Terms and conditions
Personal Trainer Specific Details
- Commission structure - 20% on new customers, 10% on return customers
- Personal trainer affiliates must hold current personal training certification and provide proof of this.
Paid Search Marketing
- Bidding on trademark keywords (i.e. Bodybuilding.com, Bodybuilders.com, TeenBodybuilding.com or BodySpace) or any variations, adaptations or misspellings is prohibited. This includes any trademarked keyword in combination with any other words or symbols.
- Bidding on "Bodybuilding Coupon(s)" or any match type is prohibited.
- Direct linking and forced redirects to Bodybuilding.com are prohibited when performing search engine marketing.
- Affiliates must direct traffic to their own landing page from within paid search.
Linking to Bodybuilding.com
- Affiliates that use link shorteners, must have their link shortening method approved by Bodybuilding.com before use. The following link shortening services are approved:
- Beyond link shortening, any type of link cloaking is prohibited.
- Affiliates that fail to provide accurate referring domains upon request from Bodybuilding.com will be subject to commission reversal and removal from the Bodybuilding.com affiliate network.
- Posting of non-affiliate order level coupons by affiliates is prohibited without prior written consent from Bodybuilding.com.
- Coupons and deals found on Impact Radius or those being promoted directly on a Bodybuilding.com product page or brand guide are allowed.
- User generated content that contains unauthorized coupon codes is not allowed to appear on any page where an affiliate link to Bodybuilding.com is present.
- Affiliates found promoting any unauthorized coupon codes will be subject to a reversal of ALL commissions for the given period.
- Affiliate commission terms are under continuous review and are subject to change at the discretion of Bodybuilding.com.
- Bodybuilding.com reserves the right to remove an affiliate from the Bodybuilding.com affiliate network at any time, for any reason.
- Affiliates are prohibited from using Bodybuilding.com's property, including, but not limited to, BodySpace, Bodybuilding.com's Forum, Bodybuilding.com's Facebook Wall, Bodybuilding.com Supplement Reviews and Bodybuilding.com's Article Comments feature, to direct traffic to websites, Facebook page names, Facebook advertising campaigns and Twitter accounts which the affiliate owns or where the affiliate has placed affiliate links back to bodybuilding.com.
- Due to system constraints, affiliates shall not drive traffic to BodyBlogs.
- Affiliates that generate their own creative materials in an effort to promote Bodybuilding.com must get all such materials approved by Bodybuilding.com prior to publishing.
- Using an affiliate account for the purpose of placing orders for your personal use is prohibited.
- Due to possible foreign shipping delays and customs regulations, any order made outside of the United States will automatically be extended to ensure proper payment, fulfillment and delivery of the order.
We are unable to work with any Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Georgia, Illinois, New York, North Carolina, Rhode Island or Vermont based affiliates due to the nexus tax laws currently under enforcement in those states. If we become aware of any sales made by affiliates from these states, those affiliations will be invalidated.
SPAM and Electronic Messages
Publisher shall not send commercial electronic mail messages as defined in the new Federal spam law, the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 [the "Act"], with respect to Bodybuilding.com's Affiliate Program. For clarification, this does not prohibit Publisher from sending transactional or relationship messages as defined in the Act. In addition, except as expressly authorized by Bodybuilding.com, any and all electronic messages initiated or sent by Publisher or on Publisher's behalf must identify Publisher as the sender and may not suggest or imply, or mislead or be likely to mislead a recipient into believing that a Bodybuilding.com site is the sender or sponsor of, or has induced Publisher to send, such electronic messages. Publisher shall not use a return address, subject heading, header information or message contents that misleads or confuses or is likely to mislead or confuse a recipient that the Publisher is the sender.
These Terms and Conditions are subject to change at the sole discretion of Bodybuilding.com at any time and without notice. Affiliate is responsible to comply with current Terms and Conditions and is encouraged to check said Terms and Conditions periodically.
Bodybuilding.com Revised February 2013