- Name: 'JT' Jenny Tremblay
- E-mail: info@JennyTremblay.com
- Age: 40
- Where: Tampa, Florida
- Height: 5' 3"
- Weight: 125 Lbs., Contest: 110 Lbs.
- Years Bodybuilding :3
- Favorite Bodypart: Shoulders, Abs and Arms
- Favorite Exercise: Inclined Bicep Curls, Tricep Extension and Bench Press
- Favorite Supplements: Glutamine, Vitamins, Whey Protein Powder, Omega 3-6-9
How Did You Get Started?
I developed a taste for bodybuilding in 2001, while on a trip to Miami-FL. I then heard about the book "Body For Life" from Bill Phillips. Following his 12 week program and participating in his challenge, I immediately noticed a huge difference in the way I looked and my self confidence also increased dramatically.
That is when I decided to take my workout and training to the next level. Next, I then attended a bodybuilding competition show as a spectator. I will always remember that after leaving that show I said to myself "You Can Do That " ...and I can tell you that my life's chosen sport in Bodybuilding was identified by me along with my fitness goals.
I then started training even more intensely with another personal view. My self confidence was so much improved and goals were now in place, and I knew then that I would be competing one day
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
During my workout/training, I concentrate on the process of Lifting Heavy weight without sacrificing the proper form. Also I utilize other methods in my routine including but not limited to the treadmill, bicycling, walking
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
Sample Nutrition Plan:
Breakfast: Protein, carbohydrates and simple carbohydrates
Mid morning: Protein and simple carbohydrates
Lunch: Protein, carbohydrates and veggies
Mid afternoon: Protein and veggies
Dinner: Protein, carbohydrates and veggies
Evening: Protein drink
Proteins are: Egg whites, fish and chicken. I do not eat meat.
Carbohydrates are: White rice, brown rice, potatoes, oatmeal and sweet potatoes
Vegetables: Broccoli, squash, green bean, cauliflower, zucchini, red and green peppers and fresh salad
Simple carbohydrates: Apple, cantaloupe, banana, grapefruit and oranges
I have a total of six portioned balanced meals a day while in training. During preparation for a show there are some modifications however to my diet.
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
Training and Bodybuilding makes me feel good about myself both on and off stage. It's helped me to develop more energy and gain much more self confidence. This sport is one of my favorite hobbies. I encourage others to get involved in it as well; it has so many great personal benefits.
If you are a beginner, try not to be discouraged at first, things will progress for you as you train, and remember a noticeable fitness change will not occur overnight......so Be Patient and stay focused!
Take some before an after measurements and photographs of yourself, this will help monitor your progress.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
- My plans are to continue to compete in the NPC. My personal direction in competitions are now more geared towards Figure Competitions. I am now looking forward to competing in some National Level Shows in 2006, under the guidance of my new trainer and fellow NPC Amateur Champion and National competitor, DEBBIE CALLAHAN of DEB'S GYM!
- To obtain my Personal Trainer Certification so I may share my ability and experience to help others in this sport.
- Own and Operate my own fitness establishment one day in the industry.
- To Return to my heritage country of Canada and also compete there one day.
- To gain enough experience, expertise and training to be a Judge in the NPC and or IFBB!
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
Be determined and keep your focus on your actual individualized goals!
Ask yourself are those goals real for you and are they obtainable?
Next, make the commitment and prepare to sacrifice to see the rewards.
Then pace yourself, take your time, it's not a race, stick to your diet and carefully choose a good "One on One" personal trainer/coach that you can professionally bond with, that has a proven track record of success, will be responsive to your individualized training needs and goals... and has a winning attitude. Choose Him or Her very carefully!
Gaining and maintaining the support of your family, friends, loved ones or your spouses are going to play very key roles in your goals and a very helpful support mechanism(s) if you decide to compete.
Personal Quote to All:
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
Honestly, I admire so many Amateur