- Name: Laura Davey
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Age: 46
- Where: Madison, AL
- Height: 5'5"
- Weight: 125 Lbs Off 118 Lbs Contest
- Years Bodybuilding :1
- Favorite Bodypart: Legs
- Favorite Exercise: Leg Press
- Favorite Supplements: Gold Standard Whey Protein, Casein, CLA
How Did You Get Started?
I have exercised all my life, but never really pushed myself with weight training. I was always afraid I would bulk up. A Cardio Queen, with circuit training mixed in a bit. Going into my 40's I started to see that it wasn't working any more. I would complain for years about my skinny fat thighs.
I had cellulite, and despite continual workouts it didn't go away. For the past 5 years I have told my husband, "It is the year of the legs" He had said to me several times, "If you put half as much of time into your weight training as you do cardio you will get those legs!"
I found Bodybuilding.com through Oxygen Magazine and looked at the workouts, and created one best for myself. I began my weight training program in August 09. I did not have a trainer or nutritionist. I truly got the majority of my information from Bodybuilding.com, and Oxygen Magazine. I did my first figure competition in April 2010!
I couldn't stop smiling. I did a competition! Even though I placed 2nd in the Masters, and 3rd in open C, I felt that I had won the year of the legs. I have never had the body I have now, and it is because of weight training.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
|TERMS YOU'LL NEED TO KNOW|
Day 1: Chest/Shoulders/Triceps
- Bench Press: 4 sets of 8-10 reps
- Incline Press: 4 sets of 8-10 reps
- Incline Dumbbell Flyes: 4 sets of 8-10 reps
- Dumbbell Shoulder Press: 4 sets of 8-10 reps
- Standing Lateral Raise: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
- Bent Over Lateral Raise: 4 sets of 8-10 reps
- Triceps Rope Pulldown: 4 sets of 8-10 reps
- Dips: 4 sets of 15 reps
- Standing Triceps Press: 3 sets of 12 reps
Day 2: Legs/Calves
- Smith Machine Squats: 5 sets of 8-10 reps
- Single Leg Curl: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Leg Press: 5 sets of 8-10 reps
- Plie Squat: 4 sets of 15 reps
- Walking Lunges: 3 sets of 20 reps
- Standing Calf Raise: 4 sets of 10-15 reps
- Seated Calf Raise: 4 sets of 10-15 reps
- Leg Press Calf Raises: 4 sets of 10-15 reps
Day 3: Back/Biceps/Abs
- Lat Pulldown: 4 sets of 8-10 reps
- Seated Row: 4 sets of 8-10 reps
- Bent Over Row: 4 sets of 8-10 reps
- Back Extension: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Standing Barbell Curl: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Concentration Curl: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
- Barbell Curls 21s: 6 sets of 7 reps
- V-Ups: 3 sets of 20 reps
- Cable Crunch: 3 sets of 20 reps
- Weighted Crunch: 3 sets of 20 reps
- Cardio Bike: 30 minutes
Day 4: Cardio/Calves
Day 5: Legs/Glutes
- Smith Machine Squat: 4 sets of 8-10 reps
- Leg Curl: 4 sets of 8-10 reps
- Leg Press: 4 sets of 8-10 reps
- Deadlifts: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Cable Kickback: 3 sets of 15 reps
Day 6: Cardio/Abs
- Cardio: 45 Minutes
- Hanging Leg Lifts: 3 sets of 20 reps
- Stability Ball Crunch: 3 sets of 20 reps
- V-Ups: 3 sets of 20 reps
- Decline Crunches: 3 sets of 20 reps
- Twisting Obliques: 3 sets of 15 reps
Day 7: Active Rest
- Walk My Dogs.
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
I love to eat, and have always been a grazer. I am a big yam fan!
- 6oz Tilapia
- 1 Cup Vegetables
- 1 Scoop Casein Protein
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
The way it makes me feel! After a workout I am energized for the day and feel that I can take on anything that comes my way.
What Motivates You To Follow A Healthy Life Style?
My children. By changing myself it has helped them to make good choices with their health, and fitness.
What Made You Want To Achieve Your Goals?
Competing was the carrot I needed in front of me to work harder than ever before to achieve my goals. There was no way that I was going on stage with cellulite on my thighs!
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
Compete in a figure competition that will qualify me for Nationals. I am also working to become a certified trainer, and help others find the fountain of youth!
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
It is always good to have a goal, but you have to take action to achieve it.
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
What Features Do You Use On Bodybuilding.com?
The Supersite! I love reading the Amateur of the week, and the workouts/nutrition info, provided. The Store helps me with choosing the best supplements for my training program. BodySpace and the Forums help me keep track of my progress and stay motivated.
These amazing teenagers have made changes in their lives that most adults only dream about!
Age is no excuse for these over 40 men & women who have decided to feel and look young again!
|Share This Article: