Only 4 more weeks until I hit the stage, excitement is starting to climb as I see myself getting leaner and more striated each day. These past 2 weeks have been the hardest to date. Less calories, more cardio and the Arnold weekend leads to a more ripped but tired Alex.
I have lowered my calories once again, taking out the post-workout carbs and dropping one whole egg from my breakfast and pre-workout meal. My cardio has increased to 45 minutes before breakfast on the recumbent bike at home and 30 minutes post-workout on the Stair Mill at the gym.
The Arnold Weekend was a blast. I was working the BodyWell Nutrition Booth as I am the eastern sales manager for them. We were able to give out plenty of samples of First Order, E2 Voltage and Tight Curves and meet a lot of nice people.
The Arnold is a great time but you are on your feet all day. Dieting and being on your feet all day is not something that mix well. By the end of the day the last thing you wanted to do was workout but I did. During the entire weekend I didn't cheat once and didn't miss a meal or workout. Dedication is the name of the game.
|RELATED VIDEO: ALEX STEWART INTERVIEW|
I am real happy with the progress that I have made. Overall my energy levels are low, but because of how I structure my meals I have plenty of energy and intensity for my workouts. Hunger is not an issue at all which is a great thing.
I am starting to track my water now. I do drink a considerable amount of diet soda during my diet (Diet Mountain Dew is my drug) but since the 6 week mark until now I have made sure I am getting at least a gallon of water in a day. I will be bumping this up in the coming weeks and lowering the amount of Diet Dew I have until the last week in which I only have water as my liquid.
8:00 AM: Meal 1
11:00 AM: Meal 2
2:00 PM: Meal 3
5:00 PM: Meal 4 (Pre-Workout)
8:00 PM: Meal 5 (Post-Workout)
11:00 PM: Meal 6
On my off day, in which I don't lift weights, I will not eat meal 4. I will usually just substitute it with my chicken and cucumber meal.
- First Order - Pre and Post workout
- E2 Voltage - I will have one of these if I need some energy before the workout
- Animal Pak- With meal 1 and 3
- With meal 6 I have 5 grams of L-glutamine & 5 grams of creatine
- Vitamin C - 1000mg with meal 1, 3 & 5
- Smart Blend - 4 of them with meals 1, 3 & 5
- Glucosamine - 1000mg with meal 1 &5
- Meltdown - 2 pills with meal 1 and 1 with meal 4
- ZMA - 3 pills before bed
- TestoJack 100 - 1 serving with meal 1 and 1 serving pre workout
- DIM - 1 Serving with each serving of TestoJack 100
The added ZMA and TestoJack 100 are there to support normal hormone levels. I take the DIM to maintain normal estrogen levels.
- Day 1: Arms
- Day 2: Shoulders & Calves
- Day 3: Back
- Day 4: Chest, Arms & Calves
- Day 5: Legs
- Day 6: Shoulders & Calves
- Day 7: Off
- Close-Grip Bench Press: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Barbell Curls: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Skullcrushers: 3 sets of 20, 15, 10 reps
- Preacher Curls: 3 sets of 15, 12, 10 reps
- Reverse Grip Pushdowns: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Cable Curls: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Seated Dumbbell Press: 3 sets of 12, 10, 8 reps
- Lateral Raises: Super Drop Set
- Dumbbell Front Raises: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Front Cable Raises: 3 sets until failure
- Reverse Flyes: 3 sets of 15 reps
- One Arm Dumbbell Rows: 5 sets of 12 reps
- Bent Over Barbell Rows: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Lat Pulldown: 3 sets of 12 reps
- T-Bar Rows: 3 sets of 25 reps
- Behind The Neck Pulldown: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Seated Cable Rows: 3 sets of 15, 12 10 reps
- Deadlifts: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Incline Dumbbell Press: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Decline Dumbbell Press: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Flat Dumbbell Press: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Incline Flyes: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Dumbbell Pullover: 2 sets of 15 reps
- Front Squats: 5 sets of 12 reps
- Hack Squats: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Stiff-Legged Deadlifts: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Lying Leg Curls: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Barbell Lunges: 3 sets of 15 reps
3 sets of 10 reps
5 drops in each set
10 second hold on last rep of drop
The exercises are all about the same as the last 2 weeks but the overall rep range has been kept a little higher as I am focusing more on the contraction and less on the weight at this point. When your body fat is lower the heavy weight is felt in your joints a little more.
The body fat which once was cushioning the joints from the heavy weight is gone. This leads to the risk of injury being a little higher. I am still using the heaviest weight possible but will not be setting any records. My focus is completely on contraction. Lowering the weight takes an extra second and I am pausing a lot on the contraction, squeezing the muscle.
I am extremely happy with my progress to date. Everything is coming in the way I wanted to and I am enjoying the process more this year than last year.
This could be because of the support I have from my girlfriend. She has helped me out a ton this year. Pushing me in the gym and not letting me slack in any department. If she thinks I am not doing something with my utmost intensity she will make me continue or do it again.
She has really helped me get to the next level. As I write this she is making me a meal right now. I am a lucky guy as you know; cooking can get tedious when dieting.
Well that is it for this 2-week segment of my diet. A little more cardio, a little less food, same old intensity in the gym, and we are one step closer to that pro card. Talk to you guys in a week. From this point on I will be updating you guys weekly with my progress.