bad loans and basically just getting in over your head. So how can you get out? Some common recommendations for getting out of debt include:
- Call your credit card companies and ask them to lower the interest rate.
- Lower your credit limits. If you feel that you just can't get by without credit cards, at least lower your monthly limits.
- Cut up your credit cards. Keep them open but cut them up if you find yourself using credit cards like a revolving door. Keep one for emergencies if necessary (you can keep that at home though).
- Pay off the credit card with the highest interest rate first then tackle any others. The more interest you are paying the more money is coming out of your pocket solely for the purpose of paying off what you borrowed.
Bodybuilding Can Help
Bodybuilding can help you get out of debt by:
- Helping You Develop A Positive Attitude
Bodybuilding builds a can-do attitude. Every day you challenge yourself and use a bit of
sports psychology to overcome muscle fatigue and reach a new level of fitness.
Use this psychology in all areas of your life and believe that there is nothing you can't achieve. By doing this you will get out of debt much more rapidly if you simply believe that you can and stick with it the way you stick with a killer set of dreaded squats. Sheer determination can get you pretty far in life!
| Started By:
- Making You A Research Sleuth
If you are a bodybuilder you are always in search of more information. Information on
diet, fitness and physiology. Information that will help you build the body of your dreams. This desire for more information will also carry over to other areas of your life.
As you become a research sleuth, you'll soon uncover interesting tidbits about money management and how to handle debt. By tackling information on money the way you tackle bodybuilding, you'll be free from owing people in no time.
- Giving You More Energy
Bodybuilding gives you more
energy. Energy that you can use to tackle your daily tasks with gusto and even take on a second job if necessary.
- Giving You A Good Sense Of Responsibility
Accepting responsibility for your actions is one of the first steps to making yourself a better person. And, bodybuilding helps you build responsibility by providing structure and discipline in at least one area of your life. Doing this and sticking with it will crossover into other facets of life enhancing your sense of personal responsibility.
Additional Tips To Help You Get Out Of Debt:
- Keep a spreadsheet of everything you earn and everything you spend. If you've ever kept a diet dairy, this task should be simple for you. And, if you don't know how much of your money is going out the door, you'll never be able to balance it.
- Enlist the help of free agency if necessary. There are many counseling agencies out there that will help provide advice on getting out of debt.
|FREE CREDIT COUNSELING SERVICES|
- Enlist the support of close friends or family members. This doesn't mean financial support, it means emotional support. If you tell them what your goal is, they will be less likely to try to coax you into high-priced dinners and nights out on the town in favor of less expensive or free activities.
Bodybuilding builds your entire life. There are so many aspects of your personality that you build when you go into the gym each day. And, gym memberships are pretty cost-effective.
For what you would spend in one night on the town you can get a month's worth of gym time that will help you build your body, your mind and shape your priorities in life. Now that is priceless.
Related Money Saving Articles:
About The Author:
Marie Spano is a leading authority on translating the latest nutrition and exercise science research into real life applications. Ms. Spano has also helped Olympic athletes, NFL-bound athletes and Fortune 500 executives enhance their health and performance through sound nutrition practices. She is a regular contributor to bodybuilding.com. For more information see: