- Name: Constance Petot
- E-mail: Cnstnce@gmail.com
- Age: 30
- Where: Columbus, OH
- Height: 5'6"
- Weight: 115 Lbs Contest 125 Lbs Off
- Years Bodybuilding :2
- Favorite Bodypart: Shoulders And Back
- Favorite Exercise: Legs
- Favorite Supplements: Applied Nutriceuticals
How Did You Get Started?
In 2007 I entered a general health and fitness competition hosted by my employer. The test graded you on various fitness categories like flexibility, strength, cardiovascular health, and other health standards. You and your 3 teammates had 12 weeks to improve, and the winning team won a substantial prize. I managed to bring my body fat percent from 21% to 13.5% in those 12 weeks with the help of Bodybuilding.com, and I was hooked.
Over the course of the contest I had begun to learn about figure competitions and decided I wanted to take my fitness goals to the next level. I discovered that Columbus, Ohio was the perfect place to train and compete, so with a relationship falling apart a door opened for me to leave North Carolina and pursue my dream of competing in Ohio.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
Day 1 - Legs:
- Leg Extensions: 4 sets of 15 reps
- Dumbbell Lunge: 4 sets of 15 reps
- Leg Press: 4 sets of 15 reps
- Straight Leg Deadlift: 4 sets of 15 reps
- Hamstring Curls: 4 sets of 10 reps
Day 2 - Shoulders:
- Side Lateral Raise: 4 sets of 15 reps
- Front Raise: 4 sets of 15 reps
- Shoulder Press: 4 sets of 15 reps
- Rear Delt Flyes: 4 sets of 15 reps
Day 3 - Chest:
- Smith Machine Incline Press: 4 sets of 15 reps
- Dumbbell Flyes: 4 sets of 15 reps
- Dumbbell Presses: 4 sets of 15 reps
- Push Ups: 4 sets of 20 reps
- Cable Crossovers: 4 sets of 15 reps
Day 4 - Back:
- Wide Grip Pulldowns: 4 sets of 15 reps
- One Armed Row: 4 sets of 15 reps
- Straight Arm Pulldown: 4 sets of 15 reps
- Seated Cable Row: 4 sets of 15 reps
- Hyperextension: 4 sets of 20 reps
Day 5 - Arms:
- Preacher Curl: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Rope Pulldown: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Hammer Curl: 4 sets of 15 reps
- Bench Dips: 4 sets of 20 reps
- Dumbbell Curl: 4 sets of 15 reps
- Triceps Kickbacks: 4 sets of 15 reps
- EZ Bar Curl: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Overhead Extension: 4 sets of 10 reps
Day 6,7 - Rest
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
- 1 Cup Cottage Cheese
- 1 Serving RPM
1 Serving HGH Up
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
I am currently doing a product log for Applied Nutriceuticals (HGH Up, Drive, and RPM) and have had great experiences with them as a company. While dieting for my last shows I used Stimirex as a fat burner and really liked it, but I am looking forward to trying Black Cat for my next contest. I feel very strongly about taking a multivitamin, and I take V/M + daily. But I do get most of what I need from food.
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
I love fitness for so many reasons!
- Waking up everyday feeling great and ready to face the world is awesome!
- The daily sense of accomplishment after battling a really tough workout!
- Stepping on stage and feeling confident that you have done everything you can to be the best!
- The amazing people that you meet in the gym or backstage at any show!
- Looking hot in a bikini all year round.
What Motivates You To Follow A Healthy Lifestyle?
I love competing, and looking forward to the next show definitely keeps me going. I am lucky that my boyfriend is also very motivated to follow a healthy lifestyle so it's a fun thing for us to do together. I am a very goal minded person, so keeping the blinders on and pursuing my dreams will keep me here for a long time.
What Made You Want To Achieve Your Goals?
I want to be the best that I can be. I have always been a goal driven person and just love the sense of accomplishment that I can find in any little activity that is intended to help me reach a goal. Even if I just turn down a cookie I pat myself on the back because that is what it takes to appreciate your own efforts.
It gives me a greater sense of confidence and strengthens my will. It's been a couple of years since I have started competing, and I still get shocked when people compliment me on my will power and determination. It's not that hard if you really want it; you just have to really want it.
I have been training with Mike Davies of the Fitness Factory for almost a year and have seen such great gains. His training methods, diets, and attitude are just what I need to keep me on track. I have also benefited from being around a huge group of other figure competitors who remind me every posing class to stay on track by showing me what perseverance and dedication really mean. They have set a high bar and I intend on meeting it.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
I am currently training for a couple more regional shows in the fall. I have already qualified for Nationals, but don't feel that I am ready for that level of competing. I also am a French citizen, so I have to become an American citizen before I can compete. I am working on that.
I plan to do the Arnold Amateur next year which is an International show, and hopefully I will be ready for Nationals next summer. I want to earn my pro card in 2011, and like most of us fitness girls, I want the cover of Oxygen magazine.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
If I could give one tip to fitness competitors it would be to hire a trainer/coach. I know that it seems with the wealth of information out there that we can do it alone, but I assure you a good trainer can take you so much farther. I also encourage you to check out your trainer's history. Too many trainers out there are training figure and fitness girls like bodybuilders, and we are not bodybuilders. The look that we want is different, and the way that we respond to diet and training is different. Find someone with a good background in training figure girls, even if you only communicate with them through e-mail.
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
When I first discovered figure I was amazed with Valerie Waugaman and watched all her videos on Bodybuilding.com. Her positive attitude really got me interested in the sport. I get the immense pleasure of doing boot-camp with IFBB pros Julie Palmer and Latisha Wilder at the Metro Fitness gym, as well as posing classes. They show me that it takes hard work and dedication to be the best. But my absolute favorite IFBB pro is Natalie Calland who kicks my butt everyday and pushes me to be the best that I can be.
What Features Do You Use On Bodybuilding.com?
I have always gauged my progress using the charts on Bodybuilding.com. You can go to my BodySpace and look at my last 3 years. It's amazing. I also use the Forums a lot to get answers to my questions, to answer other people's questions, and sometimes just to entertain myself. BodySpace has always been a huge networking tool for me as well. I have met trainers, other competitors, workout partners, and just people that needed some guidance. I don't know what I would have done without it.