- Name: Kimberly LaChance
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Age: 41
- Where: Gardner, MA
- Height: 5'4"
- Weight: 127 Lbs Off 110 Lbs Contest
- Years Bodybuilding :10
- Favorite Bodypart: Legs
- Favorite Exercise: Romanian Deadlift
- Favorite Supplements: ON Gold Standard Whey & Xtend by Scivation
How Did You Get Started?
I was always athletic back in high school and my favorite class was gym. The guy's gym coach introduced me to the weight room when I was 15. I was immediately hooked and my first job was working in a local gym at the age of 16. A couple male bodybuilders took me under their wings and started to show me the ropes.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
I've used many different programs throughout the years, some better than others. My training has always been heavy and intense. I have no set rules and thinking "outside the box" is how I've made my best gains. My body responds best to higher volume workouts with shorter rest periods 30-60 seconds.
I switch up between straight sets, supersets and throw in occasional drop sets
Day 1: Back/Shoulders
- Lat Pulldowns: 4 sets of 4-10 reps
- One Arm Dumbbell Rows: 4 sets of 4-10 reps
- Pull-Ups: 4 sets of 6-10 reps
- Straight Arm Pulldowns: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Seated Barbell Overhead Press: 4 sets of 6-10 reps
- Face Pulls: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- One Arm Dumbbell Front Raises: 4 sets of 6-10 reps
- One Arm Dumbbell Side Laterals: 4 sets of 6-10 reps
Day 2: Rest
Day 3: Chest/Abs
- Bench Press: 4 sets of 6-10 reps
- Incline Dumbbell Flyes: 4 sets of 6-10 reps
- Pec Deck: 4 sets of 6-8 reps
- Weighted Chest Dips: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Push-Ups: 2-3 sets of 25 reps
- Weighted Rope Crunch: 3 sets of 25 reps
- Leg Lifts: 2 sets of 40 reps
Day 4: Rest
Day 5: Legs
- Leg Extensions: 5-6 drop sets of 8-10 reps
- Squats: 5 sets of 8-12 reps
- Romanian Deadlifts: 4-5 sets of 8-12 reps
- Seated Calves: 4 sets of 10-15 reps
- Single Leg Press: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Good Mornings: 4 sets of 8-12 reps
Day 6: Triceps/Biceps/Traps
- Close Grip Bench Press: 4 sets of 6-10 reps
- Rope Pressdowns: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Overhead Cable Extensions: 4 sets of 8-10 reps
- Barbell Curls: 4 sets of 6-10 reps
- Chin-Ups: 4 sets of 6-10 reps
- Rope Hammer Curls: 4 sets of 8-10 reps
- Barbell Upright Rows: 4 sets of 8-10 reps
- Dumbbell Shrugs: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
Day 7: Rest
Cardio: During contest prep I use a combination of HIIT and LISS cardio. I don't do any cardio in the off season.
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
I keep my eating plan simple and get a solid balance of protein, carbs and healthy fats throughout the day. I eat a wide variety of whole foods, but use ON Gold Standard Whey and ON Gold Natural Casein in the morning and in the evening before bed. I will eat anywhere between 3-6 meals a day all depending on my schedule. I drink water, plain tea and black coffee throughout the day.
- 4-4.5 oz chicken or 3-3.5 oz of lean red meat (grilled/baked or pan stir fry)
- 1 potato, sweet potato, or 1/2 cup white rice
- 2 cups spinach
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
My best gains come from eating whole foods and being consistent in my training programs. I use ON Gold Standard Whey and ON Gold Natural Casein (which is great to take the place of a meal if needed.) I use Xtend during my workouts (which is great for recovery) and fish oil for healthy joints and a good source of healthy fats.
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
I've been doing this for so long I can't imagine not doing it. Bodybuilding is my passion and a wonderful hobby. I love watching the transformation process (not only in myself, but friends as well) when getting ready for the stage. It's an art, using your body as a canvas to create a beautiful package for the stage.
What Motivates You To Follow A Healthy Lifestyle?
My motivation comes from within and watching others succeed and reach their goals. A combination of both keeps me digging deep.
What Made You Want To Achieve Your Goals?
I met my boyfriend (now husband) years ago at the gym. He was a retired competitor and we used to go watch local bodybuilding shows on the weekends. I remember watching the female bodybuilders walk out onto the stage and I said, "I'm going to do that one day!" I decided to train for a show, hit a 23 week diet and stepped on my first stage at the age of 32.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
I plan to compete again in May of 2012. I will continue working with clients and helping others prep for the stage.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
The most important tip I can give is to be consistent with your program. It's the key to your success.
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
What Features Do You Use On Bodybuilding.com?