Name: Roland Kickinger
Location: Venice Beach, CA
Born: March 30, 1969
Off-Season Weight: 320 lbs.
Competition Weight: 300 lbs.
Competitive Record ///
- 1999 Ironman Pro Invitational -- 19th
- 1999 Arnold Schwarzenegger Classic -- 15th
- 1998 IronMan Invitational -- 14th
- 1997 IronMan Invitational -- 13th
- 1997 San Jose Pro Invitational -- 15th
- 1997 Ironman Pro Invitational -- 11th
- 1996 Arnold Schwarzenegger Classic -- 12th
- 1996 Ironman Pro Invitational -- 7th
Fun Facts ///
- First Bodybuilding Contest: The NABBA Newcomer Contest in Austria, where I placed first.
- Major win: My most significant win was the 1994 Nationals in Austria -- this was the contest that allowed me to turn pro.
- Role Model in Bodybuilding: Zabo [Koszewski], who trains at the World Gym in Venice Beach , California.
- Bodybuilders Whose Physiques You Most Admire: Aaron Baker
- Highlight of My Career: My Weider contract has made me appreciate my efforts in the gym even more. Other highlights include receiving my pro card from Wayne DeMilia; meeting Joe Weider for the first time; and although it's not necessarily a bodybuilding-related achievement, getting my green card from my attorney.
- Biggest Disappointment of My Career: Getting food poisoning in China right before the 1994 World Amateur Championships. I lost 25 pounds in one week -- and I also lost the show!
- Best Bodypart: My chest and arms
- Worst Bodypart: My left index finger -- it has a wicked scar!
- Favourite Exercise: Anything that makes me a better athlete.
- Traits You Admire Most In Yourself: I am an excellent cook. I'm a down-to-earth person. I'm a hard worker. I'm honest. And I'm always trying to better myself.
- Favourite Writer: John Steinbeck
- Favorite Musician: Ludwig van Beethoven
- Favorite Athlete: Dan Turk (Oakland Raiders)
- Favorite Food: Kaiserschmarren (a sweet Austrian omelet) served with plums and vanilla ice cream
- Favorite Binge-Out Treat: Charlie Temmel's ice cream at the Third Street Promenade in Santa Monica
- Favorite Automobile: A white Ford Bronco
- Idea of a Perfect Vacation: Relaxing on a beach in Hawaii
- Possessions You Prize Above All Others: My Bronco, my computer, my fax machine, my microwave, my refrigerator and my oven
- Person You Most Admire: Robert Nesci, one of my best friends
- What you would want to be if you weren't a pro bodybuilder: An actor and a part-time waite
- People who have been major influences on you bodybuilding career: Joe Weider, the one and only Master Blaster. Josef Weinstein, powerlifting champion. And my mother because she cooked my precontest food
- What you like most about bodybuilding: The travel and the publicity
- What you dislike most about pro bodybuilding: I must eat six times a day, prepare all my meals and carry them with me wherever I go -- it can be a very confining existence
- Long-term bodybuilding ambition: To reach my potential
Pictures ///Roland Kickinger, pic.1
Roland Kickinger, pic.2
Roland Kickinger, pic.3
Roland Kickinger, pic.4
Roland Kickinger, pic.5
Roland Kickinger, pic.6
Roland Kickinger, pic.7
Roland Kickinger, pic.8
Roland Kickinger, pic.9
Roland Kickinger, pic.10