- Name: Tony O Connor
- E-mail: None
- Age: 65
- Where: Savannah, GA
- Height: 5'7"
- Weight: 210 Off 190 Contest
- Years Bodybuilding :45
- Favorite Bodypart: Back, Triceps, And Legs
- Favorite Exercise: Squat
- Favorite Supplements: Hydrolyzed Whey
How Did You Get Started?
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
If I had to pick my favorite workouts they would be: Back, Triceps and Legs. I leg press 1,000 for 12 reps and Machine Squat 1,000 for 8 - 9 reps every week. I work each body part only Once per week to give time for recovery and growth.
|TERMS YOU'LL NEED TO KNOW|
- Guillotine Bench Presses: 2 Sets Of 12 Reps
- Incline Flyes: 2 Sets Of 12 Reps
- Pullovers: 2 Sets Of 12 Reps
- Chest Dips: 3 Sets Of 40 Reps
- Pec Deck: 2 Sets Of 12 Reps
- Leg Press: 6 Sets Of 12 Reps
- Lying Hamstring Curls: 3 Sets Of 12 Reps
- Thigh Extension: 3 Sets Of 12 Reps
- Stiff-Leg Deadlift: 3 Sets Of 12 Reps
- Seated Calf Raise: 3 Sets Of 12 Reps
- Standing Calf Raise: 3 Sets Of 12 Reps
- Behind Neck Smith Presses: 5 Sets Of 12-8 Reps
- Dumbbell Lateral Raises: 4 Sets Of 12-8 Reps
- Upright Row: 4 Sets Of 12-8 Reps
- Rear Barbell Shrug: 4 Sets Of 12-8 Reps
- Reverse Flyes: 3 Sets Of 12 Reps
- Bent Over Dumbbell Raises: 3 Sets Of 12 Reps
- Close Grip Flat Bench: 5 Sets Of 12-8 Reps
- Skull Crushers: 6 Sets Of 12-6 Reps
- Triceps Extensions: 4 Sets Of 12-8 Reps
Triceps Pushdown: 4 Sets Of 12-8 Reps
Rope Pushdown: 4 Sets Of 12-8 Reps
Friday: Squats Only
- Lat Pulldowns: 4 Sets Of 12 Reps
- V-Bar Pulldowns: 4 Sets Of 12 Reps
- Seated Row: 4 Sets Of 12 Reps
- Preacher Curl: 4 Sets Of 12 Reps
- Dumbbell Row: 3 Sets Of 12 Reps
- Seated Alternating Dumbbell Curl: 4 Sets Of 12 Reps
- Spider Curl: 4 Sets Of 12 Reps
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
During my "off "season I eat around 6 meals a day. Usually 4 nutritional meals and a couple of "normal" meals. I gain body weight up to around 212-215 lbs. 16 weeks out from my first show I will start adding balanced meals (for me) gradually cutting out sugars etc and bringing fat down to 8-10%.
6 weeks out I eat only egg whites and oatmeal or turkey and rice for food meals and Hydrolyzed whey powder with liquid carbs for my drink meals. I will keep increasing my meals as my metabolism gets into high gear until for the last 2 weeks I am on 8-10 meals per 24 hours. My body fat becomes so low that I have to get up and eat or have a drink meal several times during the night so I don't lose any hard-earned muscle mass. I compete at 190 and maintain my condition throughout my competition period.
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
I take very few supplements: Hydrolyzed whey, vanadyl sulfate, flax seed oil and the usual vitamins and minerals. I also take kidney bladder gel caps to lose any water under the skin for the last few weeks before a show.
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
I have been training with weights for 45 years now and am still improving! I have a 10 year old daughter, Shae, and my goal is to be able to do anything she wants me to for as long as I can.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
I try to compete in 2 NPC National qualifiers per year and Guest pose at the Southern Isles Championships each year. Over the last 2 seasons I have started competing in the Open National Qualifiers with the "young guys" placing 4th and 3rd out of a class of 8 and unanimously winning my age group, in this case Over 60 and Over 50 respectively.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
Set your goal. Work till you reach it, then set another higher goal, reach that and on and on. It never ends regardless of age. Nutrition is 70 % of the game: Without the correct "fuel" you will not get the performance you require in the gym. Never give up, workout strictly and be smart, don't overtrain. Remember correct form will ensure you won't hurt yourself and set-back your training.
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
These amazing teenagers have made changes in their lives that most adults only dream about!
Age is no excuse for these over 40 men & women who have decided to feel and look young again!