- Name: Michael Hill
- E-mail: Michaelhill82@yahoo.com
- Age: 26
- Where: Hamburg, NY
- Height: 5'10"
- Weight: 165 lbs
- Years Bodybuilding :7
- Favorite Bodypart: I like them all.
- Favorite Exercise: Deadlift
- Favorite Supplements: Beverly International
How Did You Get Started?
I got started two weeks before my 19th birthday. I use to go out all the time and party a lot with my buddies, and just was sick of it and feeling like garbage in the morning.
So I decided to start working out just to get into better shape. Before I knew it I was addicted and I knew that I wanted to continue on with lifting weights. Eventually weightlifting had the same effect on me as nicotine does to smokers. I became addicted and could not go without it.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
- Squat warm up 2x15-20, working set 3x8-10
- Leg press 3x8-10, 4th set for 20 reps
- Stiff Legged Deadlifts 3x8-10
- Leg Extensions 3x12-15
- Leg curls 4x12-15
- Calves 5x 20-25
- Incline Barbell or DB Press 4x 8-12
- Flat bench DB Press 4x8-12
- Decline DB press 3x8-12
- Flyes (machine or incline) 3x8-12
- Dips 3x12-15
- Front Lat Pulldowns 4x8-12 (1 warm-up set of 20 reps)
- Deadlifts 2 warm-up sets then 3x5-8
- Bent Over Rows or Close Grip T-Tar Rows 4x8-12
- Cable Rows 3x8-12 or One Arm DB Rows 3x8-12
- Close Grip Lat Pulldowns 3x8-12
- Hyperextensions 3x12
- Standing Barbell Curls 5x 10-12
- Preacher Curl 4x10-12
- Standing DB curls > SS with Hammer Curls 3x10-12
- Triceps Pushdown 4x10-12
- Overhead Extensions with DB 4x10-12
- Skull Crushers > SS with Cable pushdowns 4x10-12
- 2 forearm exercises of choice > SS 3x20
Saturday: Shoulders/Light Back:
- Barbell or DB shoulder press 4x10-12 (1st set is a warm-up for 20 reps)
- Side laterals > SS with rear delts 3x10-12
- Upright Rows > SS with DB Shrugs 3x 10-12
- Reverse flyes 4 x10-12
- Cable Rows > SS with Lat Pulldowns 3x10-12
* Abs are trained whenever I feel like incorporating them.
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
- 6 egg whites w/ one yolk
- 4 oz 95% Lean beef
- 3/4 cup oats
- 2 Scoops Ultra size w/ healthy fats added (flax oil, almond butter, etc.)
- 3 scoops Mass Maker w/ 1 scoop Muscle Provider
- Ultimate muscle protein
- 2 Scoops Ultimate Muscle Protein Mixed as a pudding and put in freezer for 30 minutes (Soooooo Good!!)
- 12 Egg whites
- Veggies with some healthy fats
- 2 Scoops Muscle Provider w/ 60 Grams Waxy Maize
- 1 Scoop Creatine Select
- 3-5 Density pills (EAA)
8oz Lean Meat 3/4 cup Brown Rice Veggies
Same as Meal # 2
Same as Meal # 3
* I also eat additional scoops of Ultra Size and Ultimate Muscle Protein quite frequently, and like to mix it as a pudding. It tastes really good and prevents me from eating any type of junk food or something with no nutritional value, especially when I am out and about and cannot get any type of quality whole food.
Pre-Contest Nutrition Plan:
Pre-contest I will eat a High Protein, Moderate Carbohydrate (Oats, Brown Rice, and Sweet potatoes only), and Lower Fat (Healthy Fats such as
EFAs) Diet. I will slowly reduce My Carbohydrate Intake as the show gets closer and add in extra protein as I reduce my carbohydrate intake. I will also still take in a good amount of healthy fats.
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
I love bodybuilding because of the feeling of satisfaction and sense of accomplishment that it gives me. This sport takes a lot of hard work, sacrifice, and discipline which are also traits that are needed to be successful in life.
I just love the feeling of getting that good pump while training hard. It is such a natural high that I just never want to live without. If you have ever watched the movie Pumping Iron, and if you are reading this the chances are good, you know how Arnold describes the feeling of The Pump.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
I definitely plan on competing again, but when and where is still to be determined. I do know that before I compete again I want to add as much quality muscle mass as possible, while still being able to achieve the same conditioning that I had during my past shows.
My main goal overall is to reach my genetic limitations naturally, and become the best that I can possibly be and know that I did not cut myself short of anything that I could have had or achieved. I also would like to say that I am dedicating the rest of my bodybuilding career to my Uncle Patrick J. Hill who passed away a short while ago and gave me the nickname "Ironman".
He always believed in me and loved what I did, and was not only a great Uncle but an even better friend and person who lived life to the fullest and was loved by many.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
I would have to say to have patience and to check your ego at the door. Bodybuilding is a process and takes time, it will not happen overnight. Also consistency is key. You need to train hard, train right, eat right, do not skip workouts, sleep tight and if you do this I will bet that you will be happy with what you will see.
Another thing is, DO NOT give the sport a bad name by being cocky and arrogant and think that you are better than everybody else. Take a second to help someone out or answer a question for them, because remember that at one point in your life you were the new guy to all of this too. So just DO NOT be that person and ruin it for all the other good hearted bodybuilders out there.
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
My BodySpace: bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/michaelhill