- Name: Brian Chou
- E-mail: Byc0181@yahoo.com
- Age: 28
- Where: Sugar Land, TX
- Height: 5'8"
- Weight: 165 lbs Off 151 lbs Contest
- Years Bodybuilding :2
- Favorite Bodypart: Back
- Favorite Exercise: Barbell Rows
- Favorite Supplements: Purple Wraath, Intrabolic, Xtend
How Did You Get Started?
Since I was a kid, I have always strived to be a competitive athlete. In middle school, I played for on a baseball, football and tennis team. I carried my passion for tennis onto high school where I played for Junior Varsity. Even though I was committed to my school's team, I always found myself playing pickup basketball games, touch football, and eventually started lifting weights. I found lifting to be a great outlet for stress, and at the same time it helped me improve my strength for sports.
Throughout college, I continued lifting, however, without the knowledge of nutrition. It wasn't until medical school, that I began to appreciate the foundation of a strong nutritional plan. As I began learning about human physiology through my studies, I became especially interested in how nutrition affected the human body.
This is when I found Bodybuilding.com. I found tons of great articles that helped me develop a greater understanding of how nutrition plays into the athlete's life. To this day, I still rely on the plethora of resources from this website. The members here have been so supportive and have helped me along my journey to achieve my bodybuilding goals.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
- Barbell Squats: 3 Sets Of 6 Reps
- Leg Presses: 3 Sets Of 8 Reps
- Stiff Leg Deadlifts: 3 Sets Of 8 Reps
- Hamstring Curls: 3 Sets Of 8-12 Reps
- Leg Extensions: 3 Sets Of 8-12 Reps
- Barbell Incline Press: 3 Sets Of 6 Reps
- Barbell Flat Press: 3 Sets Of 6 Reps
- Weighted Dips: 3 Sets Of 8 Reps
- Weighted Crunches: 3 Sets Of 8 Reps
- Hanging Leg Raises: 4 Sets Of 15 Reps
- Barbell Standing Rows: 3 Sets Of 6 Reps
- Deadlifts: 3 Sets Of 4-6 Reps
- Dumbbell Pullovers: 3 Sets Of 6-8 Reps
- Wide Grip Pull-Ups: 3 Sets Of 8 Reps
- Skull Crushers: 3 Sets Of 8-10 Reps
- Barbell Standing Curls: 3 Sets Of 6-8 Reps
- Dumbbell Overhead Extension: 3 Sets Of 6-8 Reps
- Dumbbell Standing Alternating Curls: 3 Sets Of 6-8 Reps
- Standing Smith Machine Calf Raises: 4 Sets Of 15 Reps
- Clean And Press: 3 Sets Of 4-6 Reps
- Upright Barbell Rows: 3 Sets Of 6-8 Reps
- Standing Dumbbell Presses: 3 Sets Of 6-8 Reps
- Dumbbell Laterals: 2 Sets Of 8-10 Reps
- Dumbbell Rear Delts: 2 Sets Of 8-10 Reps
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
Meal 1 - 8 AM:
Meal 2 - 11 AM: Intraworkout
Meal 3 - 1 PM:
Meal 4 - 3 PM:
Meal 5 - 6 PM:
Meal 6 - 9 PM:
Meal 7 - 11 PM:
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
- Whey Protein - Optimum, Better Body Sports, Extreme Formulations Ultra Whey
- Multivitamin - AST Multipro 32x, NOW ADAM
- Fish Oil - Generic
- Creatine - Better Body Sports CEE, Controlled Labs Green MAGnitude
- BCAA/EAA - Controlled Labs Purple Wraath, AEN Intrabolic, Universal Nutrition Intra-Aid
- Pre-Workout - Scivation VasoCharge, Fusion Fubar, Neogenix Velocity XT
- Fat Burners - San Tight! Xtreme
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
Each day, I wake up, and I'm ready to go! To go eat breakfast. To go to the gym. To go to work. I love the energy, drive, and satisfaction I gain from eating right and being in the best shape of my life everyday.
Each day is another chance I get to improve the way I live, and I have learned this through bodybuilding. I love taking the knowledge that I read about and applying it to my workouts and nutrition plans, knowing that the results will come with patience and persistence.
What Motivates You To Follow A Healthy Lifestyle?
I know that one day I will look back and be proud to tell my children how I have lived my life. I have challenged myself daily to become better than the day before, keeping in mind that there is always room for improvement.
What Made You Want To Achieve Your Goals?
The support and motivation I receive from friends, family, and members of Bodybuilding.com. I have gained a great deal of practice with contest dieting by competing in online competitions such as the OBF (Online Bodybuilding Federation found here www.onlinebodybuildingfederation.com). These contests have helped me learn about how my body reacts to dieting and cardio. The members of OBF are so supportive and I couldn't have asked for a better group of buddies with the similar passions and goals!
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
I recently placed 3rd in novice bodybuilding at my first bodybuilding competition, FAME Lonestar in Houston, TX. I was the smallest and lightest guy out there, so I know my next goal is going to be a long and much needed bulk to put on some good size. I will be in residency soon, so I know I will not have time to compete for the next 3 years. I have decided to make these years a strong and steady bulk. After I graduate residency, I hope to compete once again!
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
To me, bodybuilding truly is one of the most intricate sports. Not only do you have to be willing to apply yourself at the gym, but you must have the nutritional knowledge, discipline, and most importantly, the motivation to eat right!
Because of the rigorous nature of bodybuilding, one really needs a supportive group of family, family, and even online buddies from Bodybuilding.com! Find the support you need to achieve your goals! Surround yourself with positive influences and stay motivated! Keep tabs on your progress and be proud of what you accomplish, because before you know it, you won't even recognize yourself!
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
- Hidetada Yamagishi - By far, the poser of all time! Kevin Levrone - Dominating physique, many talents Milos Sarcev - classy physique Arnold Schwarzenegger - All time classic!
What Features Do You Use On Bodybuilding.com?