- Name: Jennifer Pillow
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Age: 30
- Where: Appomattox, VA
- Height: 5'7"
- Weight: 124.4 Contest 133 Off
- Years Bodybuilding :1
- Favorite Bodypart: Abs
- Favorite Exercise: Quads
- Favorite Supplements: Whey Protein
How Did You Get Started?
I have been working out with weights for about the last 11 1/2 years. I always played sports in high school so fitness and exercise has always been a strong focus of mine! When I went away to college and didn't have my sport practices anymore I really got into running and began lifting weights on a regular basis and have continued since.
When I graduated college 2 goals I had set for myself where to complete a marathon and to enter a figure competition by the time was 30. Both goals have been accomplished!
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
Generally I do 3 sets of 12-15 reps (lifting moderate/heavy weight). I honestly change my exercises for workouts every week! I never keep it the same in order to keep my body guessing. Always do 3 exercises per body part. Some staple exercises that I normally incorporate are included:
- Cable Flyes: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Incline Chest Press: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Bench Press: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Arnold Press: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Military Press: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Lateral Raises: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Leg Extensions: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Single Leg Press: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Smith Machine Calf Raises: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Leg Curls: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Cable Glute Press: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Leg Press Heels High: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Wide Grip Lat Pulldowns: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Bent-Over Rows: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Seated Rows: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Shrugs: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Bent-Over Lateral Raises: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Reverse Curls With EZ Bar: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Low Cable Curls: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Alternating Incline Dumbbell Curls: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Skull Crushers: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Kickbacks: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Rope Pulldowns: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Weighted Jump Squats: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Plie Squat: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Squat: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Deadlifts: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Hamstring Curls: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Seated Calf Raises: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
I used to be a "cardio queen". However I now only do 45min-1 hr cardio (generally 7 days a week). Usually 3-4 days a week is outside running and the other days are in the gym using the AMT, Elliptical, Bike, or Treadmill! Intensity varies! Also I do abs 5 days a week and some favorites are:
- Leg Raises: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Side Bends: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Cable Crunches: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Decline Reverse Crunch: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Russian Twist: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
I love fitness because working out makes me feel good and it is a fantastic way to reduce stress.
Also fitness can be a part of your life regardless of where you are! You can workout in a hotel room, go for a run outside, go to the gym, go swimming, do jumping jacks between commercials. There's just no excuse why it can not be a part of your day!
What Motivates You To Follow A Healthy Lifestyle?
Seeing results and knowing how I feel from eating healthy and clean are my biggest motivators! It's amazing to see how manipulating diet and exercise can change your physique! How cool is that?! Even after training with weights for many years I am still seeing results. What's even cooler is that my body looks better now approaching 30 than when I was 18. Now I love that!
What Made You Want To Achieve Your Goals?
99% of the time if I set a goal I do what it takes to achieve it. Once again I had set a goal at age 20 to compete in a figure competition by 30 and it happened! I went to my first figure show and was inspired and began competition training 2 months later!
During the training of my first show (show date was May 16 2009); I faced a lot of trials and sad times. Soon after I started my training my daddy was diagnosed in March '09 with a very aggressive form of leukemia. I continued training hard even though many days all I wanted to do was sit at home and cry; however I never missed a workout.
My competition training and diet really gave me something to focus on other than thinking about how sick my daddy was and how out of my control the whole situation was. My first competition was May 16, 2009. I called my daddy to let him know how I had done. When he answered the phone he said so are you "Miss Richmond". I laughed and told him no, but told him how I placed!
The second show I did was the OCB Tidewater held on October 24th. I did this show for my daddy because his birthday was on October 26th. I wanted so badly to call and say, hey I wasn't Miss Richmond in May, but I'm Miss Tidewater now! I know Daddy was smiling down at me from Heaven and thinking that too! I placed 1st in Novice Tall and 3rd in Open Tall.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
I plan to continue to eat clean, workout hard, and competing in figure shows! I would love to one day complete in an Ironman! I think I'll shoot for that by the time I'm 40!
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
Be sure to work on posing and stage presentation! The workouts and diet are very tough and often times posing practice is overlooked, but it is very critical! This is advice I need to follow myself because it is my biggest weakness!
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
I absolutely love Tosca Reno with a passion! She is one of my biggest inspirations! I love her, her books, and her website!
What Features Do You Use On Bodybuilding.com?
I have a BodySpace account that I have been inputting my stats so I can see the changes/gains, etc! I also love the vast array of resources for diets, competition advice, and various workouts!