- Name: Elijah Levercom
- E-mail: Industrialfreak1984@yahoo.com
- Age: 24
- Where: Grand Haven, Michigan
- Height: 5' 6"
- Weight: 205 Lbs
- Years Bodybuilding :5
- Favorite Bodypart: Quads
- Favorite Exercise: Leg Press
- Favorite Supplements: Superpump250, Animal Pak, Whey Protein by EAS
How Did You Get Started?
I got started after high school growing up I was always a small kid and knew I wasn't going to get any taller, so off to the gym I headed just trying to gain some weight after starving myself for wrestling. I started putting on weight pretty quick so I enjoy it but had no clue what I was doing until a former coach and competitive bodybuilder Brian Boodt told me to head to the gym he trained at for a couple days a week and he would show me the ropes. After kicking my ass in a grueling arm workout he sent me home with a Dorian Yates VHS Blood and Guts. I got home feeling down and out, popped the video in, and my jaw dropped. The guy was a fricken animal. I couldn't take my eyes off the screen. So I headed back to the gym the next day to prove myself. I remember getting so sick to my stomach that I threw up a little in my mouth, again I headed home to watch Dorian in action.
After that in just a few short years I grew from 147lbs to 230lbs and felt big not knowing exactly what I was doing. I quickly learned that the scale lies. Just because it says your big doesn't mean you are. So I decided to take a run at the stage, and in 14 weeks I was a chiseled 177lbs winning my first show the 2007 Continental USA's Novice middleweight and Novice overall. From there it was back to the drawing board to improve my physique for another win. Off to the 2008 Grand Rapids bodybuilding championships again more success another win this time the men's division middleweight. From there the book is open for more wins.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
The workout plan that worked best for me was the H.I.T. system (High Intensity Training) by Mike Mentzer. The workout consist of single sets of heavy weight pushed to failure with partials, rest pause, drops whatever it takes to push a single set to failure. You start by doing an Isolation movement superset with a compound movement. Three exercises a muscle and three working sets total. For example:
- Warm Up: 1-2 Sets Of Flat Flyes
- Superset 1: Flat Flyes Heavy 4-6 Reps Complete Failure
- Superset 1: Flat Bench 4-6 Reps Complete Failure
- Superset 2: Incline Flyes Heavy 4-6 Complete Failure
- Superset 2: Incline Barbell Bench 4-6 Reps Complete Failure
- Superset 3: Dips 4-6 Reps Complete Failure
- Superset 3: Decline Bench 4-6 Reps Complete Failure
Stretch out take your supplements and sit back and grow and recover.
Click Here For A Printable Log Of Elijah Levercom's Example Chest Workout.
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
The nutrition plan that worked best for me is the ketogenic diet which is great for getting ripped while maintaining muscle mass and getting dense. The set up is like this:
- Monday-Tuesday are carb depletion days high protein set up to push all the glycogen out of your muscles and completely strip the carbs from being used as fuel.
- Wednesday-Friday high protein and medium fats on these days you are taking the high protein to help grow and recover. The fats will be used as fuel and for recovery. In those 5 days your body will scrape the line of ketosis which will kick your metabolism in and burn fat.
- Saturday and Sunday are carb days the protein stays high and the fats drop and get replaced with clean carbs to help force your bellies to grow by glycogen super compensation. Then after all that the diet starts back over and you pick back up with the depletion again.
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
The supplements I have taken with great result are as follows:
- Animal Pak by Universal - Great multivitamin gives your body the nutrition you aren't always getting from food.
- Superpump250 by Gaspari - Great pump product. Gets the blood following and fills the muscles up to help stretch the fascia.
- DHEA by Ultimate Nutrition - Frees up testosterone when you are sleeping to help you recover.
- Whey Protein by EAS - Protein is a building block for muscle, strength, and growth.
- PurpleWraath by Controlled Labs - Zero calorie amino acids in a pure form ready for your body to absorb, recover and grow.
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
The reason I love bodybuilding is simple CONTROL! Your body is the one thing you have complete control over in life. And the bodies we are born with are canvas. It's up to us to create the masterpieces that will be remembered for hundreds of years. Nothing is better then having the chance to completely transform yourself into a monster filled with muscles and veins and take a body that everyone is given and make it look like a one of a kind.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
My future plans in bodybuilding are to qualify for nationals head back to the drawing board recreate a physique that will leave no doubts and lead me to the pros.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
My advice to other bodybuilders is consistency. Bodybuilding doesn't have vacations it's full time, if you want to reach your true potential. You have to eat to grow, train to grow, and rest to grow. Training in the gym is only a small part of it. Anyone can lift weights, but to eat correctly and get the sleep you need takes discipline. So if you do not have the time to dedicate yourself find a new sport. This is not for the weak, lazy, or wannabes bodybuilding is an everyday gig so get up and commit.
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?