- Name: Michael Federis
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Age: 24
- Where: Hemet, CA
- Height: 5'5"
- Weight: 170 Lbs
- Years Bodybuilding :2
- Favorite Bodypart: Biceps And Legs
- Favorite Exercise: Barbell Squats
- Favorite Supplements: ON Whey Protein
How Did You Get Started?
I started bodybuilding when I was stationed in Okinawa, Japan. At the time I was a real fan of fitness and was always in the gym. I had no prior knowledge of bodybuilding until a met a few Japanese bodybuilders. They introduced me to how bodybuilder's train and how their diet is so different from other sports. I wasn't really hooked until I saw the bodybuilding competition that was held in Japan. From then on, I was hooked and never looked back.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
Sunday - Legs:
- Barbell Squats: 5 sets of 15 reps
- Leg Press: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Hack Squat: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Lunges: 5 sets of 15 reps
Monday - Chest:
- Flat Bench Press: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Incline Bench Press: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Dumbbell Flyes: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
Wednesday - Back:
- Deadlift: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Lat Pull-Downs: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Bent-Over Rows: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Seated Cable Rows: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
Thursday - Shoulders:
- Seated Military Press: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Seated Dumbbell Lateral Raises: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Dumbbell Front Raises: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Rear Delt Raises: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
Friday - Arms/Calves:
- Barbell Curl: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Seated Alternate Dumbbell Curls: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Preacher Curls: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Close Grip Bench Press: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Triceps Pushdowns: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Dumbbell Kickbacks: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
My rep range stays within 8-12 repetitions but can go as high as 15 for legs. I never stick to the same routine, I always cycle my routine every other week to keep my muscles guessing.
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
Meal 1 - 7:30 AM:
Meal 2 - 10:30 AM:
Meal 3 - 1:30 PM:
Meal 4 - 4:30 PM:
Meal 5 - 6:30 PM:
Meal 6 - 9:00 PM:
Meal 7 - 1000 PM:
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
If I had to choose one product that I couldn't live without, that product would be ON Whey Protein. That product has helped me tremendously in gaining muscle and recovery.
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
I've always enjoyed challenges and bodybuilding I believe is the most challenging sport out there. Bodybuilding also keeps your body healthy. We only have one body so we might as well take care of it. I love training hard and even harder!
What Motivates You To Follow A Healthy Lifestyle?
I want to be that old man that is still running marathons and entering in bodybuilding competitions. I believe that to live a long and lustrous life you must be in the right state of mind and body.
What Made You Want To Achieve Your Goals?
The most important thing that made me want to achieve my goals is the challenge. For example, for those that have never been on contest prep, they would probably never understand what we go through. Bodybuilding provides so many challenges that it literally keeps me alive.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
My immediate goal is to gain more muscle mass on my frame. I have a lot of work to do since my first natural competition. But, eventually I want to be competitive on the national level. I want to take this as far as I can go. My ultimate goal is to become a natural pro and see if I can help other bodybuilders achieve their goals.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
I believe the most important thing about bodybuilding is that it gives people a sense of achievement. It teaches us that even though you might not have the ability or skill, but if you work hard you will eventually reach those goals.
You don't necessarily need to be an amateur bodybuilder to reap the benefits of this sport. If your goals are to lose 20lbs or gain 20lbs, bodybuilding will certainly take you there. Set realistic goals for yourself and never give up.
Food is the greatest drug. (Dave Palumbo)
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
What Features Do You Use On Bodybuilding.com?
I have used articles written by other bodybuilders on Bodybuilding.com to improve my routine and diet plan. Bodybuilding is a great source of information for those seeking more knowledge whether you are a beginner to the competitive bodybuilder. Secondly, BodySpace is a great feature to view other people's profiles and network to share information. Finally, there is no other website which provides an enormous catalog of supplements with the lowest prices on the net.