- Name: Grant Smith
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Age: 33
- Where: Spokane WA
- Height: 5'10"
- Weight: 151 lbs contest 185 lbs off
- Years Bodybuilding :2
- Favorite Bodypart: Back and Chest
- Favorite Exercise: Lat Pulldown and Incline Flyes
- Favorite Supplements: Gaspari SuperPump250
How Did You Get Started?
I got started 8 years ago when I looked at myself in the mirror and couldn't believe I had gotten so fat and out of shape. I immediately joined a local gym and hired a personal trainer. Through the years I've bounced back and forth from home gyms to actual gyms, but never stopped lifting.
My gains were minimal but I reached my weight loss goals. Then I met and became close friends with a national level female competitor, and I now feel the sky is the limit.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
I focus on one body part a day, taking 2 days off during the week. Pre-contest I'm doing 1 hour of fasted cardio in the morning. Here's my usual split:
- Flat Bench Press: 3 sets of 15, 12, 8 reps
- Incline Flyes: 3 sets of 15, 12, 8 reps
- Cable Crossovers: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Incline Press: 3 sets of 15, 12, 8 reps
- Dips: 3 sets of 15, 12, 8 reps
- Wide Grip Pull-Ups: 3 sets of 12, 10, 8 reps
- Reverse Grip Lat Pulldown: 3 sets of 12, 10, 8 reps
- Seated Rows: 3 sets of 12, 10, 8 reps
- Dumbbell Rows: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Lower Back Extensions: 3 sets of 12, 10, 8 reps
- Squats: 3 sets of 12, 10, 8 reps
- Leg Press: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Walking Lunges: 3 set of 18 reps
- Leg Extension: 3 sets of 12, 10, 8 reps
- Lying Curl: 3 sets of 12, 10, 8 reps
- Single Calf Raise: 3 sets of 18 reps
- Straight Leg Deadlift: 3 sets of 12, 10, 8 reps
- Concentration Curls: 3 sets of 12, 10, 8 reps
- Preacher Curl: 3 sets of 12, 10, 8 reps
- Alternating Close And Wide Grip Standing Curl: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Close Grip Bench Press: 3 sets of 12, 10, 8 reps
- Overhead Rope Extensions: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Skull Crushers: 3 sets of 12, 10, 8 reps
- Military Press: 3 sets of 12, 10, 8 reps
- Lateral Raises: 3 sets of 12, 10, 8 reps
- Upright Rows: 3 sets of 12, 10, 8 reps
- Dumbbell Front Raises: 3 sets of 12, 10, 8 reps
- Rear Delt Row: 3 sets of 10 reps
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
My pre contest diet looks like this:
- 20 raw almonds
- 5 oz grilled tilapia
- 7 oz mixed greens
- 20 raw almonds
- 2 scoop whey protein
- 2 scoops casein protein
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
- Optimum Nutrition 100% Casein: 2 scoops
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
I love bodybuilding because you truly are accountable to no one but yourself. It's your choice to make it to the gym and hit your goals or not. I am also a personal trainer and love to help people reach their weight loss / muscle gain goals. People don't realize what they can accomplish if they set their mind to it. The feeling of personal accomplishment and pride cannot be matched.
What Motivates You To Follow A Healthy Lifestyle?
Being a personal trainer it's my responsibility to help my clients improve their everyday health and well being. One of the ways I do so is by leading by example. The fact that I love my job makes the whole thing worth while.
What Made You Want To Achieve Your Goals?
A drive to be the best I can be. No one can control my diet, my workouts, my sleep, my life and my choices are my own. I want to see exactly how far I can push myself.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
I plan on competing in 3 shows this year. Currently I'm a light weight and took 3rd at my last show, the Night Of Champions - National Qualifier. I hope to keep the gains coming strong.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
Never back down; never quit ... You only live once, lift everyday like you might never lift again. The sky is the limit!
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
What Features Do You Use On Bodybuilding.com?
I use Bodybuilding.com for research purposes. It's a great resource as well as where I go to purchase all my supplements and show prep needs.