- Name: Eric Martin
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Age: 34
- Where: Keizer, Oregon
- Height: 5' 10"
- Weight: 200 Lbs., Contest: 163 Lbs.
- Years Bodybuilding :19
- Favorite Bodypart: Quads Or Biceps
- Favorite Exercise: Squats
- Favorite Supplements: ON Gold Whey Standard Protein and Animal Pak Multi's.
How Did You Get Started?
Started building my body to prepare for football as a freshman in high school.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
I change my workout plan about every 6 to 8 weeks, creating a new split based on weak spots that need extra attention and just the fact that change is good and keeping your body in shock is essential. I change the exercises that I work for a particular muscle on a weekly basis, variety is a good thing.
My favorite is to lift heavy weight 5 to 8 reps per set, with 3 to 5 sets per exercise. The amount of sets per exercise I do depends on how fatigued that muscle feels on that particular day, I just listen to my body.
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
- I eat a clean diet year round so that I can drink moderately during the off-season.
- I eat when I'm hungry and pay attention to the type of food I eat, especially as contest time nears.
- When I drop carbs before a contest I do so slowly, every change I make, I do so gradually.
- If you dial in the nutrition part of pre-contest preparation it makes things much easier.
- The closer to a contest I get the more I use a mirror to measure my progress.
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
I love the sport of bodybuilding because it is something that not everyone can do; it takes a special kind of person to be a bodybuilder. You have to make the time to train, you have to have the will power to eat right, possess the knowledge, and most of all you must have drive. Drive is not something you can learn, either you have it or you don't.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
- I will be judging my first contest on June 9th in Corvallis, Oregon.
- I plan to compete in a contest again as soon as I fully recover from a recent snowboard accident.
- I was hoping for the OCB Yorton Cup 4 Nationals in D.C. Oct. 27th, 2007 but not sure that I will be healthy enough for this one.
I do plan to get my pro card at my next show by winning a pro qualifying event.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
The biggest tip I can give a bodybuilder is don't quit, and that if you want something bad enough, you can have it.
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
My current favorite bodybuilder is Jay Cutler.
|Calling All Over 40 Amateurs!|