- Name: Rachel Fox
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Age: 19
- Where: Kingston, PA
- Height: 5' 1 ¾"
- Weight: 117-120 off season, 112-114 co
- Years Bodybuilding :1
- Favorite Bodypart: Shoulders... I have a love/hate relationship with legs!
- Favorite Exercise: Back
- Favorite Supplements: ON 100% Whey, ON Glutamine, ON BCAAs
How Did You Get Started?
Well, I was very athletic in high school. I played basketball and ran track. I actually hold the school record for the 100m dash! Anyway, I graduated and intended to run track in college, but decided not to. I took on weight lifting towards the end of my junior year in high school but really didn't get serious with it or actually knowledgeable about it until the end of my senior year. I've been doing it since!
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
Typically, I do 4 sets of each exercise for 10-12 reps. If I go a bit heavier, I push for 10 but do at least 8. I don't want to build too much muscle being that I am into figure... Here's my workout right now:
- 1x15 - light leg extensions for warm-up
- 1x15 - light squats
- Light Stretching
- 4x12-15 - Squats on Smith Machine
- 4x12-15 - Dumbbell or Barbell Lunges
- 3-4x10-12 - Stiff-Leg Deadlifts
- 4x12 - Leg Press
- 3x10-15 - Leg Extensions
- 4x10-12 - Lying Leg Curls
- 3-4x20-25 - Calf Raises
- 3x6 - Wide grip pull-ups, followed by the same sets & reps for Close grip pull-ups (warm-up)
- 4x10 - Wide grip Pulldowns
- 4x10 - T-bar Rows
- 4x10-12 - One-Arm Dumbbell rows
- 4x10-12 - Bent-Over Rows
- 4x12 - Cable Rows
- 1x15 light Military Press for warm-up
- 3x10-12 - Military Press
- 4x10-12 - Arnold Press
- 4x12-15 - Front Raises with Dumbbells
- 3x10 - Front Plate Raises
- 4x10 - Side Lateral Raises (using cables)
- 3x12 - Upright Row
- 4-5x10-12 - Rear flyes
Wednesday: Bi's & Tri's
- 1x20 - Standing Dumbbell Curls (bi warm-up)
- 3x10-12 - Standing Dumbbell Curls
- 3x10 - Standing Barbell Curls (outer grip) superset with 3x10 - Standing Barbell Curls (inner grip)
- 4x10-12 - Incline Dumbbell Curls
- 3x12 - Preacher Curls (using dumbbell)
- 1x20 - light Rope Pushdowns (tri. warm-up)
- 4x10-12 - Rope Pushdowns
- 3x10 - Skull Crushers superset with 3x10 Close-Grip Barbell Presses
- 4x10-15 - Weighted Bench Dips
- 4x12 - One Arm Cable Pushdowns
(when it's closer to competition, I usually superset these bodyparts)
- 2x15 Machine Presses for warm-up
- 2 sets of Push-ups
- 4x10-12 - Dumbbell Press
- 4x10-12 - Incline Dumbbell Press
- 4x10-12 - Cable Crossovers
- 3x10 - Dumbbell Pullovers
Friday: 30 min. Cardio
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
- 5-6 egg whites
- 1 mini wheat bagel w/ sugar free jelly
- 1/2 cup of low sugar oatmeal with water
- 1/2 cup of strawberries
- 5-6 oz. lean Chicken
- 1 baked potato (no topping)
- 2-3 cups of Green Salad with 1 tbsp of Fat-Free Italian dressing
- 1/4 cup of Broccoli
- 5-6 oz. lean Turkey
- 1/2 cup of Brown Rice
- 1/2 cup of cauliflower and broccoli mixed with 1 1/2 cups of green salad
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
I'm competitive! I love the fact that I can control my body and shape it the way I want to. I enjoy that feeling after you exercise and the feeling of strength.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
I am working to place in the top 5 in my upcoming competition as well as getting to nationals and being rewarded that Pro Card! I definitely would love to be involved in fitness for years to come.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
Definitely do your homework. I have so much to learn still and research definitely helps! Before my first competition, I looked up every single thing possible about competitions, posing, diets, suits, and so forth.
There is so much to know and learn! I think doing as much research as possible will help you gain confidence and your first show will be much easier than you think. Most importantly, Have Fun!
Check Out Rachel's BodySpace: raaach521