- Name: Thomas Bradley
- E-mail: None
- Age: 25
- Where: Tallahassee, FL
- Height: 5'11"
- Weight: 212
- Years Bodybuilding :6
- Favorite Bodypart: Lats
- Favorite Exercise: Deadlifts
- Favorite Supplements: BSN, USPlabs, MuscleTech
How Did You Get Started?
I actually got into lifting weights in my freshman PE class in high school. All we did was tennis everyday, and one day our teacher took us to the weight room, after that I bugged her everyday till I could get transfered to a weight lifting class. I didn't really get into bodybuilding until after high school and I got my first job and gym membership. It's kind of funny but I found a 2002 issue of FLEX with a pic of Ronnie Coleman on it and was like wow I want to look like that.
I didn't actually train for my first till 2009 when I bumped into a good friend of mine and fellow bodybuilder Ryan Stamm he talked me into competing so we started training for the west palm beach bodybuilding championships. After following a very hard and difficult diet (thanks Ryan) I won the middle weight class hands down. I heard I only lost the overall by a few points but I didn't matter I was happy to win my class and I was the most conditioned athlete at the entire show. Ill never forget the judge he told me I was so ripped that he could see my DNA.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
My routine now is pretty simple just basic, but what I was doing for my contest last year was:
Day 1 - Chest:
- Incline Dumbbell Press: 4 sets of 8-12 reps
- Flat Bench Press: 4 sets of 8-12 reps
- Incline Dumbbell Flyes: 4 sets of 12-20 reps
- Dips: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Machine Presses: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Cable Crosses: 3 sets of 12-20 reps
Day 2 - Back:
- Barbell Rows: 4 sets of 8-12 reps
- One Arm Dumbbell Rows: 4 sets of 8-12 reps
- Seated Cable Rows: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Lat Pulldowns: 4 sets of 8-12 reps
- Deadlifts: 5 sets of 8-12 reps
Day 3 - Shoulders:
- Dumbbell Side Laterals: 6 sets of 8-16 reps
- Dumbbell or Barbell Press: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Front Arm Raises: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Bent Over Dumbbell Laterals: 3 sets of 12-16 reps
- Cable Side Laterals: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Barbell Shrugs: 4 sets of 8-12 reps
- Dumbbell Shrugs: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
Day 4 - Legs:
- Leg Press or Hack Squats: 4 sets of 8-12 reps
- Walking Lunges: 1 set of 30 paces
- Leg Extensions: 4 sets of 8-12 reps
- Leg Curls: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Standing Calve Raises: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Seated Calf Raises: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
Squats: 4 sets of 8-12 reps
Stiff Leg Deadlifts: 4 sets of 8-12 reps
Day 5 - Arms:
Barbell Curls: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
Rope Pushdowns: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
Preacher Curls: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
Overhead Dumbbell Triceps Presses: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
Seated Dumbbell Curls: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
Skull Crushers: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
Day 6 - Rest
Day 7 - Rest
I would do abs every day along with 2 hours of cardio, my first cardio session was as soon as I woke up in the morning and the 2nd one after I did my training later on that day. Abs I would do sit-ups, leg raises and ball crunches.
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
I was carb rotating for my contest, each day I would go from 350 carbs to 200 carbs 150 carbs to 50 carbs and then to a zero carb day, and the last meal of my zero carb day I would fat load with peanut butter. A sample of a high carb day would be like this:
I was eating a lot of broccoli and green beans to curb the hunger feeling I was having all the time until I had to cut them out 2 weeks out to prevent any bloating I also cut out the egg whites 2 weeks out because of the sodium in them, I was also drinking 2 gallons of a water a day, till about 2pm the day before the show then I stop drinking water all together and had to eat everything dry mouthed.
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
Honestly I love the end results of all the hard training, it's a great healthy and rewarding life style.
What Motivates You To Follow A Healthy Lifestyle?
Having longevity and being in good shape.
What Made You Want To Achieve Your Goals?
I wanted to look my all time best and win my first bodybuilding contest.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
I would like to compete again sometime in the next two years.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
Eat clean and don't skip workouts.
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
What Features Do You Use On Bodybuilding.com?