| Article Summary:
When you think of your life, are you happy most days of the week? Or do you feel like your life is one "to do" item after the next? Read on, bodybuilding will bring more enjoyment to your life.
What Makes A Difference In Life?
Some people define their life by their career, the amount in their bank account or their possessions, but, those things alone won't make you truly happy in life. Instead, how you feel about your life is largely due to your mindset.
How Bodybuilding Can Help You Enjoy Life:
- Bodybuilder's Are Selfish With Their Time: One common denominator among people who are overweight and frustrated is that they do things for everyone else in their life but never take time for themselves!
But, as a bodybuilder, you are a little selfish with your time. You realize that you need time to workout to recharge your batteries and function on a high level in all areas of your daily life.
- Bodybuilders Acknowledge Their Accomplishments: There's a big difference between bragging and accepting compliments. As a bodybuilder, you are open to compliments and you are proud of your hard work, dedication and the positive changes you've made in your health and overall life.
- Bodybuilders Explore Life: Bodybuilders are always in search of ways to improve their health, their workouts and their life in general. By exploring new activities, bodybuilders meet new people and challenge their bodies through rock climbing, hiking, rappelling, trail running and adventure races. Constant exploration brings excitement to your days and something to look forward to.
- Bodybuilders Have Energy: Working out and eating right will give you more energy. And, when you look good you feel good and you are more likely to take part in new activities.
- Bodybuilding Get Right Back Up After A Setback: Life will throw you curve balls sometimes but, as a bodybuilder, you keep your eye on the ball and hit it out of the park. You don't let illness, weight gain, traffic, a stressful day or anything else get in your way. Instead, you stay on track no matter what comes your way.
- Bodybuilding Is A Diversion: Sometimes we need a distraction. If your mind is racing with thoughts about your ex, your boss, or the economy, bodybuilding will help you focus on something else, regroup and make it through your day with fewer worries.
Additional Tips To Help You Enjoy Life:
- Take the time to have a social life
- Get outside and appreciate nature
- Watch a good movie
- See a therapist if something bothers you (or EAP - your job's employee assistance program)
- Journal about the positive things in your life and focus on these
- Journal about the things you want to change and take action
- Volunteer and help those less fortunate
- Surround yourself with people you enjoy
- Minimize your time spent around the naysayers
- Get hobbies - bodybuilding is one, now add others that you enjoy
- Do what you love
Happiness can be created. Once you believe that you'll realize that you are in control of your own destiny. And controlling your path in life is both powerful and uplifting. As the poem goes, "When things go wrong, as they sometimes will... rest if you must, but don't you quit."Recommended Articles
About The Author:
Marie Spano is a leading authority on translating the latest nutrition and exercise science research into real life applications. Ms. Spano has also helped Olympic athletes, NFL-bound athletes and Fortune 500 executives enhance their health and performance through sound nutrition practices. She is a regular contributor to Bodybuilding.com. For more information see: www.mariespano.com.