- Name: Ryan C. Schrink
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Age: 28
- Where: New Albany, IN
- Height: 6'1"
- Weight: 235 Off, 205-210 Contest
- Years Bodybuilding :4
- Favorite Bodypart: Trapezius
- Favorite Exercise: Deadlift
- Favorite Supplements: Arginine, BCAA, Glutamine
How Did You Get Started?
Playing sports in high school and division I football peaked my interest in fitness/lifting/nutrition. Then, I decided to gear it more towards bodybuilding and reaching my own individual goals as my team sport career reached its ending.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
Powerlifting techniques with added toning/bodybuilding techniques. For example, a typical week might look like the following:
- Barbell bench press 3 x 8-12
- Dumbbell incline press 3 x 8-12
- Dumbbell incline fly 3 x 15
- Push-ups 3 x To Fail
- EZ bar skull crushers 3 x 8-12
- Triceps Pushdowns 3 x 15
- Dips 3 x To Fail
- Weighted Pullups 3 x 8-12
- Barbell bent-over row 3 x 8-12
- Lat pulldowns 3 x 8-12
- Good Mornings 3 x 15
- EZ bar bicep curls 3 x 8-12
- Incline curls 3 x 8-12
- Reverse curls 3 x 8-12
Wednesday: Leg Day 1 - Hamstrings:
- Barbell Deadlifts 1-RM, 3 x 8-12
- Leg press 1-RM, 3 x 8-12
- Leg curls 1-RM, 3 x 15
- Calf raises 1-RM, 3 x 15
- Barbell squats 3 x 8-12
- Dumbbell step ups 3 x 8-12
- Leg extensions 3 x 15
- Dumbbell shoulder press 3 x 8-12
- Smith behind the neck press 3 x 8-12
- Barbell Shrugs 3 x 8-12
- Dumbbell front/side raise combo 3 x 15
Saturday: Leg Day 2 - Quads:
- Barbell Deadlifts 3 x 8-12
- Leg press 3 x 8-12
- Leg curls 3 x 15
- Calf raises 1-RM, 3 x 15
- Barbell squats 1-RM, 3 x 8-12
- Dumbbell step ups 1-RM, 3 x 8-12
- Leg extensions 1-RM, 3 x 15
- I usually do an advanced technique on the last set of each exercise, such as drop sets, partials, etc.
- Off Friday and Sunday.
- Cardio Done on 3-4 days of the week for 30-45 minutes @ moderate intensity (65% max heart rate) after weight training session.
- I usually add 2 to 3 interval sessions for 20-30 minutes @ moderate/high intensity (65% max heart rate for 1 minute followed by 85% max heart rate for 30 seconds) on off days from weight training.
- Abs done 2 to 3 days per week (usually on interval days).
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
I am usually cycling my nutrition plan based on my goals. As for maintenance, I eat around 18 kcals/lb of body weightt, consisting of 40% protein, 40% carbohydrates, and 20% fats. This, of course, is divided into 6 to 7 meals every 2 to 3 hours. As for dieting/competition, I will drop to around 15 kcals/lb of body weight, consisting of 45% protein, 30% fats, and 25% carbohydrates.
I will, then, adjust based upon progress. As for weight gain/mass, I eat around 21 kcals/lb of body weight, consisting of 50% carbohydrates, 30% protein, and 20% fats. For me, the wild card is the carbohydrates, as I tend to respond pretty dramatically (both positively and negatively to carbs). So, based on my goals, carb consumption changes accordingly.
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
It gives me the personal challenge to see how much I can get out of myself, both aesthetically and from a fitness standpoint. Plus, as a personal trainer, it gives me the competence to teach and educate my clients.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
Continue to hit my personal goals and compete in a few big shows each year, all why maintaining a successful business and raising my growing family. Wow, that is going to be a challenge!
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
No matter what your goal is, try not to let anyone outwork you. Maximize every bit of genetic potential you can!
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
These amazing teenagers have made changes in their lives that most adults only dream about!
Age is no excuse for these over 40 men & women who have decided to feel and look young again!