- Name: Brady Johnston
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Age: 31
- Where: Salt Lake City
- Height: 5'10"
- Weight: 223 Lbs
- Years Bodybuilding :5
- Favorite Bodypart: Shoulders
- Favorite Exercise: Military Press
- Favorite Supplements: Whey Protein, BCAA, NO Shotgun
How Did You Get Started?
Growing up I started wrestling at the early age of seven. I loved the sport and the feeling of knowing my own sacrifice in the gym and on the mat was mine only, so I relate bodybuilding a lot to wrestling; it gave me the self-discipline I needed to be good at the sport of bodybuilding. I'm very grateful for my coaches and my father for being so helpful in making me disciplined in that regard. My older brother Garrad was always into the bodybuilding magazines and stuff, and I remember looking at them sometimes when I was around 12 or so, thinking to myself, how did they get so big?
My brother later started competing and I would watch him diet. I was like, no way would I ever want to eat that many meals a day and not be able to eat what I want. Then at the age of 25 I had gained little bit of fat - not much, but it was too much to me - so I started training and eating the same stuff as my brother and I grew... very fast. One day my brother told me I should do a show with him, so in the spring of 2005 we both competed together. I placed 3rd in the middleweights - I knew from that day on I was addicted to the sport and how great a feeling it was to be in the best shape of my life - even better than in my days on the wrestling mat, so here I am still going forward with my dream of earning my IFBB pro card.
A few quotes I like: "There will always be tension between your goal and the fear of failing to achieve it. Quiet frankly, you want it that way. The trick is learning how not to surrender to fear but thrive on its tension." And my quote is: "No Limits and No Regrets."
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
- Day 1 - Chest
- Day 2 - Back
- Day 3 - Shoulders
- Day 4 - Quadriceps
- Day 5 - Arms
- Day 6 - Hamstrings/Calves
I also train abs 3 times a week.
Day 1: Chest
- Incline Or Flat Press: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Incline Flyes: 3 sets of 12-20 reps
- Seated Press Machine: 3 sets of 12-20 reps
- Seated Fly Machine: 3-4 sets of 12-20 reps
- Cable Crossover: 3 sets of 12-20 reps
Day 2: Back
- Deadlifts: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Warm Up With Seated Machine Rows: 3 sets of 20 reps
- Bent Over Dumbbell Rows: 3 sets of 12 reps
- One Handed Seated Cable Rows: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Cable Lat Pulldowns: 3 sets of 12 reps
Day 3: Shoulders
- Front Lateral Raises: 5 sets of 12-20 reps
- Side Lateral Raises: 5 sets of 12-20 reps
- Military Presses: 3 sets of 12-20 reps
- Cable Side Lateral Raises: 3 sets of 12-20 reps
- Rear Delts: 5 sets of 12-20 reps
Day 4: Quadriceps
- Rear Squats: 5 sets of 10-15 reps
- Leg Press: 3 sets of 12-20 reps
- Walking Lunges: 7 sets of 20 reps
- Leg Extensions: 5 sets of 10-15 reps
Day 5: Biceps/Triceps
- Standing Dumbbell Curls: 3 sets of 12-20 reps
- Standing Hammer Curls: 3 sets of 12-20 reps
- Preacher Machine Curls: 3 sets of 12-20 reps
- Cable Machine Curls: 3 sets of 12-20 reps
Day 6: Hamstrings And Calves
- Stiff Legged Deadlifts: 4 sets of 12-20 reps
- Laying Hamstring Curls: 5 sets of 12-20 reps
- Seated Hamstring Curl: 5 sets of 12-20 reps
- Seated Calve Raises: 5 sets of 25-30 reps
- Standing Calve Raises: 5 sets of 25-30 reps
- Donkey Calve Raises: 3 sets of 25-30 reps
Day 7: Rest
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
Meal 1 - 6:30 AM:
Meal 2 - 9:00 AM:
Meal 3 - 11:30 AM:
Meal 4 - 1:30 PM:
Meal 5 - 4:30 PM:
Meal 6 - 6:30 PM:
Meal 7 - 9:00 PM:
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
I love the pre-workout NO drinks I'm not going to market any product right now but I enjoy several different brands, Vanadyl Sulfate it works a lot like insulin. You have to keep your metabolism up and b-complex is huge in helping with that. Whey protein helps a lot to get that protein surged into your muscles fast.
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
The number 1 thing I like about the sport is of course the pump and the power I feel from it, no high out there is like what I get from the gym. If I'm having a bad day I go to the gym, and boom, I'm all happy again. I love seeing results everyday and thinking to myself, "God gave me this gift to use and to inspire others to reach for their own goals and to have belief that you will achieve anything if you put your mind to it."
Speaking of the mind... people look at bodybuilders or pretty fitness girls and they think it's all body that gets them there, when truth is its all mind. You have to put yourself in a zone when you get ready for a show - that can only be described by someone who has been there, and being there is a very powerful feeling (to be able to control your body and mind). "Obsession is what lazy people call determination."
What Motivates You To Follow A Healthy Lifestyle?
Plain and simple you feel so much better about yourself and the entire outlook on life!
What Made You Want-Achieve Your Goals?
I guess the fact that I was raised to never quit and I believe that when you find your passion or what your good at you should pour your entire heart and soul into it. I love the way I feel and look when I'm getting ready for a show.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
My plans in bodybuilding are to take myself as far as I can - to earn my IFBB pro card. First things first, I'm competing March 20th in Salt Lake City at a NPC National Qualifier and then April 16th and 17th at the Emerald Cup in Seattle.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
Advice I give to others is to realize what you're getting yourself into, and don't think it comes easy. You have to be willing to give more things up than you can ever imagine. There are pros and cons to it, but to me the pros have always outweighed the cons. My saying is, "No Limits and No Regrets", and that is the way I choose to live. Remember that it's an everyday battle. You have to fight, you have to be consistent, you can't take time off unless you need it, and you have to work harder than your mind wants too.