- Name: Sandy Wiedmeyer
- E-mail: IronDivaFitness@msn.com
- Age: 36
- Where: Wisconsin
- Height: 5'4"
- Weight: 121 lbs Off 108 lbs Contest
- Years Bodybuilding :4
- Favorite Bodypart: Abs
- Favorite Exercise: Quads
- Favorite Supplements: VPX Meltdown, EAS Whey, PGN Whey
How Did You Get Started?
I didn't start really getting serious about working out until after I had my second child. My best friend was a fitness instructor/trainer and convinced me to start going to the gym she worked at. Fast forward more than 4 years and tons of hard work later and here I am. I am now a group fitness instructor and an amateur figure competitor. I competed in my first 2 figure competitions this past Spring of 2009.
I took 3rd in my class at the NGA Heart of America competition, and at the NANBF Illinois competition I took 4th in Novice and 2nd in my height class.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
|TERMS YOU'LL NEED TO KNOW|
Day 1: Chest/Biceps
- Incline Dumbbell Chest Press: 4 Sets Of 8-10 Reps
- Flat Dumbbell Chest Press: 4 Sets Of 8-10 Reps
- Cable Crossovers: 4 Sets Of 8-10 Reps
- Barbell Biceps Curls: 4 Sets Of 8-10 Reps
- Reverse Preacher EZ Bar Curls: 4 Sets Of 8-10 Reps
- Hammer Curls: 4 Sets Of 8-10 Reps
Decline Dumbbell Flyes: 4 Sets Of 8-10 Reps
Decline Dumbbell Press: 4 Sets Of 8-10 Reps
Day 3: Back/Triceps
- Cable Lat Pulls Underhand Grip: 4 Sets Of 8-10 Reps
- Single Arm Cable Rows: 4 Sets Of 8-10 Reps
- Bent Over Dumbbell Row: 4 Sets Of 8-10 Reps
- Seated Row: 4 Sets Of 8-10 Reps
- Deadlift: 4 Sets Of 8-10 Reps
- Over Hand Cable Triceps Press: 4 Sets Of 8-10 Reps
- Reverse Grip Cable Triceps Press: 4 Sets Of 8-10 Reps
- Body Weight Dips: 4 Sets To Failure
Day 4: Lower Body
- Walking Lunges: 2 Sets To Failure
- Barbell Squats: 4 Sets Of 8-10 Reps
- Leg Extensions: 4 Sets Of 8-10 Reps
- Hamstring Curls: 4 Sets Of 8-10 Reps
- Seated Calf Raises: 4 Sets Of 10-12
Day 5: Shoulders/Posing Practice
- Standing Dumbbell Press: 4 Sets Of 8-10 Reps
- Front Lateral Dumbbell Raise: 4 Sets Of 8-10 Reps
- Side Lateral Dumbbell Raise: 4 Sets Of 8-10 Reps
- Bent Over Reverse Flyes: 4 Sets Of 8-10 Reps
- Barbell Upright Row: 4 Sets Of 8-10 Reps
Day 6: Back
I work this again because I find my back is currently weaker than my chest.
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
- EAS L-Glutamine
- EAS Phosphagen
- 4 Egg Whites
- 2 Whole Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Oatmeal Or 2 Pieces Of Ezekiel Toast
- Protein Pumpkin Pancakes
- 1 Tbsp Natural Peanut Butter
BCAAs Pre- and Post-Workout
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
There are so many reasons why I love fitness; it is difficult to capture them all. I love the way it makes me feel. I am invigorated after a good workout and love the feeling of control that I have over my workout session. I love the way it has transformed my body. I am seeing changes that I never thought possible.
And I love that it is about me. When I am at the gym I am just Sandy, not mom or wife, simply me with no strings attached. It has helped me to find an identity that belongs solely to me!
What Motivates You To Follow A Healthy Lifestyle?
I am motivated by the support of my husband and admiration of my two children. I feel inspired when I see them mimicking my healthy lifestyle. Nothing can beat setting a good example for my kids!
What Made You Want To Achieve Your Goals?
How far I have already come makes me want to push harder. It makes me realize that my goals are obtainable!
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
I plan to compete in more figure competitions and continue to build my physique. I have also begun to follow some fitness modeling leads. I am also starting my own fitness related business. Stay tuned for more information on that exciting venture!
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
Push forward and don't give up, no matter what others are saying. I was told that I shouldn't do figure, that I would never be able to compete. Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks! After having two children and at the age of 36, I am in the best shape of my life and things are only getting better! I worked hard, have much work to do, and have already achieved more than I thought possible.
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
Jen Hendershott is such an inspiration. She packs so much energy and drive. She has made a name and a brand for herself, reaching out to women everywhere. I love Zivile Raudoniene's look for Figure. She brings a beautiful package to the stage, with sexy lines and a nice balanced physique.
What Features Do You Use On Bodybuilding.com?
Well, I have been all over the Bodybuilding.com site. There are endless resources that have helped me immensely in my fitness journey. I am on BodySpace for inspiration and support, I have used the SuperStore because of the great deals and reasonable shipping, the exercise database has been such a huge help (if you haven't checked it out you really should), and the information from other members on the Bodybuilding.com forum is immeasurable!