- Name: Tony Askew
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Age: 45
- Where: Nashville, TN
- Height: 5'10"
- Weight: 180 lbs
- Years Bodybuilding :1
- Favorite Bodypart: Chest, Calves, and Abs
- Favorite Exercise: Bench Press
- Favorite Supplements: Scivation's Xtend and Vasocharge
How Did You Get Started?
I started lifting purely for health reasons. Originally I did not have a goal, but just wanted to be in better shape.
The more my body changed, the more I wanted it to change. At that time I started doing research on basic nutrition and supplementation. I started getting bigger, stronger and tighter. I remember as if it were yesterday when I decided to actually pursue bodybuilding. It seemed to come out of now where but it made complete sense.
To be honest it was something I didn't mention to a soul for a while. Although I was already in much better shape, I wasn't comfortable yet sharing that decision. The rest however, is history.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
The following was my workout at the beginning of the year. At the moment it is something a little different. I do vary my training as far as the exercises, reps and sets that are performed.
At the moment I am working with Layne Norton. Layne has turned out some truly ripped pros lately. I just want to make sure I leave no stone unturned as I approach the 2009 contest season.
Monday & Thursday: Chest / Triceps:
- Incline Barbell Press - 10,8,6,6 reps
- Incline Dumbbell Fly - 10,8,6 reps
- Bench Press - 10,8 reps
- Cable Crossovers - 12,12,8 reps
- Triceps Pressdown with bar - 10,8,6 reps
- Skull crushers - 10,12,8 reps
- Rope Pressdown - 10,10,10 reps
Tuesday & Friday: Back / Biceps:
- Wide Grip lat Pulldowns - 10,8,6 reps
- Bent over underhand barbell rows - 10,8,7 reps
- Seated rows - 10,8,6 reps
- Single Arm Dumbbell Rows - 10,12,8 reps
- Standing Barbell Curls - 12,10,8,6 reps
- Preacher Curls w/ dumbbells - 10,8,6 reps
- Alternating Hammer Curls - 20,20 reps
Wednesday & Saturday: Legs / Shoulders:
- Thigh Extensions - 12,10,8,8 reps
- Leg Press - 12,10,8,4 reps
- Hack Squat Press - 20,20 reps
- Seated calves - 12,10,10 reps
- Standing Calves - 10,10,8 reps
- Seated Dumbbell Press - 10,8,8 reps
- Seated Military Press (Hammer Strength Machine) - 10,8,6 reps
- Isolateral Pulls - 10,8,6 reps
CARDIO: would be a mix of HIIT/LISS
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
My eats can vary. Right now I am in what is known as the "off season" but I and a few others call it the "get HUGE" since we do not believe in an actual off season, LOL.
Although it is growing time for me, I am still weighing my food and counting my macros. I believe that a successful competition season starts with how much fat you do not gain in the get huge season.
Protein: 198g - 240
Carbs: 125g - 325
Fat: 55g - 65
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
- Scivation Whey
- Scivation Xtend
- Scivation Vasocharge
- Primaforce Beta-Alanine
- Primaforce Max CLA
- Primaforce Pure ALA
- Scivation Sesamin
- Primaforce Cissus
- Primaforce Elastamine
- Primaforce ZMA
- Fish Oil
Primaforce Creaform and VasoCharge contributed greatly to my gains. Scivation Extend helped me power through my workouts and recover very well.
Scivation Whey is also another huge staple for me.
My own personal supplement is the INTENSITY I take into the gym.
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
I love bodybuilding because of the constant mental and physical challenge. Although I am not on the stage, while in the gym I am already competing. I am visualizing my new shape and form. It is hard to explain the feeling and power of being able to mode yourself into something better than the day before.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
My first competition was eight months after I started lifting. I didn't fair very well but was definitely hooked.
However my 2nd show this past June 28th and it was more than I could have imagined. I won the Masters, placed 2nd in the Novice and 3rd in the Open Middleweights.
My current plans are to compete for an NGA Pro Card in 2009.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
Take it to the max everyday. Leave nothing in the gym. Intensity and focus are the name of the game. Study! Learn all you can about nutrition, supplementation and the mechanics of bodybuilding. If you want to be a pro, you have to train like one.
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
Check Out Tony's BodySpace Here.
These amazing teenagers have made changes in their lives that most adults only dream about!
Age is no excuse for these over 40 men & women who have decided to feel and look young again!