Name: Gunter Schlierkamp
Location: Venice, Calif.
Born: February 2, 1970
Off-Season Weight: 290-300 lbs.
Competition Weight: 280-285 lbs.
Competitive Record ///
- 2002 Mr. Olympia - 5th
- 2001 British Grand Prix - 10th
- 2001 Mr. Olympia - 15th
- 2001 Night of Champions XXIII - 9th
- 2001 Toronto Pro - 6th
- 2000 MR OLYMPIA - 12th
- 2000 Grand Prix England - 4th
- 2000 JOE WEIDER'S WORLD PRO CUP - 6th
- 2000 Arnold Classic - IFBB -- 6th
- 2000 Ironman Pro Invitational - IFBB -- 4th
- 1999 Ironman Pro Invitational - IFBB, 5th
- 1999 Arnold Classic - IFBB, 9th
- 1998 Toronto Pro Invitational - IFBB, 6th
- 1998 San Francisco Pro Invitational - IFBB, 9th
- 1998 Olympia - IFBB,
- 1998 Night of Champions - IFBB, 10th
- 1998 Grand Prix Germany - IFBB, 6th
- 1998 Grand Prix Finland - IFBB, 6th
- 1997 San Jose Pro Invitational - IFBB, 11th
- 1997 Night of Champions - IFBB, 9th
- 1997 Ironman Pro Invitational - IFBB, Disqualified
- 1997 Canada Pro Cup - IFBB, 6th
- 1996 San Jose Pro Invitational - IFBB, 9th
- 1996 Night of Champions - IFBB, 11th
- 1996 Arnold Classic - IFBB, 11th
- 1995 Grand Prix Ukraine - IFBB, 10th
- 1995 Canada Pro Cup - IFBB, 2nd
- 1994 Olympia - IFBB, 19th
- 1994 Grand Prix Germany - IFBB, 8th
- 1994 Grand Prix England - IFBB, 8th
- 1993 World Amateur Championships - IFBB, HeavyWeight, 1st
- 1992 German Championships, HeavyWeight, 1st
- 1992 European Amateur Championships - IFBB, HeavyWeight, 1st
- 1990 German Championships, Junior Tall, 1st
- 1990 German Championships, Overall Winner
Gunter Schlierkamp ///
- First Bodybuilding Contest: The 1988 Newcomer Competition in Essen, Germany - He won the junior heavyweight and overall crowns at that show.
- Major Wins: He won six consecutive grand prix amateur shows in Europe before turning pro by winning the heavyweight division at the 1993 Amateur World Championships in Seoul, South Korea.
- Bodybuilders Whose Physiques You Most Admire: Flex Wheeler
- Bodybuilders Whose Personality You Most Admire: Mike Matarazzo.
- Highlight of Career: His contract with Joe Weider.
- Biggest Disappointment of Career: The 96 Arnold. The 97 Ironman.
- Best Bodypart: Biceps, Tricips, Chest and Legs.
- Worst: Calves.
- Favourite Exercise: Lat pulldowns with a straight bar to the front.
- Least-favourite Exercise: Squats.
- Traits you Admire in Others: Honesty.
- Trait you Admire in Yourself: I'm straight-forward. I don't pretend to be a certain way. I've been accused of being too nice, but that's just how I am.
- Favourite TV Programmes: Martin.
- Favourite Movies: The Devils Advocate, Terminator, Good Will Hunting, and Titanic.
- Favourite Actor: Sir Anthony Hopkins.
- Favourite Food: Cheesecake.
- Favourite Musician: Richard Marx, Bryan Adams, Celine Dion.
- Favourite Food: Junk Food!
- Favourite Car: AC Cobra 427. Anything made by BMW.
- Idea of a Perfect Vacation: Going to Hawaii with Carmen, his wife, to relax.
- Possession You Prize Above All Others: My wife.
- What You Would Be If Not A Bodybuilder: When I was younger I wanted to be a farmer, but now, an actor.
- Long-Term Bodybuilding Ambition: To win the Olympia.
- Long-Term Personal Ambition: To be a good husband and eventually, a kind and loving father.
Pictures ///Gunter Schlierkamp, pic.1
Gunter Schlierkamp, pic.2
Gunter Schlierkamp, pic.3
Gunter Schlierkamp, pic.4
Gunter Schlierkamp, pic.5
Gunter Schlierkamp, pic.6
Gunter Schlierkamp, pic.7
Gunter Schlierkamp, pic.8
Gunter Schlierkamp, pic.9
Gunter Schlierkamp, pic.10