- Name: Heather LeBlanc
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Age: 34
- Where: Dieppe, New Brunswick, Canada
- Height: 4' 11"
- Weight: 115 Lbs., Contest: 102 Lbs.
- Years Bodybuilding :4
- Favorite Bodypart: Chest
- Favorite Exercise: Legs
- Favorite Supplements: CLA & Glutamine
How Did You Get Started?
I got started through my trainer, Ti-Jean LeBlanc back in 2003. I started training in January 2003 weighing in at 137 lbs at 4'11". I asked a personal trainer to help whip me into shape. I had never picked up a weight, ran on a treadmill or followed a strict diet. I feel I have accomplished the most in the last 5 years than I have in my whole life. I trained in a hardcore, run down gym the offenders used at a Correctional Facility (Dorchester Penitentiary). In less than 12 weeks, I lost over 30 pounds, started to develop muscle and started eating more protein and taking vitamin supplements.
View My BodySpace Profile: bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/msfigurenb2007.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
Sample Training Program:
Training: On- and off-season I train the same, 5 times a week for about 2 hours. I usually take Tuesdays and Saturdays off and do Back/Triceps/ABS (Sunday), Shoulders & Calves (Monday), Glutes & ABS (Wednesday), Chest/Biceps/ABS (Thursday) and Legs/Glutes (Friday).
Here is a typical program I follow; however, I always change my program every 3-4 months to shock my system. Sometimes when my body gets used to a program, it hits a training plateau where I see very little or no change in my physique. It puts my body in a catabolic state and it will not perform like I wish it would.
I do cardio 4-5 times per week for 30-40 min intervals. Closer to contest time, I usually jack it up 6 days per week, 2 times a day for 40 min. sessions. I try to do my cardio before breakfast at home on an empty stomach. I love running and doing the Eclipse Machine. My Coaches dictate how much cardio I need to do.
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
- My coach always told me "You are what you eat, when you eat clean, you will perform better, feel better and lose weight, but if you eat junk food, you will not perform, you will not feel well and you will gain weight.
- I learned that changing my eating habits will help me lose weight, however, there's a "point of no return", and you can't go back to your old lifestyle and expect to maintain the weight loss you achieved through dieting and clean eating.
- I eat 6-7 small portion meals per day.
- I make sure that each meal has some type of protein; approx 15-25 grams of protein per meal
- There are 2 types of Diets I have followed to Maintain Healthy Lifestyle or Competing in Figure Competitions:
1. Low Carb, High Protein, Low Fat Diet (This is a diet used by bodybuilders/athletes for years, more well-balanced and healthier for the athlete)
2. High Fat, High Protein, Low/No Carbs (Atkins Diet) (Your body uses the fat for energy instead of Carbs and the lack of sugar in the body gives you less cravings for food); Suggest this diet should only be used 5-7 weeks before a competition.
MY DIET 3-4 WEEKS BEFORE A SHOW:
5 Egg whites
1/3 cup Oatmeal
Protein Shake (1 scoop)
4 ounces of Salmon or 4 oz. Steak
1 cup Broccoli or Cauliflower
4 oz Chicken Breast or Buffalo
1/2 Can of White Solid Tuna or 3 oz. Shrimps on Salad
5 oz. Sole/Haddock/Tilapia or Cod
1 1/2 cups Steamed Broccoli/Cauliflower
5 Egg whites including 2 yolks
DIET - OFF-SEASON
4 Egg whites
1/3 Cup Oatmeal (with Splenda, 1 tbsp Flax & Cinnamon)
Protein Shake - 27 Grams of Protein with 10 Almonds
Salad with 1/2 can of Shrimp or Crab
1/3 Cup Brown Rice
3 1/2 oz. Chicken
Salad with Calorie Wise Zesty Italian Dressing
1 Can Tuna
1/4 cup Broccoli
1/2 cup Broccoli
Choices - 3 1/2 oz. Chicken, or 3 oz. Salmon, or 4 oz. Buffalo Meat
Salad with Calorie Wise Zesty Italian Dressing
4 Egg whites
*Cheat Meal once a week (only if I deserve it!)
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
Supplements I Recommend for Greatest Gains:
- CLA (Conjugated Linoleic Acid) - Helps my body burn more fat. Recommended Dosage: 5 Tablets per day for best results (1 morning, 2 lunch, 2 night)
- Glutamine - Used for my muscle recovery.
Recommended Dosage: 1 tsp before training, after training, at bed-time
- Creatine - Helps build my muscles to allow them to put on size. Comes in Powder or Capsules & 1 scoop per day or 1 pill per day after training
- Helps me burn calories faster and gives me the energy boost for my workouts
- Speeds metabolism and curbs my appetite
- Recommended Dosage: 1 capsule before training (training days only)
- Recommended Brands: Thermogenesis or Methyl Ripped
- AMINO ACIDS - 3 tablets before training, 3 tablets after training
- Vitamin C - 1000 mg per day (take after workout)
- Vitamin E - 400 mg per day (take after workout)
- Vitamin B Complex 100 - (take after workout)
- Evening Primrose Oil - 400 mg (twice a day)
- Calcium with Magnesium & Zinc - 500 mg (twice per day)
- Multivitamin - 2 tablets per day
- Omega 3 Oil - 1 tsp per day
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
I love fitness because when I look in the mirror and don't like what I see; I immediately take action to improve the look of my physique and appearance. Fitness gives me self-discipline and devotion to the sport that keeps my training and spirit alive and remembering everyday that the moment I began training, my life took a positive, twisted turn into the right direction.
Believe me, I have accomplished more in the last 4 years than I have in my whole life. And to walk out on stage at my first National Canadian Fitness and Figure Championships in 2006 and seeing my name on the wall, was a thrill and an honor. I was amongst the best in Canada and I enjoyed the experience and with no regrets. It was exhilarating and thrilling and I'll never forget my love of fitness at that very moment.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
To compete in Westminster, British Columbia at the 2008 National Fitness & Figure Championships on August 9th, 2008. I've worked extremely hard for a whole year and now it time to go "out with a bang"! I'm about 21 weeks out of the Nationals; I will start contest preparation about 14 weeks out.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
My overall view on life is "You get what you give." If you can help or give other athletes the encouragement and motivation to obtain their fitness goals, I know that God will re-pay to you the favor. My training helps me to stay focused, alert and motivated to handle my everyday life; my family, my job and my figure hobby.
It's challenging for the most part - this lifestyle is not for everyone, but it's about devotion and endurance. It's also about self-discipline and setting your sights on reaching the all-time goal of winning a show. Never take your training or diet for granted. Remember, there will always be someone who trains harder than you, who's prettier than you and may even be in better shape than you. Never lose focus of the other competitors. Stay ahead of the game and excel in this sport. Five main factors to keep in mind are; motivation, focus, self-discipline, determination and good genetics.
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
I would have to say I admire Mary Elizabeth Lado or Monica Brant, both are very humble and kind, two very important qualities that I treasure the most in a competitor. My favorite bodybuilder would have to be "Dennis Wolf"; he will soon be our next Mr. Olympia. When I look at him, I see the "Eye of a Tiger" who is getting ready to come out of his CAGE.
|Calling All Fitness Amateurs!|