- Name: Brenda Boyd
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Age: 39
- Where: Houston, Texas
- Height: 4' 11"
- Weight: 113 lbs
- Years Bodybuilding :3
- Favorite Bodypart: Back
- Favorite Exercise: Hamstrings
- Favorite Supplements: Vanilla Protein
How Did You Get Started?
I've been teaching Group Exercise since 1988. But I got serious after my mom died at age 53 of a stroke. Her neurologist said I would have a stroke by age 40. I did two figure competitions last year then decided I wanted to do bodybuilding. I took 1st place in Novice at the Pro-Am show in Houston, Texas.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
Sunday and Thursday - Legs:
- Squats: 4 sets of 15 reps
- Deadlifts: 4 sets of 15 reps
- Leg Extensions: 3 sets of 30 reps
- Leg Curls: 4 sets of 15 reps
- Leg Press: 4 sets of 15 reps
Monday - Chest:
- Decline Press: 4 sets of 15, 12, 10, and 8 reps
- Dumbbell Chest Flys: 4 sets of 15, 12, 10, and 8 reps
- Push-ups: 4 sets of 15, 12, 10, and 8 reps
- Chest Press: 4 sets of 15, 12, 10, and 8 reps
Tuesday - Shoulders:
- Overhead Press with Dumbbells: 3 sets of 15, 12, and 10 reps
- Lateral Raises: 3 sets of 15, 12, and 10 reps
- Reverse Flys: 3 sets of 15, 12, and 10 reps
Wednesday - Back:
- Pull-ups: 7 sets on my own
- Shrugs: 4 sets of 15, 12, 10 and 8 reps always going up in weight
- High Rows: 4 sets of 15, 12, 10 and 8 reps always going up in weight
- Upright Rows: 4 sets of 15, 12, 10 and 8 reps always going up in weight
- Back Extensions: 4 sets of 15, 12, 10 and 8 reps always going up in weight
Friday - Biceps and Triceps:
- Brain crusher: 3 sets of 15, 12, and 10 reps
- Press downs: 3 sets of 15, 12, and 10 reps
- Hammer curls: 3 sets of 15, 12, and 10 reps
- Bicep curls: 3 sets of 15, 12, and 10 reps
- Concentration curls: 3 sets of 15, 12, and 10 reps
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
I start 12 weeks out. It's best for me to just eat the same thing almost everyday.
Next 4 Weeks
- Kale or broccoli
I put salsa on everything!
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
It's amazing to see the body transform. It's unbelievable what your body can do once you start strength training and eating clean. The way you feel is awesome!
Hypertension and diabetes runs in my family. My great-grandmother, grandmother, and mother all died at the age of 53 due to stroke. I want to see my two boys get old.
My friends, family, and clients believing in me and telling me that I was already a winner and that I did not need to do a competition. Their belief in me really made me want to eat clean and exercise everyday until I reached my goal.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
To take first place at the Lee Labrada Texas State championship on October 24th in Open Class Bodybuilding.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
- Stay focus.
- Journal your journey.
- Tell someone your goals so they will hold you accountable.
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?