When a lack of the customary training time in the gym becomes evident, it should never become an excuse for procrastinating or missing workouts completely. From my own experience and those of others who I talk to, usually the muscle group to experience the most neglect is the abdominal. Don't become one of the statistics.
Here is a quick "slam training" routine that will give you a great workout for the abdominal even when you are short on time.
|# Of Exercises||Exercise Name||Sets & Reps||Scheme|
|1||Reverse Trunk Curl||3 x 15||Hold 5, then 10|
|2||Floor Crunches||1 x 25
1 x 20
1 x 15
|Hold 5 seconds
Hold 5 seconds
Hold 5 seconds
|3||Alternate Elbow to Knee
Twisting partial Crunch
|2 x 40||Each Side|
Reverse Trunk Curl
- Lay back on a flat exercise bench
- Reach overhead and grip the end of the bench
- Cross your legs and bring your thighs so they are perpendicular to your body.
- Without swinging your body, use your abs to lift your trunk (butt) off the bench approximately 8 inches. This is considered the "up" or "contracted" position. Breathe out at "up" position.
- Slowly lower your trunk (butt) to within 1 inch of the bench surface. This is one rep.
- Breathe in and begin again doing 4 more reps. Upon completion of the 5th rep ("up" position) hold for a 5 second count. Do 10 more reps and hold in the ("up" position) for a 10 second count. This completes one set. Do two more sets in the manner described.
- Standard crunch
- After performing 25 reps, hold the ("up" position) for a 5 second count.
- Do 20 more reps- hold for a 5 second count.
- Do 15 more reps - hold for a 5 second count.
Alternated Elbow to Knee - Twisting partial Crunch
- This is simple a Floor Crunch with an alternating elbow to knee sequence thrown into the mix.
Follow the Slam Training for the Abdominal every other day!
As always, if you have any questions or comments feel free to E-Mail me.