I love peanut butter. But besides smearing it on bread and eating it out of the jar, I'm not sure what to do with it. Do you have some fun recipes?
Peanut butter is a great source of healthful fats, but make sure you go with all natural or organic. It's also better if you can find peanut butter that doesn't have added salt.
I never go without it in my house.
Adding peanut butter to shakes, muffin recipes and even meat dishes (yep, it does work with chicken) can add some extra protein and healthy fats to your diet. If you're looking to build, adding peanut butter can add some much-needed calories.
Here are some of staple peanut butter recipes!
Dave's Anabolic Blueberry Oatmeal
Makes 1 Serving
- In a big bowl, mix all ingredients (except for frozen blueberries).
Cook in a microwave for about 3-4 minutes (cooking time vary from one microwave to another).
- Stir after 2 minutes of cooking so the mix doesn't stick or get chunky.
Once the mix is cooked, add the frozen blueberries and enjoy!
Serving Size (1 bowl)
Dave's Anabolic Blueberry Oatmeal PDF (120 KB)
Peanut Butter Protein Bars
Makes 10 bars
- Mix together the protein powder, oatmeal, peanut butter, honey and cocoa powder.
- If necessary, add a small amount of liquid for consistency?almond milk, milk, or water.
- Form into 10 bars and then roll in the crushed almonds to finish.
- Place in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
Serving Size (1 bar)
Peanut Butter Protein Bars PDF (70.8 KB)
Recipes from Anabolic Cooking