These recipes are not overly involved, are guilt-free and will keep you eating well. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
Wrap each fish in its own foil with cooking spray. Cook on grill set high for 12-14 minutes. No turning needed.
- Lemon juice or lime juice with grated peel
- Thinly sliced lemon or lime
- Red or white wine
- Mushrooms, garlic, onion, basil, parsley
- Can use BBQ sauce or horseradish/mayonnaise spread
Yield: Enough for at least 3 people.
- 1 lb. Smoked whitefish
- 1 Stalk celery, strings removed
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 Heaping tablespoon fat-free mayonnaise
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon snipped fresh dill
- 1 Tablespoon chopped parsley
- Garnish: springs of fresh dill and/or parsley
Remove the bones from the whitefish and place the meat in a mixing bowl. Dice the celery and combine with the whitefish, along with the sour cream, mayonnaise, and pepper. Add dill and parsley. Garnish with additional dill and parsley.
Garlic Grilled Halibut
- 2 Large halibut steaks, 1-inch thick
- 3/4 tsp. Salt
- 2 Cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tsp. Pepper
- 1 Tsp. Dried basil
- 1 Tsp. Chopped parsley
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon juice
- 6 Tbsp. White wine
Combine garlic, oil, basil, salt, pepper, lemon juice and parsley. Add fish and marinade for at least 2 hours. Wrap in foil. Broil or grill for about 5 minutes on each side. Brush with remaining marinade (if broiled) and heat another minute.
Three Minute Scallops
- 1/4 C dry white wine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. Dried parsley
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 lb. Fresh bay scallops, rinsed and patted dry.
Heat wine in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and saute 1 minute. Add parsley and lemon juice. Cover and cook 1 minute. Add scallops and cook 1 minute or until scallops turn from translucent to opaque.
Makes 2-3 servings.
Cordova Clam Spread
- 1 10oz. Can minced clams, drained
- 3-4 Tbsp. Fat-free sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. Sweet pickle relish
- Salt and Pepper
Blend clams and sour cream well to make a smooth paste. Add salt, pepper and Tabasco to taste. Pickle relish gives special zest to this spread, but you can substitute minced onion or finely chopped chives. Serve with crackers or raw vegetables.
My husband & chef.
Place in blender and serve on your favorite crackers.
- 1/2 C plain fat-free yogurt, fat-free mayonnaise, or fat-free sour cream
- 4 teaspoons drained prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
Use as a condiment with almost all seafood and meats.
Oatmeal / Protein Pancakes
- 1/2 C Lana's Egg-Whites, or 6 egg whites
- 1/2 C Rolled Oats
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Nutmeg
- Shake of Molly McButter
- 6 pkgs. Splenda
Spray a small 6" skillet with cooking spray and preheat on low heat. Combine all ingredients and mix with a spatula until all the oatmeal is blended. Pour into the skillet and cover. Cook for 12 minutes on LOW heat.
Great with sugar-free jam!
My Favorite Carbohydrate Portion
- 1/4 Milled Pinhead Oats
- 2 tsp. Flax Oil
- 1 pkg. Splenda
Combine and enjoy!
Deep Dish No-Crust Pumpkin Pie
- 3 cans pumpkin
- 1/4 tsp. Nutmeg
- 2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Ginger
- 1/8 tsp. Salt
- 14 egg whites
- 1 1/4C Splenda
- 16 oz. Skim milk
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl with an electric mixer. Pour into two 9-inch non-stick pie pans. Bake for 45-55 minutes.
Click here for a printable version of this page.
Also check out Protein Shake Recipes.