- Name: Ryan Everson
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Age: 28
- Where: Spokane, WA
- Height: 5'5.5"
- Weight: 121 Lbs, 130 Lbs Off
- Years Bodybuilding :1
- Favorite Bodypart: Shoulders/Legs
- Favorite Exercise: Shoulders
- Favorite Supplements: Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard; Scivation Xtend
How Did You Get Started?
I'd seen Tara Chandler (IFBB Pro) training for shows in the past, and I've always been competitive in sports. I decided to do it just to try it, and eventually met Jason Phillips (Recently one of Bodybuilding.com's Trainers of the Month) and Catherine Holland (IFBB Pro) at the 2008 Emerald Cup where they helped me fix my spray tan between pre-judging and the evening finals. I've trained with Jason and Catherine now since May 2008, and I can honestly say this has been the best year of my life!
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
|TERMS YOU'LL NEED TO KNOW|
Monday - Legs:
- Walking Lunge: 4 Sets Of 10 Reps
- Wide Stance Leg Press: 6 Sets Of 15 Reps
- Barbell Stiff-Legged Deadlift: 3 Sets Of 20 Reps
Lying Leg Curls: 4 Sets Of 15 Reps
Stationary Weighted Lunge: 4 Sets Of 10 Reps
Leg Extension: 4 Sets Of 15 Reps
Adductor Machine: 4 Sets Of 10 Reps
Tuesday - Shoulders:
- Rear Delt Rope Pulls: 3 Sets Of 15 Reps
- Upright Row: 4 Sets Of 10 Reps
- One Arm Lateral: 3 Sets Of 15 Reps
- Smith Machine Press: 3 Sets Of 15 Reps
- Reverse Flyes: 4 Sets Of 10 Reps
Single Arm Dumbbell Press: 4 Sets Of 6 Reps
Side Laterals: 4 Sets Of 10 Reps
Thursday - Back:
- One Arm Dumbbell Row: 4 Sets Of 10 Reps
- T-Bar Row: 4 Sets Of 10 Reps
- Reverse Grip Pulldowns: 3 Sets Of 10 Reps
- Wide Grip Pulldowns: 3 Sets Of 10 Reps
- Straight Arm Pulldowns: 3 Sets Of 15 Reps
Deadlift: 4 Sets Of 6 Reps
Seated Row: 4 Sets Of 6 Reps
Thursday - Chest:
- Barbell, Smith, Or Dumbbell Incline Press: 4 Sets Of 10 Reps
- Dumbbell Pullovers: 4 Sets Of 10 Reps
- Flat Dumbbell Press: 3 Sets Of 15 Reps
- Cable Crossover: 4 Sets Of 15,12,10,8 Reps
- 15 Minutes Of Abs
Incline Dumbbell Flyes: 3 Sets Of 10 Reps
Pushups: 3 Sets Of 6 Reps
Friday - Arms:
- Bench Dips: 4 Sets Of 20 Reps
- Ez Bar Curl: 4 Sets Of 15 Reps
- Rope Hammer Curl: 4 Sets Of 10 Reps
Close Grip Pressdowns: 3 Sets Of 15 Reps
Overhead Dumbbell Extension: 3 Sets Of 6 Reps
Dumbbell Kickback: 3 Sets Of 15 Reps
Single Arm Dumbbell Curl: 3 Sets Of 15 Reps
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
I love the variety with Optimum Nutrition's 100% Whey Gold Standard. My favorite flavors: Caramel Toffee Fudge, French Vanilla Cr?me, and Chocolate Mint!
I'm also a big fan of Scivation Xtend---Lemonade or Watermelon.
I've used VPX Meltdown and Hi-Tech Lipodrene as well, with good success.
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
Seeing the changes I've made over the last year motivates me every day. It's such an incredible feeling to push myself to the next level...and I want to be a role model for those hoping to change their lives in the gym! I love putting my body to the test on a daily basis.
What Motivates You To Follow A Healthy Lifestyle?
Looking at pictures of myself during college reminds me how far I've come! Also, setting personal goals along the way keep me on track.
What Made You Want To Achieve Your Goals?
I've always been a competitive person, and I knew after my first show last year that I was capable of so much more. It just didn't feel right...I looked at pictures and was frustrated! When I started training with Jason and Catherine last May, I knew immediately that my success really matters to them. I push myself every day, because I know that this is a team effort...along with the support of my family and friends.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
First and foremost, earning my pro card and doing fitness modeling! I'd also love to work for a supplement company and promote the importance of living a healthy lifestyle. I've thought about going back to school to study exercise science and nutrition, too.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
This is two-fold: Find a well-educated trainer you trust. Then...STICK TO THE PROGRAM! They have your best interests in mind. I ask Jason tons of questions, because I want to understand why, but I never doubt him. Coach knows best, right, Jason?
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
What Features Do You Use On Bodybuilding.com?
I'm a member of BodySpace, and I've gotten to meet people from all over the world, and many different fitness backgrounds! Also, I love the suggestions on the site when I'm purchasing supplements. The follow-up from the staff is great, and if something isn't in stock, I always know!
I refer to the demonstrations for exercises...one of the things I notice every day is technique and form and what a difference it makes on whether or not you're performing an exercise correctly! I also enjoy reading the training and nutrition articles.