- Name: Jeremy Patterson
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Age: 26
- Where: Sacramento, CA
- Height: 5'9"
- Weight: 215 Off 184.5 Contest
- Years Bodybuilding :1
- Favorite Bodypart: Abs
- Favorite Exercise: Squats
- Favorite Supplements: No-Xplode
How Did You Get Started?
I have been working out for over 9 years and just decided to try a competition Jan. 2010.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
Day 1: Chest
- Flat Dumbbell Bench: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Incline Dumbbell Bench: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Seated Chest Press: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Cable Flyes: 3 sets of 15 reps
Day 2: Legs
- Squats: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Leg Curls: 3 sets of 8 reps
- Leg Press: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Stiff Legged Deadlift: 3 sets of 12 reps
Day 3: Arms
- Close Grip Bench Press: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Skull Crushers: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Dips: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Standing Barbell Curl: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Preacher Curl: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Overhead Curls or Hammer Curls: 3 sets of 12 reps
Day 4: Shoulders
- Seated Military Press: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Front Raise: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Side Raise: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Rear Delt Raises: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Shrugs: 3 sets of 8 reps
Day 5: Back
- Deadlifts: 3 sets of 6-8 reps
- Pulldowns or Chin Ups: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Bent Over Rows: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Back Extensions: 3 sets of 15 reps
Day 6: Rest
Day 7: Rest
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
Meal 1: 8:00 AM
Meal 2: 11:00 AM
Meal 3: 2:00 PM
Meal 4: 5:00 PM
- 8 Oz Tilapia
- 8 Oz Sweet Potatoes
Meal 5: 8:00 PM
- 8 Oz Tilapia
- 1 Cup Broccoli
Meal 6: 10:00 PM
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
I use a lot of glutamine and BCAAs. I take about 20 grams of glutamine per day (5g pre-workout, 5 g post-workout, 10 g before bed. I take 5 g BCAAs pre and post workout as well. I also use creatine monohydrate 5 g pre and post workout. All BCAAs, creatine and glutamine are from the brand Cheap Supplements. I also supplement a multivitamin from Animal Pak.
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
I love bodybuilding because it is a very intricate sport and it is not just a bunch of lifting weights but your diet and rest timing are equally important.
What Motivates You To Follow A Healthy Lifestyle?
Always setting goals and monitoring improvements.
What Made You Want To Achieve Your Goals?
As bad as it sounds I think that my ego is what made me achieve my goals. I would not allow myself to fail because failure was not an option. I actually found it to be very easy with one simple rule and that was to stick to the program.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
I hope to learn from my first competition and improve on my weak points to someday bring in a strong physique at the national level. My weak points are back and leg density.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
Stick to the program.
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
What Features Do You Use On Bodybuilding.com?
I use my Bodyspace quite often.