- Name: Michael Scuillo
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Age: 29
- Where: Miami, FL
- Height: 5'7"
- Weight: 230 Lbs. Off Season, 187 Lbs.
- Years Bodybuilding :8
- Favorite Bodypart: Legs/Calves
- Favorite Exercise: Leg Press
- Favorite Supplements: Animal Pak, Animal Test
How Did You Get Started?
My good friend Jason who competed before encouraged me to try. I had been thinking about it for several years, but never had the confidence. He and my other friends (Mike, Rob, and Nathan) decided that it was time for me to try the stage. They helped give me the confidence I needed to stick out the diet and training for 12 weeks. Jason took me to a show before to see what it was like and taught me about competing, not just lifting in the gym. He taught me how to pose, diet, present myself, and bring stage presence. My buddy Mike helped me come up with a diet specific to my body and my needs. I had a great group of friends who helped me and encouraged me to do my best!
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
- Deadlifts: 4 Sets Pyramid From 15-5 Reps
- Pull-Ups: 50 (How Ever Long It Takes Me To Reach 50 Total)
- Bent-Over Barbell Rows: 4 Sets Pyramid 12-6 Reps
- Close-Grip High Cable Pulls: 3 Sets Pyramid 20-8 Reps
- Underhand Row: 3 Sets Pyramid 12-8 Reps
- One-Arm Dumbbell Rows: 4 Sets 12 Reps
- Hanging Leg Raises: 3 Sets 15-20 Reps
- Rope Crunch: 3 Sets 15-25 Reps
Click Here For A Printable Log Of Michael Scuillo's Back/Abs Workout.
- Leg Extensions: 5 Sets 20 Reps To Warm Up Knees/Joints
- Squat: 4 Sets Pyramid 15-6 Reps
- Hack Squat: 5 Sets, Add A Plate Every Consecutive Set To Failure (1st Set Is One Plate Per Side. 5th Set Is 5 Plates Per Side)
- Narrow Stance Leg Press: 4 Sets Add Plates Each Consecutive Set. Last Set Is Dropset Until Failure, Stripping Plates Off 1 At A Time!
- Seated Calf Raise: 4 Sets, Adding A Plate Each Consecutive Set
- Standing Calf Raise: 4 Sets, Adding A Plate Each Consecutive Set
Click Here For A Printable Log Of Michael Scuillo's Quads/Calves Workout.
| What Is Crossfit?
CrossFit is the principal strength and conditioning program for many police academies and tactical operations teams, military special operations units, champion martial artists, and hundreds of other elite and professional athletes worldwide.
- Incline Bench: 4 Sets Pyramid 15-6 Reps
- Dumbbell Pullovers: 3 Sets 10 Reps
- Weighted Dips: 3 Sets 10 Reps; Drop Weight And Burn Out Until Failure Each Set
- Cable Crossovers: 3 Sets 21 Reps
- Stiff-Leg Deadlifts: 3 Sets 12-6 Reps
- Seated Leg Curl: 4 Sets 21-8 Reps
- Standing Leg Curl: 4 Sets 15-8 Reps
Click Here For A Printable Log Of Michael Scuillo's Chest/Hamstrings Workout.
- Triceps Pushdown: 3 Sets 21 Reps
- Close Grip Bench Press: 4 Sets Pyramid 15-6 Reps
- Weighted Dips: Add A Plate Each Consecutive Set. 3 Sets 25-12 Reps
- One-Arm Overhead Dumbbell Press: 3 Sets Pyramid 12-8 Reps
- Barbell Curl: 4 Sets Pyramid 15-6 Reps
- Hammer Preacher Curl: Add A Plate Each Consecutive Set. 4 Sets 21-6 Reps
- Dumbbell Hammer Curl: 4 Sets Pyramid 12-6 Reps
- Concentration Curl: 3 Sets 21 Reps
- Hanging Leg Raises: 3 Sets 15-20 Reps
- Decline Crunches: 3 Sets 25 Reps While Holding A Medicine Ball
- Broomstick Twists: Whatever Song I Pick On The Ipod From Start To Finish!
Click Here For A Printable Log Of Michael Scuillo's Arms/Abs Workout.
- Clean And Jerk: 4 Sets Pyramid 12-6 Reps
- Smith Machine Behind Neck Press: 4 Sets Pyramid 12-6 Reps
- Dumbbell Laterals: 4 Sets 12-15 Reps
- Incline Rear Dumbbell Delts: 4 Sets 10-12 Reps
- Dumbbell Shrug: 4 Sets Pyramid 20-10 Reps
- Barbell Shrug: 4 Sets Pyramid 15-8 Reps
Click Here For A Printable Log Of Michael Scuillo's Shoulders/Traps Workout.
Cardio begins 8 weeks out from a show. 25 min/ 5 days a week post-workout. 5 minutes are added to each session every week thereafter. Crossfit is my intense cardio and I do spinning on Sundays if I need to make up for any missed sessions during the week.
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
I cut 200 calories from dextrose/carbs/fat every 2 weeks.
I drank Water/Crystal Light/Diet Iced Tea throughout. I didn't have any cheat days.
Last Week Water (Along With Water Pills) As Follows:
- Monday: 2 Gallons
- Tuesday: 1 1/2 Gallons
- Wednesday: 1 Gallon
- Thursday: 1/2 Gallon
- Friday: Sip On Ounces
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
I love competing and getting ready for shows. It gives me more of a sense of purpose than just lifting in the gym. I love the competition/camaraderie between competitors and my friends in the gym. Only fellow competitors know what it takes to go through the grinds of competition diets. It's a great feeling to get on stage and see all the hard work and training pay off!!
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
I plan on doing Musclemania in Pittsburgh in May '09, then again in Miami in June '09. Maybe 1 or 2 others, depending on the schedule and how I look!! I'd like to get a sponsor who I can represent and in turn will help me continue to reach my bodybuilding goals! Long term, I'd love to eventually turn pro in the sport I love!
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
Learn every time you go into the gym. Whether it's a new diet/exercise/program, learn from others who are willing to help. Don't get advice from the guys walking around with Invisible Lat Syndrome just talking about it; talk to the guys who have gone through the workouts and diets and stepped on stage before. Surround yourself with good people who will support you, understand you, and help you reach your goals.
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
Lee Priest has always been my favorite. I like his training style and have met him a few times and was cool to me every time! He's very laid back and cool in everyday life, but yet takes his training/competing very seriously. It's refreshing to see a pro be funny and enjoy life and not take bodybuilding so seriously all the time! But he also "turns it up" when it's time to diet and get ready for a show; I respect his contrast!
Frank McGrath (Wrath) is another favorite because the guy has a hardcore attitude in the gym and is a freak, simply put! His Animal videos are awesome to watch right before going to the gym! Again, he's very cool (like all the Animal guys) when you meet him in person.