- Name: Kenyatta Wilson
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Age: 28
- Where: Honolulu, HI
- Height: 5'8"
- Weight: 165 lbs Off-season, 154 lbs Co
- Years Bodybuilding :2
- Favorite Bodypart: Chest
- Favorite Exercise: Squats
- Favorite Supplements: Mass Cycle, Probolic-SR & Animal Pak Multi-Vitamin
How Did You Get Started?
I've been lifting weights since January 2000. In February 2005 I began power lifting. I joined the Ramstein Power lifting team in Germany. While on the team I noticed a significant increase in mass. In October 2005 my teammate & close friend Horace Youson & I decided to compete in the 2005 US Forces Europe MWR Bodybuilding Championship in Kaiserslautern, Germany.
Looking back I was very unprepared for the show but still managed to finish 2nd place in the lightweight class. After the show I received a lot of helpful tips from my peers which encouraged me to stick with the sport. Since Oct 2005 I've competed 3 times. In April 2006 I won the lightweight class at the 23rd Annual Armed Forces Championship at Pearl Harbor.
On March 23, 2007 I won the lightweight class & novice division at the NPC Stingray Classic Bodybuilding Championship in Honolulu, HI. Finally I won the lightweight class & overall title at the 24th Annual Armed Forces Championship at Pearl Harbor.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
Monday - Legs:
- Squats - 4 sets 8 to 12 reps
- Leg Extensions - 4 sets 12 to 20 reps
- Leg Presses - 4 sets 12 to 20 reps
- Lunges - 4 sets 12 to 20 reps
- Seated Calf Raises - 150 to 200 reps
Tuesday - Chest:
- Barbell Bench Press - 4 sets 8 to 12 reps
- Incline Dumbbell Press - 4 sets 8 to 12 reps
- Decline Barbell Press - 4 sets 8 to 12 reps
- Pec Deck Flies - 4 sets 8 to 12 reps
- Cable Crossovers - 4 sets 8 to 12 reps
Wednesday - Back:
- Deadlifts - 4 sets 6 to 10 reps
- Wide Grip Pull Downs - 4 sets 8 to 12 reps
- Bent-Over Barbell Row - 4 sets 8 to 12 reps
- Seated Rows - 4 sets 8 to 12 reps
- Weighted Pull-Ups 4 sets 6 to 8 reps
- Leg Curls - 4 sets 8 to 12 reps
- Seated Calf Raises - 150 to 100 reps
Thursday - Shoulders:
- Dumbbell Presses - 4 sets 8 to 12 reps
- Lateral Raises - 4 sets 8 to 12 reps
- Front Dumbbell Raises - 4 sets 8 to 12 reps
- Barbell Upright Rows - 4 sets 8 to 12 reps
- Dumbbell Shrugs - 4 sets 8 to 10 reps
Friday - Biceps:
- Barbell Curls - 4 sets 8 to 12 reps
- Incline Dumbbell Curls - 4 sets 8 to 12 reps
- Seated Machine Preacher Curls - 4 sets 8 to 12 reps
- Cable Curls - 4 sets 8 to 12 reps
- Reverse Barbell Curls - 4 sets 8 to 12 reps
- Seated Calf Raises - 150 to 200 Reps
Saturday - Triceps:
- One Arm Pull Downs - 4 sets 8 to 12 reps
- Weighted Dips - 4 sets 8 to 10 reps
- Close-Grip Bench-press - 4 sets 8 to 12 reps
- Triceps Dumbbell Kickbacks - 4 sets 8 to 12 reps
- Triceps Pushdown w/Rope Attachment - 4 sets 8 to 12 reps
Sunday - REST!!!
I normally do 30 minutes of cardio 3 times per week & I also do abs 3 times a week. My abs routine varies; I like to try different routines for abs.
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
I'm naturally lean & eat healthy year round. I get my proteins from boiled eggs, steak, salmon, tuna, chicken breast & protein shakes. My only sources of carbs are from brown & white rice, oatmeal, fruits & vegetables.
My fat source comes from egg yokes, almonds & peanut butter. Dieting is never a big deal for me during competition time b/c I keep my diet clean all the time. I normally have one cheat day per week.
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
Mass Cycle by Fizogen has been a great post workout drink for me. Unlike other brands it didn't add unwanted water weight. I honestly can tell the difference in my appearance & strength when I'm taking it.
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
I love the competitive aspect of bodybuilding. I enjoy the athlete in-brief when guys are looking around at each other & sizing you up. I prefer to show up with baggy clothes so guys don't know what I'm working with until I stripe down & step on the scale.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
I'm going to try to gain more lean muscle mass this year and really focus on my weak points. If I'm satisfied with my progress July '08 I'll try my luck at the USAs in Vegas.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
Keep God first and stay humble. Always take the time to answer's people questions & give advice when they ask.
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
I've meet a few IFBB pros but Phil Heath & Leo Ingram are my favorites by far. I've had the luxury of talking to Leo several times since we workout at the same gym. His story is inspirational because he never gave up on his dream.
I also admire Leo for balancing his military career while pursing & achieving his goal of becoming an IFBB Pro. I met Phil Heath in March at the NPC Stingray Classic in Honolulu. He was very down to earth. I like Phil & Leo because they both take the time to talk to you and answer your questions & seem like ordinary guys that you see in the gym everyday.