- Name: Ralph Gaxiola
- E-mail: BIGZ002943@sbcglobal.net
- Age: 43
- Where: Highland, California
- Height: 5' 5"
- Weight: 202 Lbs., Contest: 165 Lbs.
- Years Bodybuilding :6
- Favorite Bodypart: Biceps and Triceps
- Favorite Exercise: Squats
- Favorite Supplements: MaxPro Sports Nutrition
How Did You Get Started?
I started bodybuilding after I was divorced from my first wife; after a 12 year layoff from a gallbladder surgery and fulfilling my goals as a mechanical engineer in the aerospace industry. I work for Cal-Draulics Inc. in Corona, California. Cal-Draulics Inc. is a landing gear manufacturing company owned by Douglas Johnson & Janet Johnson, a very supportive couple, and along with my lovely wife Linda Gaxiola, they are all my #1 fans.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
The plan that has worked best for me is a six day on and Sunday off for off-season.
Sample Training Plan:
MONDAY- Chest and Calves
- Warm up with 4 sets seated calves 25 to 30 reps.
- 4 sets donkey calf raises with a 250 lb workout partner.
- 4 sets one leg calf raises with a 25 to 45 lb plate.
- 4 sets incline bench starting with 205 lbs up to 405 lbs low reps of 6-8 repetitions.
- 4 sets incline dumbbell raises starting at 100 lbs up to 125 lbs low reps.
*NOTE* I change my routine every 2 to 4 weeks to shock the muscle then I move on to cable exercises.
- 4 sets of 20 reps with 60 to 80 lbs for inner peck flys then I finish up by doing dips 4 sets of 15 to 20 forced reps.
TUESDAY- Shoulder and Calves
*NOTE* I will be working on calves 4 times a week because calves are a stubborn muscle.
- Warm up seated calves.
- Donkey calf raises.
- Incline leg press machine calves.
- Shoulders 4 sets of front & side lateral raises sets of 20.
- 4 sets of behind side laterals.
- 4 sets of front raises with 205 lbs.
- 4 sets of behind the neck raises.
- Then I move on to standing front Barbell Shrugshrugs using smith machine.
- Then dumbbell shrugs on the side.
- Then I finish up with bar behind shrugs.
WEDNESDAY- Leg workout
- Warm up with 4 sets one leg extensions 20 reps each leg.
- 6 sets of regular squats starting 205 lbs up to 505 lbs on a good day.
- 6 sets of front squats up to 295 lbs.
- 6 sets leg incline press's up to 800 lbs.
- 4 sets of walking lunges across the length of the gym.
THURSDAY- Biceps and Triceps
-I always work these two together starting with one arm curls 15 to 20 reps.
-Then immediately 4 sets rope tricep workout also 15 to 20 reps.
- 4 sets preacher curls with 25 lb plates 10 to 12 reps.
- 4 sets laying down on bench tricep workout 15 to 20 reps.
- 4 sets hammer curls 15 to 20 reps.
-4 sets tricep behind the neck one arm curls 15 to 20 reps.
FRIDAY- Back and Hamstrings
-Usually I start with front chin-ups 4 sets of 12 reps to warm up.
-4 sets one arm dumbbell pull-ups with 100 lbs 10 to 12 reps.
- Behind the neck lat pulldowns.
- 4 sets front lat pulldowns.
- 4 sets Erikson pulldowns.
- Then I move onto hamstrings starting with 4 sets seated ham curls.
- 4 sets laying down on your stomach curls.
- 4 sets stiffed legged 12 to 15 reps keeping tension on up and down.
-Cardio 30 minutes.
-off day body parts.
-4 sets fore-arms.
- Repeat Monday calf workout.
-500 reps for abs.
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
Sample Day Meal Plan:
6 AM- I start my day with 9 egg whites, 1 yoke, 6 oz of oatmeal with 8 oz of water.
9 AM- 8 oz of chicken breast, 6 oz of brown rice and all you can eat raw broccoli with 8 oz of water.
9:30 AM- 40 grams of protein MaxPro Drink.
12 PM- 8 oz of chicken breast, 6 oz of brown rice and all you can eat raw broccoli with 8 oz of water.
3 PM- 8 oz of chicken breast, 6 oz of brown rice and all you can eat raw broccoli with 8 oz of water.
5:30 PM- 40 grams of MaxPro, 10 grams of Vitargo.
6:30 PM- Workout till 8 PM. 40 grams of MaxPro, 20 grams of Vitargo.
9 PM- 8 oz of chicken breast with green vegetables and 8 oz of Crystal Light.
10:30 PM- 11 egg whites, 1 yoke and 8 oz of Crystal Light.
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
I love bodybuilding because it keeps me looking healthier and younger at 43 years old than when I was 25 years old.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
My plans are to compete at the 2007 Nationals as a welterweight and win my pro-card. Then I would like to take 2 years off and possibly be invited to an Iron Man Pro show in Pasadena, California at 198 lbs ripped.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
My advice would be to work hard for what you believe and do not let anybody discourage you. Remember we're all winners!
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
|Calling All Over 40 Amateurs!|