2013 BODYSPACE Spokesmodel Search
PRESENTED BY IRON MAN MAGAZINE
Iron Man Magazine presents The 2013 Bodybuilding.com BodySpace Spokesmodel Search! One lucky man and woman will be featured on the cover of Iron Man Magazine and become the official representatives of the world's largest social fitness community, BodySpace!
Register to be the one of two 2013 BodySpace Spokesmodels! Then come back and vote during the month of November for your next BodySpace Spokesmodels, and check out the winners and competition coverage thereafter! Additional sections will be added to this feature as the contest progresses.
ABOUT The Competition
WHAT COULD I WIN?
Winners will grace the cover of Iron Man Magazine and appear in a feature spread; receive national exposure through Bodybuilding.com, with site placement and ad campaigns; represent the BodySpace community at the 2013 Arnold Expo in Columbus, Ohio and the 2013 Olympia Expo in Las Vegas, Nevada; plus much more!
WHO CAN ENTER?
All BodySpace members are eligible to win as long as they are 18 years of age or older and are residents of the United States (see additional requirements below). Not a BodySpace Member yet? No worries, sign up now for free at bodyspace.bodybuilding.com.
All finalists must be available to fly to Los Angeles, CA to compete in the contest finals at the 2013 Los Angeles Fitness Expo, January 19-20, 2013 (winners will be required to stay extra time for the cover shoot) and potentially be available to work the Bodybuilding.com booth at the 2013 Arnold Classic in Columbus, OH from March 1-3, 2013, and the 2013 Olympia Weekend in Las Vegas, NV.
HOW DO I ENTER?
Fill out the registration form (below) in its entirety and upload the three recent photos required (body front view, body back view, and headshot). These do not need to be professional photos - see below for details. Registration is open October 1, 2012 and closes October 31, 2012. Voting ran during the month of November 2012, and is now finished.
HOW DO I VOTE?
Voting was done by visiting the "View Men" and "View Women" tabs on the voting page (available during the entire month of November 2012) and clicking the "Vote Now!" button on the contest profile(s) of the entrant(s) for whom you wish to vote.
Voting has ended, sorry!
LOOKING FOR ADDITIONAL SUPPORT?
Sorry, the registration period is now over. Voting has also concluded, sorry!
RULES: Terms & Conditions
IRON MAN MAGAZINE PRESENTS THE 2013 BODYBUILDING.COM BODYSPACE SPOKESMODEL SEARCH
RULES OF THE CONTEST
- Eligibility: "Bodybuilding.com's BodySpace Spokesmodel Search" (the "Contest") is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, Samoa, Guam, the US Virgin Islands and any other US territories and protectorates) and/or to members of the U.S. military who reside at APO/FPO addresses outside of the U.S. (must possess valid government issued identification), who are 18 years of age and older at the time of entry. All Entrants must be BodySpace members and enroll in the Contest by 11:59 pm PST on October 31, 2012. Registration to BodySpace is free. Employees, contractors, members, and agents of Bodybuilding.com, Liberty Media Corporation (and companies owned by Liberty Media), Iron Man Magazine and members of their immediate family (including spouses, parents, siblings, children and their respective spouses) and persons living in the same household with any such individual are ineligible. Except as otherwise permitted herein, only one entry, per person will be accepted. If an Entrant submits multiple entries in a month, the earliest will be accepted and the others will be discarded. In order to be eligible, Entrant must follow these Rules. Failure to comply with these Rules may result in ineligibility of Entrant. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- Sponsors: This Contest is sponsored by Bodybuilding.com, LLC located at 2026 S. Silverstone Way, Meridian, ID, 83642 and Iron Man Magazine located at 1701 Ives Ave., Oxnard, CA 93033 (collectively "Sponsor").
- To Enter: The Contest enrollment period begins at 12:01 am PST on October 1, 2012 and ends at 11:59 pm PST on October 31, 2012 (the "Enrollment Period"). To enroll and for the official online entry form, visit: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/2013-bodyspace-spokesmodel-search.html. Entrant must currently be or register to be a BodySpace member. Registration is free. Entrant must complete all information requested, including but not limited to their legal name, full address (including apartment number), city, state, zip code/postal code, daytime, home and/or cell telephone numbers, e-mail address, date of birth, and all other information as may be requested from time to time including submission of the required photos and possibly videotapes. Any communication regarding the contest will be sent to the email address on file. It is Entrant's responsibility to notify Sponsor at firstname.lastname@example.org of a change of email address. All materials submitted (including photographs and videotapes) become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Entrant must complete the entry form themselves. Only one entry per person will be accepted; all subsequent entries will be disregarded and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant in their sole discretion. False, deceptive or incomplete entries shall render the Entrant ineligible.
- How to Submit Photos: To enter, Entrant is required to submit three (3) photographs in JPEG (.jpg) format dressed in a bathing suit or similar clothing using the instructions provided and as follows: body front view, body back view, and headshot (though not required, 3/4 body or full body pictures are best) (the "Images"). All photos must have been taken within the last four (4) months. Any Images that include nudity will be rejected. All submitted photos must be in accordance with the BodySpace Photo Guidelines. Sponsor reserves the right to contact any Entrant who has entered the Contest to request resubmission of one or more of the Images and/or to request that the Entrant submit additional Images. If Entrant fails to contact Sponsor for more than forty-eight (48) hours after being contacted by Sponsor, Entrant may be declared ineligible. Any entries submitted by anyone other than the person appearing in the Images and entries submitted by modeling agencies will be rejected. No enhanced or altered Images will be accepted. Submission of Images and entry in the Contest constitutes Entrant's consent to use the Images on Sponsors' websites and associated or affiliated websites in perpetuity without compensation. Entrant represents and warrants that they have all rights to the Images and all materials submitted in connection with the Contest. Entrant assigns all right, title and interest to the Images and anything submitted in connection with the Contest to Sponsor. Sponsor will decide, in its discretion whether to accept Entrant's photographs, based upon its review of the documents. By submitting an Image, Entrant on his/her own behalf or on behalf of the copyright holder, waives any right to compensation. Sponsor is not obligated to publish a photo credit to the original copyright holder for the publication of an Image. Entrant agrees to hold Sponsor harmless, defend, and indemnify Sponsor from any and all liabilities, loss, claims, or causes of actions, including reasonable attorneys' fees and expenses that may be incurred by Sponsor, arising out of or relating to Entrant's breach of any representation or warranty related to the Images or any other violation of these Rules.
- Video: Semifinalists may be required to submit a video with responses to certain questions. Semifinalists may also be required to: (i) respond to additional questionnaires; (ii) submit to an interview via telephone or otherwise; and/or (iii) submit other additional materials or information, at the discretion of the Sponsor.
The return of the above referenced materials and other cooperation with the Sponsor within the allotted time shall be the sole responsibility of the Semifinalist; the Sponsor is not responsible for delays in delivery. Failure to respond to Sponsor's request within forty-eight (48) hours may result in ineligibility.
Entrant assigns all right, title and interest to any video submission to Sponsor. By submitting a video, Entrant on his/her own behalf or on behalf of the copyright holder (if different from Entrant), waives any right to compensation. Sponsor is not obligated to publish a credit to the original copyright holder for the publication of a video. Entrant agrees to hold Sponsor harmless, defend, and indemnify Sponsor from any and all liabilities, loss, claims, or causes of actions, including reasonable attorneys' fees and expenses that may be incurred by Sponsor, arising out of or relating to Entrant's breach of any representation or warranty related to the video or any other violation of these Rules.
- Judging Criteria:
Preliminary Voting: Beginning on or about November 1, 2012 and concluding on or about November 30, 2012 11:59 pm PST, visitors to the Bodybuilding.com website are invited to vote for the male Entrant and female Entrant who, in their opinion, display the most aesthetic physique and attractive face, making them worthy of appearing on the cover of Iron Man Magazine, as well as the most appealing combination of personality, poise, and presence to be Spokesmodel for BodySpace ("Judging Criteria"). Voters may vote for one (1) female and one (1) male Entrant once per day. Voting for an Entrant is accomplished by clicking on the "vote" button under the Entrant's image. Entrants receiving the most online votes in the voting month of November will move on to the semifinal round. Twenty (20) men and twenty (20) women will be chosen to compete as part of the semifinal judging. Semifinalists will be announced on Bodybuilding.com's website on or about December 5, 2012.
SemiFinals: In the semifinal round, twenty (20) men and twenty (20) women ("Semifinalists") will be scored based on the Judging Criteria by a panel of judges comprised of representatives from Iron Man Magazine and Bodybuilding.com. The panel of judges will choose (based on the Judging Criteria) the final five (5) men and final five (5) women (the "Finalists") to move on to the final round. Finalists will be announced on or about December 14, 2012.
Finals: During the final round, all ten (10) finalists will compete against each other in Los Angeles as part of the 2012 Los Angeles Fitness Expo (January 19th-20th), and all finalists will be rewarded with a photo shoot for Iron Man Magazine. Two (2) Grand Prize Winners (one female and one male) (the "Grand Prize Entrants") will be determined during the live, onstage contest at the 2012 Los Angeles Fitness Expo. A panel of judges comprised of representatives of the Sponsor and celebrities from the fitness industry ("Judges") will score the Finalists based on the Judging Criteria. One (1) male Finalist and one (1) female Finalist will be selected based on the Judging Criteria as Grand Prize Selected Entrants.
In the event that any Semifinalist, Finalist or Grand Prize Selected Entrant ("Selected Entrant") is determined to be ineligible or withdraws from the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right to select another Entrant, suspend, extend or cancel the Contest.
No transfer, substitution, or cash equivalent for any prizes will be permitted, except at the sole discretion of the Promoter due to unavailability of prizes for any reason, including but not limited to cancellation, scheduling conflicts, or force majeure. Any remaining components on the prize will be awarded and the Sponsors' obligation to the Selected Entrants will be fulfilled, and no additional compensation will be provided. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value.
Grand Prize Entrants [one (1) male and one (1) female], whose entries are confirmed as valid, will:
- Appear on a future cover of Iron Man Magazine;
- Appear in a feature article about the Contest in Iron Man Magazine;
- Appear in a national advertising campaign for Bodybuilding.com; and
- Receive round trip airfare from the closest major airport to winner's residence, hotel expenses and per diem to both the 2013 Arnold Expo in Columbus, Ohio, USA and the 2013 Olympia Expo in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, where they will appear as a Spokesmodel for Bodybuilding.com and the BodySpace community.
Finalist Entrants [five (5) males and five (5) females], whose entries are confirmed as valid), receive:
- Airfare from/to Finalist Entrants nearest airport to/from Los Angeles, California, hotel expenses, and perdiem paid in order to appear and compete against each other; to be held in conjunction with Iron Man Magazine's 2013 Los Angeles Fitness Expo held at the Los Angeles Fitness Expo on January 19-20, 2013 in Los Angeles, CA; and
- A photo shoot for Iron Man Magazine.
The prizes do not include taxes, insurance, personal expenses, gratuities, incidental charges or any other items not specifically described in these Rules and all expenses for any of the foregoing are the sole responsibility of the Selected Entrant. All Selected Entrants are responsible for reporting and paying all federal, state and local taxes. Sponsor reserves the right to transfer, substitute prizes or provide a cash equivalent for any prizes. Sponsor may substitute prizes of equal or greater value.
As a condition to receiving a prize, all Grand Prize and Finalist Entrants must sign any documentation requested by Sponsor, including, without limitation an Affidavit of Eligibility / Release of Liability / Prize Acceptance Form, show proof of residency and valid identification immediately upon being chosen. If any document is returned to Sponsor as undeliverable or if Sponsor does not receive a response from any Selected Entrant within seven (7) business days of attempted notification, or the Selected Entrant declines the prize or fails to meet Sponsor requirements, such Selected Entrant may be disqualified and the prize will either be forfeited or awarded to an alternate Entrant.
- General: By entering, Entrant agrees: (a) to release National Fitness Productions, the Los Angeles Convention Center, Sponsor and its agents from all liability, loss or damage arising out of or relating to the Contest, including with respect to the Contest, interpretation of these Rules, decisions by the judges, their acceptance and use/misuse of the prize; (b) to be bound by these Rules; and (c) that Sponsor, its affiliates and licensees may use Entrant's names, likeness, the Images, personal information, and statements made by Entrant to Sponsor, and information on the entry form for advertising and promotional purposes in all media worldwide without additional compensation. Entrant irrevocably grants to Sponsor the right to edit, modify and/or publish and copyright the Images. Sponsor does not make any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the use of any prize, including, without limitation, quality, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
- Personal Information: Any personal information that the Entrant submits in connection with the Contest will be collected and used by the Sponsor and its authorized agents to administer the Contest and to award prizes. Entrants' personal information may also be used to send additional information about Sponsor, affiliates and licensees, and each of their respective products and programs via electronic and ordinary mail. Except as set forth herein, an Entrant's personal information will not be used for any other purpose and will not be shared with anyone else unless required by law.
- Disclaimer and Release of Liability: Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, human error, technical malfunction, failures, omission, interruption, deletion, or defect of any telephone network, computer online systems, computer equipment, servers, access providers, or software, including any injury or damage to Entrant's or any other persons', computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Contest; inability to access the entry website or any pages thereof; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; entry submissions that are processed late or incorrectly or are incomplete, garbled, or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on the Internet or any website. Proof of entering information at website is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. All dates set forth in these Rules are approximate.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANY OTHER PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT TO THE CONTRARY, SPONSOR SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO ENTRANT OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS), EVEN IF SPONSOR HAS BEEN MADE AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, suspend, withdraw or amend the Contest for any reason.
- Governing Law; Jurisdiction. This Contest will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Idaho without regard to conflict of law principles. Any controversy arising under, in connection with or in any way relating to this Contest shall be adjudicated before a state or federal court of competent jurisdiction located in Boise, Ada County, Idaho. Entrant and Sponsor: (i) accept, generally and unconditionally, the exclusive jurisdiction of such court and any related appellate court, and irrevocably agree to be bound by any judgment rendered thereby in connection with this Contest, and (ii) irrevocably waive any objection it may now or hereafter have as to the venue of any such suit, action or proceeding brought in such a court or that such court is an inconvenient forum.