- Name: John Griffith
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Age: 21
- Where: Cottage Grove, MN
- Height: 6'0"
- Weight: 185-190 Lbs Off 170 Lbs Contes
- Years Bodybuilding :1
- Favorite Bodypart: Back
- Favorite Exercise: Wide-Grip Pull-Ups
- Favorite Supplements: Myofusion, IntrAbolic, Serum
How Did You Get Started?
I played hockey my entire life, but as I got older and started hitting the gym to get bigger and stronger for my sport, it just became a passion. I soon found myself in the weight room constantly after practice and before games. I started researching and looking up different routines, watching Youtube videos of bodybuilders, researching supplements and soon after hockey was over I knew exactly what I wanted to pursue, Bodybuilding.
I recently finished my first ever show which was the 2010 NANBF Mr./Ms. Natural MN in which I placed 4th (out of 7) in the Collegiate division and 7th (out of 12) in the Novice Tall. I first did it to prove to myself that I could do a show, but I have found a new passion in the process and my next goal is to place 1st the next time I step on stage!
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
Keeping rest periods at maximum of 90 seconds between sets.
Day 1: Chest/Shoulders
- Bench Press: 3-5 sets of 6-10 reps
- Incline Dumbbell Press: 3-5 sets of 6-10 reps
- Dips: 3-5 sets of 6-10 reps
- Military or Dumbbell Press: 3-5 sets of 6-10 reps
- Dumbbell Side Laterals: 3-5 sets of 6-10 reps
- Rear Delt Flyes: 3-5 sets of 6-10 reps
Day 2: Back/Traps
- Deadlifts: 3-5 sets of 6-10 reps
- Wide-Grip Pull-Ups: 3-5 sets of 6-10 reps
- Bent-Over Barbell Rows: 3-5 sets of 6-10 reps
- Barbell Shrug: 3-5 sets of 6-10 reps
- Dumbbell Shrug: 3-5 sets of 6-10 reps
Day 3: Off
Day 4: Legs
- Squats: 3-5 sets of 6-10 reps
- Stiff Leg Deadlift: 3-5 sets of 6-10 reps
- Leg Extension: 3-5 sets of 6-10 reps
- Leg Curls: 3-5 sets of 6-10 reps
- Dumbbell Lunges: 3-5 sets of 6-10 reps
Day 5: Abs/Calves/Cardio
- Standing Calf Raise: 3-5 sets of 10-20 reps
- Seated Calf Raise: 3-5 sets of 10-20 reps
- Russian Twists: 3-5 sets of 6-10 reps
- Hanging Leg Raise: 3-5 sets of 6-10 reps
- Sit-Ups: 3-5 sets of 10-15 reps
Day 6: Arms
- Barbell Curls: 3-5 sets of 6-10 reps
- Close-Grip Bench: 3-5 sets of 6-10 reps
- Skull Crushers: 3-5 sets of 6-10 reps
- Dumbbell Curls: 3-5 sets of 6-10 reps
Day 7: Off
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
- 1.5 Scoops Magnum Nutraceuticals Serum
- 1 Serving Athletic Edge IntrAbolic
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
I have taken many different types of supplements but have learned to stick with the basics. I love Gaspari's Myofusion Protein any time, Athletic Edge's IntrAbolic during my workout due to its huge BCAA content. I also like Magnum Nutriceutical's Serum and Scivation's Quake 10.0 for Pre-workout.
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
I played a team sport my entire life and I found myself getting angry or upset over the things I couldn't control constantly and that's what really led me onto bodybuilding. It's almost the exact opposite. Every single day it's me vs myself. I have no one to let down except myself If I cheat or slip up.
What Motivates You To Follow A Healthy Lifestyle?
I have a great support system (my girlfriend mostly) but most of all I love to compete and I hate losing more than anything in the world.
What Made You Want To Achieve Your Goals?
To prove to myself that I can do anything I set my mind to!
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
My main goal is to earn a Natural Pro Card, get sponsored by a supplement company and/or do fitness modeling in the future. As far as upcoming contests, I guess it all depends on how productive my off-season goes and when I think I'm ready. I think the earliest I plan to compete next is spring of 2011 if all goes to well. If not, I'm not in any kind of hurry.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
If you're thinking about competing, or anything in life for that matter, don't sell yourself short. It really is the greatest feeling in the world to put everything you have into something and watching it pay off. It sounds cliché but the best things in life really are worth waiting for.
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
What Features Do You Use On Bodybuilding.com?