| Article Summary:
Feeling a little blah? Significant other dumped you or maybe you found out they were seeing someone (or a few others) on the sly and you had to break it off? No worries, bodybuilding will help you get through this.
What Leads To A Relationship's Demise?
Despite what your former significant other told you, there could be one or more other reasons why you two aren't dating anymore.
And in most cases you will never find out the true answer and even if you do, does it matter? When someone leaves your life there is a reason and hanging on won't help you do anything but waste time. And, as a bodybuilder, I know you value yourself and your time.
How Bodybuilding Can Help You Get Over A Relationship
- Bodybuilders Are Confident: Bodybuilding builds confidence, and this carries over to other areas in your life. If you feel good about yourself you aren't worried about who broke up with you or why. Instead, you are left wondering what is wrong with them for leaving you. And damaged goods just don't fit into your life.
Click Image To Enlarge.
Bodybuilding Builds Confidence, And
This Carries Over To Other Areas In Your Life.
- Bodybuilding Makes You More Social: When you look good, you feel good and when you feel good you are more likely to engage in social conversation. Soon you'll be wondering what you needed that former significant other for. The more social you are, the more you'll realize that other opportunities await!
- Bodybuilding Keeps Your Mind Active: When you crave sweets pre-competition or while cutting down, what do you do? You keep your mind active and on something else. Use that same technique for getting over someone. Get rid of the reminders, their stuff, their phone number, etc. When those reminders are gone you'll soon forget them too.
- Bodybuilders Have Goals: When you have a goal, a vision, of where you want to be, you don't waste time on things you cannot change. And, you let go of the past. This means letting go of past relationships and moving forward to your next venture.
Click Image To Enlarge.
When You Have A Goal, A Vision, Of Where You Want
To Be, You Don't Waste Time On Things You Cannot Change.
Additional Tips To Help You Get Over A Relationship:
- Consider It The Gift Of Goodbye: According to one well known speaker, sometimes you just have to get rid of the bad apples in your life to make room for a whole new ripe crop.
- Laugh: Check out www.fmylife.com. If nothing else, you'll most certainly get a little comic relief.
| Bodybuilding.com Presents:
The Brawn's Gym Web Comic!
Join personal trainer Billy Brawn in this exclusive webcomic as he takes on the bodybuilding community, one customer at a time.
[ Check Out The Brawn's Gym Web Comic! ]
- Seek Employee Assistance Or Counseling: Many companies have EAP programs where you can talk to someone about anything from trying to get over smoking to the demise of a relationship. If not, talk to a counselor. They can help you get through just about anything.
If you have a case of the blahs because your relationship is over, don't beat yourself up over this. Instead, put your gym shoes on, a moisture-wicking shirt and get out there and exercise. You'll feel so much better and at some point you'll wonder why you ever spent time worrying about that person in your distant past.
Related Self Improvement Articles:
About The Author:
Marie Spano is a leading authority on translating the latest nutrition and exercise science research into real life applications. Ms. Spano has also helped Olympic athletes, NFL-bound athletes and Fortune 500 executives enhance their health and performance through sound nutrition practices. She is a regular contributor to Bodybuilding.com. For more information see: