Sean Harley Interview | Allison Ethier Interview
Vote Now For Round #5 Winners!
|FINAL ROUND VOTING!|
Iron Man Magazine Presents The...
2010 Bodybuilding.com BodySpace Spokesmodel Search!
You can now submit your registration to enter this online contest!
Win A Photo Shoot In Iron Man Magazine!
What Could I Win?
One lucky man and woman will grace the cover of Iron Man Magazine and appear in a feature spread; receive national exposure through Bodybuilding.com, with exclusive site placement and campaigns; represent Bodybuilding.com and the BodySpace community at the 2010 Arnold Expo in Columbus, Ohio and the 2010 Olympia Expo in Las Vegas, Nevada; plus much, much more!
Who Can Enter?
All BodySpace members are eligible to win as long as they're 18 or older and reside in the United States or Canada. Not a BodySpace Member? No worries, sign up now at bodyspace.bodybuilding.com. All finalists must be available to fly to Los Angeles, CA to compete in the finals at the 2010 Los Angeles Fitness Expo, January 20-24th.
How Do I Enter?
Post 3+ recent photos (full body front, full body back, and headshot) on your BodySpace profile in the "Progress Photos" section, labeled "Model Search Entry". You also need to post a video via YouTube on your BodySpace profile in the "Videos of Me" section, also labeled "Model Search Entry".
Note: Registration is now CLOSED!
The video should include the following: a brief introduction, how BodySpace has helped you reach your goals, and why you would be the perfect BodySpace Spokesmodel. You don't have to spend money on professional media; all we need is a good representation of you! Make sure to read through the following terms and conditions before registering. Thanks, and let the competition begin!
Logistics For This Contest:
- All entrants must be 18 years old or older.
- There is a forum thread and a BodyGroup for this contest.
- If you have multiple accounts here on Bodybuilding.com, only one registration will be accepted.
- Required: Please post your 3+ photos on your BodySpace profile in the "Progress Photos" section, labeled with "Model Search Entry" for easy identification.
- Required: Please also post your video via YouTube on your BodySpace profile in the "Videos Of Me" section, labeled with "Model Search Entry" for easy identification. See below for an example video.
Note: Registration is now CLOSED!
How Do I Vote?
Note: Voting ended Monday, November 30, 2009!
1/21/2010 UPDATE: For Round #5 Voting, Click Here!
Voting is done by visiting the "Men" and "Women" voting pages and clicking the little, round button underneath the person(s) for whom you wish to vote. Your vote will be counted when you are redirected to their BodySpace profile.
You may vote for any number of contestants per day, but only one vote for each is counted per day. You may vote every day of the voting period.
Iron Man Magazine presents the 2010 "Bodybuilding.com BodySpace Spokesmodel Search," an online contest open to men and women who think they have what it takes to be selected to represent BodySpace and appear on a future cover of Iron Man Magazine. Winners will represent Bodybuilding.com and the BodySpace community at the 2010 Arnold and the 2010 Olympia as spokesmodels.
Visitors to the Bodybuilding.com website will vote for their favorite male and female entrants in several rounds. The final round of the Competition will feature the top five (5) most popular males and the top 5 most popular females, and will be held on January 23, 2010, at the Los Angeles Fitness Expo in Los Angeles, California, USA.
Bodybuilding.com and BodySpace (the "Promoters").
Iron Man Magazine (the "Sponsor").
The Competition is open to men and women from the United States and Canada, 18 years of age or older as of the date of their entry. All entrants must complete an Entry Form on the Bodybuilding.com website ("Website"), and post their Required Photographs and Video Footage ("Entry") on BodySpace.
Employees, representatives and agents of the Promoters (excluding booth workers), Sponsor, their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, or their advertising and production companies, or any family member or person domiciled with any of the foregoing, are not eligible to participate. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations of the United States apply. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Failure to comply with these Official Rules will result in ineligibility of Entrant.
5. Judging Criteria:
Visitors to the Bodybuilding.com website are encouraged to vote for the male and female Entrants who, in their opinion, display the most aesthetic physiques and attractive faces, making them worthy of appearing on the cover of Iron Man Magazine, as well as the most appealing combination of personality, poise, and presence, making them worthy of being a spokesmodel for BodySpace. Entrants receiving the most online votes in each of the 3 preliminary rounds will move on to the semifinal round. There will be exactly 5 men and 5 women chosen per preliminary round to compete as part of the semifinal judging.The semifinal round will put the 15 men and 15 women against each other. Voting will be scored from a panel of judges comprised of representatives from Iron Man Magazine and Bodybuilding.com to choose the final 5 men and final 5 women.
During the final round, votes from visitors to the Website will count for some of the scoring, and votes from a panel of judges comprised of representatives of the Promoters and Sponsor and celebrities from the fitness industry ("Judges") will count for the other portion. The decision of the Judges shall be final and binding in all respects relating to the Competition.
All 10 finalists will compete against each other during their stay in Los Angeles as part of the 2010 Los Angeles Fitness Expo, and will be rewarded with a photo shoot for Iron Man Magazine.
One (1) male winner and one (1) female winner will be selected from the ten (10) Finalists to (a) appear on a future cover of Iron Man Magazine, (b) appear in a feature article about the Competition in Iron Man Magazine, (c) appear in a national advertising campaign for Bodybuilding.com, and (d) receive airfare and hotel expenses to both the 2010 Arnold Expo in Columbus, Ohio, USA and the 2010 Olympia Expo in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, where they will appear as spokesmodels for Bodybuilding.com & the BodySpace community.
Click To Enlarge.
2009 BodySpace Spokesmodels Sean Harley &
Allison Ethier On The June 2009 Iron Man Cover!
7. How To Enter:
To enter, follow the links at Bodybuilding.com to the official entry form, after agreeing to abide by the rules and regulations posted here. Once an application has been received and processed, he/she will be required to upload three (3) or more different recent photographs ("Required Photographs") using the instructions provided. Photos need to be uploaded to the "Progress Photos" section of his/her BodySpace profile, and labeled as noted above. He/she must also upload a video of himself/herself via YouTube into his/her "Videos of Me" section on his/her BodySpace profile ("Required Video").
Except as otherwise permitted herein, only one entry per person will be accepted; all subsequent entries will be disregarded. No altered photographs, photographs taken prior to April 28, 2009, or photographs containing more than one person will be eligible. Any Required Photographs that, in the sole discretion of the Promoters, are considered to be pornographic, vulgar or obscene, or appear to have been digitally altered, will be rejected. Additionally, all photos must conform to the BodySpace Photo Guidelines. Any photos deemed not acceptable for BodySpace will be removed without further notification.
False, deceptive or incomplete entries, or other misleading information provided by Entrants throughout the Competition (including but not limited to responses to questionnaires) shall render the entry ineligible. The Entrant may submit their Entry Form, Required Photographs, and Required Video using the above procedures any time during the period August 28, 2009 until November 27, 2009, 11:59 PM Pacific Standard Time ("Entry Period") for the preliminary rounds; late and/or incomplete entries shall be ineligible. Date of entry during the Entry Period will not affect chances of winning the Competition.
8. How To Submit Photos & Video:
- You must provide at least 3 photos to be entered into the contest.
- The photos must have been taken within the past 4 months.
- Any images that include nudity will be rejected. Since this is a BodySpace contest, all submitted photos must be in accordance with the BodySpace Photo Guidelines.
- The Entrant must own the copyright to the photos, or the Entrant will be required to have the copyright owner (a professional photographer, for example) complete a Copyright Release. We will tell you how to get a Copyright Release if you need one (please contact us). Also, the copyright owner will not receive payment from the Promoters or Sponsor, and we will not provide any sort of byline or photographer recognition.
- You must provide at least 1 video clip to be entered into the contest.
- The video footage must have been filmed specifically for this contest.
- Videos must be submitted via YouTube and added to your BodySpace profile into the "Videos Of Me" section, and labeled as noted above.
- Hold on to the video tapes or high-resolution versions of your videos and keep them handy, because we may require them if you're chosen as one of the top 10 finalists. If requested, video tapes must be delivered in one of the following formats: MiniDV, HDV, VHS or DVcam.
- The Entrant must own the copyright to the video, or the Entrant will be required to have the copyright owner (a professional videographer, for example) complete a Copyright Release. We will tell you how to get a Copyright Release if you need one (please contact us). Also, the copyright owner will not receive payment from the Promoters or Sponsor, and we will not provide any sort of byline or videographer recognition.
- Any videos that contain nudity will be rejected.
- See sample video submission here:
All photos must be in JPEG format (and with a file extension of ".jpg"). Please be sure to retain the original photographs, as Finalists may be required to submit the Required Photographs in greater resolution. The Promoters reserve the right to contact a person who has entered the Competition ("Entrant") to request resubmission of one or more of the Required Photographs and/or Required Video, and/or to request that the Entrant submit additional photos, if in Promoter's sole discretion there are problems with the Entrant's initial submission of such Required Photographs or Required Video, or if there are other questions or problems with such entry.
While Entrants may have assistance in entering data and uploading the photos and video, each Entrant must otherwise complete the entry form him/herself. Any entries submitted by anyone other than the person appearing in the Required Photographs or Video (including but not limited to entries submitted by modeling agencies) will be rejected. As set forth in greater detail below, submission of photographs or video and entry in the Competition constitutes consent to use the Required Photographs and Video in Iron Man Magazine and on the Website, and/or associated or otherwise-affiliated websites.
|Sample Spokesmodel Search Video Submission.
Opening Round Voting (Round One): Commencing on or about September 1, 2009, and concluding on or about September 30, 2009, at times to be specified by the Promoters ("Opening Round Voting Period"), visitors to the Website will have an opportunity to vote for their favorites among the posted Entrants. Voters may vote for any number of the posted male and female Entrants, but may only vote once per day per Entrant. Voters may come back and vote each day during the Opening Round Voting Period.
At the conclusion of the Opening Round Voting Period, the Promoters shall tally all online votes cast for all Entrants and determine, at their sole discretion, the number of Entrants qualifying to be semi-finalists (there will be 10 Potential Finalists per round, consisting of 5 men and 5 women). Voting for an Entrant is accomplished by visiting their BodySpace profile by clicking on the link from the contest voting page(s). Only unique profile visits originating from the voting page(s) will be considered during the duration of the contest.
Second Round Voting (Round Two): Commencing on or about October 1, 2009, and concluding on or about October 31, 2009, at times to be specified by the Promoters ("Second Round Voting Period"), visitors to the Web Site will have an opportunity to vote for their favorites among the posted Entrants. Voters may
At the conclusion of the Second Round Voting Period, the Promoters shall tally all online votes cast for all Entrants and determine, at their sole discretion, the number of Entrants qualifying to be semi-finalists in the final competition (there will be 10 Potential Finalists per round, consisting of 5 men and 5 women). Voting for an Entrant is accomplished by visiting their BodySpace profile by clicking on the link from the contest voting page(s). Only unique profile visits originating from the voting page(s) will be considered during the duration of the contest.
Third Round Voting (Round Three): Commencing on or about November 1, 2009, and concluding on or about November 30, 2009, at times to be specified by the Promoters ("Third Round Voting Period"), visitors to the Web Site will have an opportunity to vote for their favorites among the posted Entrants. Voters may
At the conclusion of the Third Round Voting Period, the Promoters shall tally all online votes cast for all Entrants and determine, at their sole discretion, the number of Entrants qualifying to be semi-finalists in the final competition (there will be 10 Potential Finalists per round, consisting of 5 men and 5 women). Voting for an Entrant is accomplished by visiting their BodySpace profile by clicking on the link from the contest voting page(s). Only unique profile visits originating from the voting page(s) will be considered during the duration of the contest.
In the event that any Entrant is determined to be ineligible or withdraws from the Competition after the conclusion of any round of voting, they will be disqualified and their photos and video will be removed, and the Promoters shall have the right, but not the obligation, to substitute the Entrant that received the next highest amount of online votes during the previous round of voting to replace such person.
Semi-Finals Judging (Round Four): the 10 winners of the Opening Round (5 women, 5 men), plus the 10 winners of the Second Round (5 women, 5 men), plus the 10 winners of the Third Round (5 women, 5 men) will comprise the group of Semi-Finalists. A panel of judges comprised of Bodybuilding.com representatives and Iron Man Magazine representatives will vote upon and narrow the list of thirty (30) down to ten (10) Potential Finalists (5 men, 5 women).
To See The 10 Finalists, Click Here.
Potential Finalists Logistics: Potential Finalists will be contacted via e-mail or telephone. Potential Finalists must respond to such contact within forty-eight (48) hours (or such longer period as shall be determined at sole discretion of the Promoter), confirming that they will be able to attend The Los Angeles Fitness Expo on January 20-24, 2010, at the Los Angeles Convention Center. Any Potential Finalist who does not respond, or who is unable to attend the Competition, will be disqualified, and another Potential Finalist may be chosen.
Potential Finalists may also be required to return additional documentation, affidavits, or releases as may be required by the Promoters, and if such documentation is not received by the designated date or if the documentation submitted is deemed to be, in the Promoter's sole determination, incomplete, erroneous or misleading, such Potential Finalist will be ineligible to participate in the remainder of the Competition.
The ten (10) Potential Finalists who respond within 48 hours and who indicate that they will be able to attend to the Competition will be eligible to become Finalists.
Finalists may be required to re-submit the Required Photographs in a different format, including but not limited to a high-resolution JPEG file or photographic print, or, at the sole discretion of the Promoter, may be required to submit additional photographs. Any Finalist who is unable to submit photographs that, at the sole discretion of the Promoter, are suitable for publication on the Website shall be disqualified.
Finalists may be required to submit additional videotapes ("Additional Videotape") of themselves answering questions or otherwise performing tasks in accordance with the request of the Promoter. Only the Finalist should appear in the Additional Videotape. Finalists may also be required to:
(i) respond to additional questionnaires;
(ii) submit to an interview via telephone or otherwise; and/or
(iii) submit other additional materials or information, at the discretion of the Promoter. The return of the above referenced materials and other cooperation with the Promoter within the allotted time shall be the sole responsibility of the Finalist; the Promoter is not responsible for delays in delivery.
Failure to comply with these requirements, or inability to contact the Finalists at the e-mail address and/or telephone number provided for more than forty-eight (48) hours occurring during January 4th-5th, 2010, will result in ineligibility of Finalist. The finalists will be announced publicly on January 6th, 2010.
Final Round Voting (Round Five): Commencing on or about January 20, 2010, and concluding on January 24, 2010, at the end of the Final Round of the Competition being held at the Los Angeles Fitness Expo, exact time of which to be specified by the Promoters ("Final Round Voting Period"), visitors to the Website will have an opportunity to vote for their favorites among the ten (10) Finalists (5 men, 5 women) during the Los Angeles Fitness Expo.
The ten Finalists selected will have their airfare, hotel expenses, and per diem paid in order to appear and compete against each other; to be held in conjunction with Iron Man Magazine's 2010 Los Angeles Fitness Expo held at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California.
For Round #5 Voting, Click Here!
The two (2) Contest Winners (1 woman, 1 man) ("Winners") will be determined during the live, on-stage contest at the 2010 Los Angeles Fitness Expo. The final vote tallying will occur just prior to awarding the winners on stage . Judges' decisions are final.
In the event that a Winner is determined to be ineligible or withdraws from the Competition, the Promoters reserve the right to select another Winner.
Taxes, insurance, personal expenses, gratuities, incidental charges, or any other items not specifically described in these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of the Winners. Airplane tickets and hotel stay for the 10 Finalists in the Competition will be provided.
No transfer, substitution, or cash equivalent for any prizes will be permitted, except at the sole discretion of the Promoter due to unavailability of prizes for any reason, including but not limited to cancellation, scheduling conflicts, or force majeure. Any remaining components of the prize will be awarded and the Promoter's obligation to the winners will be fulfilled, and no additional compensation will be provided. Promoter reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value.
The Competition is governed by the laws of the State of Idaho. By entering, Entrants/Winners agree:
(a) to release the Promoters and Sponsor and their agents from all liability, loss, or damage arising out of or relating to the participation of Entrants/Winners in the Competition, including with respect to their acceptance and use/misuse of the prizes;
(b) to be bound by these Official Rules;
(c) that the decision of the Promoters/Sponsor is final and binding on all matters relating to the Competition; and
(d) to the use of their names, personal information and likenesses for advertising and promotional purposes in all media worldwide (including the Internet) without additional compensation, except where otherwise prohibited by law.
All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Winners are responsible for all federal, state and local taxes. All Winners will be issued an IRS 1099 tax form for the actual value of their prize. No responsibilities are accepted for any additional expenses, omissions, delays, re-routing or acts of any government or authority. All winners must submit an Affidavit of Eligibility / Release of Liability / Prize Acceptance Form immediately upon being chosen.
If any prize or affidavit or release is returned to Promoters as undeliverable or if Promoter does not receive a response from any Winner within seven (7) business days of attempted notification, such Winner may be disqualified and such prize will be awarded to an Alternate Winner. Noncompliance with these Official Rules shall result in disqualification and award of prizes to an Alternate Winner.
By accepting prizes, Winners consent that Promoter may use the Winner's name, image (including but not limited to photographs, videos and other likenesses), biographical information and statements concerning the Competition, without compensation in connection with advertising, promotion and merchandising, and Winners irrevocably grant the right to edit or modify and to publish and copyright the foregoing.
By accepting prizes, Winners agree to hold Promoters, Sponsor, and their managers, employees, agents, licensees, successors, and assigns harmless from and against any and all claims and liability arising out of any and all prizes. Winners assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participating in the Competition. By participating in the Competition, Entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules, and understand that the Competition results are final in all respects.
By participating in the Competition, Entrants agree to hold Promoters, Sponsor, and their managers, employees, agents, licensees, successors, and assigns harmless from and against any and all claims and liability arising out of such participation. Entrant is responsible for all online charges incurred by Entrant's Internet service provider ("ISP"). Promoters and Sponsor do not make any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the use of any prize, including, without limitation, quality, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
11. Personal Information:
Any personal information that the Winner or Entrants submit in connection with the Competition will be collected and used by the Promoters and their authorized agents to administer the Competition and to award prizes. Entrant's personal information may also be used to send additional information about Promoters, Sponsor, their affiliates and licensees, and each of their respective products and programs via electronic and ordinary mail. Except as set forth herein, an Entrant's personal information will not be used for any other purpose and will not be shared with anyone else unless required by law.
12. Release Of Liability & Accident Waiver:
In consideration of the acceptance of my application and the permission to participate in 2010 Bodybuilding.com BodySpace Spokesmodel Search presented by Iron Man Magazine, and for other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which are here by acknowledged, I hereby take action for myself, my executors, administrators, agents, representatives, spouse, children, heirs, next of kin, successors, and assigns, and acknowledge and agree as follows:
- I am voluntarily participating in the Competition.
- I am not a minor.
- I am of sound mind and body, have sufficiently trained for participation in the competition and have not been advised otherwise by qualified medical person.
- I possess all rights and faculties necessary to execute, deliver and perform this agreement.
- I certify that I meet all eligibility requirements as set forth in the official rules, which I have read, understand, and agree to.
- I certify that all photographs and video footage/tapes I submit for the competition will depict only me, will not be altered in any manner whatsoever, will be owned by me and not require the consent of any other third party rights holder.
- I am fully aware and assume the risk of illness, accidents, injury, death, personal injury, bodily harm, emotional stress, psychological harm, property damage and all dangers potentially arising from or in connection with my involvement or participation in the competition ("Hazards").
- I hereby consent to receive medical treatment, which may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident, and/or illness during the Competition.
- I hereby irrevocably grant the Released Parties, the perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, sublicenseable, transferable right, license and privilege to: (i) photograph, film and otherwise make audio and visual records of me and my voice, image and appearance at the Competition ("Recordings"), (ii) quote or paraphrase all of a portion of any statements that I may make before, during or after the Competition ("Statements"), (iii) publish, display and otherwise use my name, image, likeness, voice and biographical data ("Image"); and (iv) publish, exhibit, distribute, transmit, advertise, promote, commercially exploit and otherwise use any of the Recordings, Statements and/or Image in any and all media, now known or hereafter devised.
- I hereby irrevocably waive, release, discharge and hold Iron Man Magazine, Bodybuilding.com, National Fitness Productions, the Los Angeles Convention Center and their affiliates, directors, officers, employees, volunteers, representatives, agents, licensees, sponsors, successors, and assigns ("Released Parties") harmless from and against any and all losses, liabilities, claims, costs, damages, demands and expenses (including but not limited to attorney fees) arising from or in connection with any and all Hazards, whether occurring on or off the premises where the Competition takes place and whether caused by the active or passive negligence of the Released Parties or otherwise, and all uses of the Recordings, Statements, and/or Image, including but not limited to any claims based on the right of privacy, the right of publicity, copyright, trademark, or any other right or privilege.
- I acknowledge that this Release of Liability and Accident Waiver shall be construed broadly to provide a release and waiver to the maximum extent permissible under applicable law.
- I understand that nothing contained herein shall be deemed to obligate the Released Parties to photograph or otherwise reproduce my voice, appearance or name, or to make use of any of the rights granted herein.
- I represent and warrant that I have carefully read this Agreement, understand its contents including an assumption of the risk of the negligence of the Released Parties and a waiver and release of the liability of the Released Parties.
- Furthermore, I acknowledge and agree that the Released Parties are relying on this Agreement in allowing me to participate in the Competition and that this agreement constitutes my sold and entire understanding of the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior agreements, promises, proposals, representations, understandings and negotiations, whether written or oral, among the Released Parties and myself with respect to such subject matter. No amendment, supplement or modification to this Agreement shall be binding unless made in writing and signed by the parties hereto.
- If any provision in this Agreement is found to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such provision shall be excluded from this Agreement, the remainder of which shall continue to be valid, lawful and enforceable in all other respects to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Idaho, without regard to conflict of law principles. Any controversy arising under this Agreement shall be adjudicated before a state or federal court of competent jurisdiction located in Meridian, Idaho. By the execution and delivery of this Agreement, each party: (i) accepts, generally and unconditionally, to the exclusive jurisdiction of such court and any related appellate court; and (ii) irrevocably waives any objection it may now or hereafter have as to the venue of any such suit, action or proceeding brought in such a court or that such court is an inconvenient forum.
- I represent and warrant that neither I nor my executors, administrators, agents, representatives, spouse, children, heirs, next of kin, successors, and assigns shall make or institute any lawsuit or claim any liability, in law or in equity, against any of the Released Parties with respect to any of the Hazards or my participation in the Competition.
By entering this contest, you signify that you accept these terms and conditions in their entirety.