- Name: Carl Taglianetti
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Age: 23
- Where: Rhode Island
- Height: 6' 4"
- Weight: 225-230 lbs contest
- Years Bodybuilding :7
- Favorite Bodypart: Shoulders
- Favorite Exercise: Dumbbell overhead ext. & Deadlifts
- Favorite Supplements: Glutamine, creatine, nitrix
How Did You Get Started?
I started lifting weights in my basement gym when I was 16 with my fathers help and he showed me everything and made me eat everything to get bigger. I feel in love with the weights and been lifting ever since.
I wanted to get bigger more than anybody. I put all I had into every workout. I always read muscle magazines to learn as much as I could. My father wrote out my diet and I started growing and seeing results made me train harder. I outgrew my gym and joined World Gym and took my size to another level.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
I always worked out 1 muscle a day 5 days a week this way I could train that bodypart as hard as I can and give it a week to rest.
Day 1 Legs:
- Leg Ext 3 sets 15-20 reps warm-up
- Squats 10 sets 10 gave me the best results it would take me 45-60 minutes to complete, for bigger legs this is what you want trust me they will grow.
- Leg Ext warm-up 3 sets 15-20 reps
- Squats 3 sets 6-12 reps
- Leg Ext 3 sets 10-15 reps
- Squat Machine 3 sets 10-15 reps
- Walking Lunge 3 sets 8-10 reps
Day 2 Chest:
- Flat or incline barbell change every other workout 4 sets 6-12 reps
- Incline db presses 4 sets 6-12 reps
- Flat db Presses 4 sets 6-12 reps
- Flat db flyes or cable crossover 3 sets 10-15 reps
I do more flyes than presses pre-contest.
Day 3 Back:
- Deadlifts 3-4 sets 3-10 reps
- Bent over rows 3-4 sets 6-12 reps
- T-bar Rows 3-4 sets 6-12 reps
- These exercises gave me the best results for mass
- Chins Wide grip 4-5 sets 10-15 reps
- Seated row 3 sets 8-12 reps
- 1 arm rows 3 sets 8-12 reps
- Pulldowns behind the neck 3 sets 12-15 reps
Day 4 Shoulders & Hams:
- Seated Dumbbell presses 5 sets 8-15 reps
- Side Laterals 5 sets 10-20 reps (seated or standing)
- Rear Laterals 5 sets 10-20 reps (seated or standing)
- Barbell Shrugs behind the back 3 sets 10-15 reps
- seated db shrugs 3 sets 10-15 reps
- Standing leg curls 5 sets 10-20 reps
- Lying leg curls 5 sets 10-20 reps
Day 5 Arms:
- Barbell Curls or Close grip easy curl bar 3-4 sets 8-15 reps
- preacher curls 3-4 sets 8-15 reps
- seated or standing dumbbell curls 3 sets 8-10 reps
- Cable curls 3 sets 8-15 reps
- Hammer curls palms towards body 3 sets 8-12 reps
- Concentration curls 3 sets 8-12 reps
- Rev. curls with barbell 3 sets 10-15 reps
- Pushdowns (warm-up) 3 sets 15-20 reps
- Overhead ext. w/ dumbbell 6 sets 6-15 reps
- Pushdowns heavy 3-4 sets 10-15 reps
- Pushdowns 3 sets 15 reps
- Skull crushers 3-4 sets 8-15 reps
- Dips of bench 3 sets 12-20 reps
- Rope push downs 3 sets 10-15 reps
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
High carb moderate protein low fat diets always helped me reach my goals with a cheat day once a week I like my carbs 3 grams per pound of body weight 1 gram for protein. As long as I keep cardio at least 3-4 times a week for no less than 40 min I stay fairly lean I don't like to get sloppy when I am trying to gain size.
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
The best supplements I have ever used is Nitrix, V-12 give my great pumps and strength. I use 10grams of glutamine and bcaa after every workout with 5 grams of creatine with at least 80 grams of carbs simple & complex.
Flax capsules and primrose oil caps with 4 of my meals. Joint support helps me train heavy without getting hurt I have been using it for 3 years now. And I drink at least 4-5 protein shakes a day I like to use Labrada Products & Natures Best because I trust them.
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
I love the sport of bodybuilding and the people who are dedicated enough to do it because it is a full time job. When you can leave the gym after a hard workout and look forward to training the next day that's how I know I love bodybuilding.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
I really want to see how big I can get and compete at least once a year that's my plan Lord willing.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
Train hard and heavy but good clean form and Eat Right. I read an article back when I was 18 and it's was put out by a pro bodybuilder I forgot his name but it said this "It's better to miss the gym than to miss a meal" I than realized how important nutrition for your gains at least (80%) in my book and I followed this ever since.
Every bodybuilder should own and watch over and over is the Ronnie Coleman DVD Cost Of Redemption I learned a lot from him and it made my train harder